First away game back in Europe

If we win a cup in div1 will we be able to play in Europe?

If the accounts filed in march are for this year.

Then next march accounts is for year 2

Does that mean our accounts filed march in div1 will be year 3?

If so, and if we win a cup in div1 could we potentially play in Europe on our first year back in the SPL?

If so, and if we win a cup in div1 could we potentially play in Europe on our first year back in the SPL?

Yes.

I think we'd have to win the SC though, I don't think there's any automatic entry to Europe for CIS Cup winners (tu)

Absolutely. See if we win the scottish cup say next season, does that 3 year ban come into play?

If we win the SC next year we wouldn't get Europe out of it but if we were to win the SC in Division 1 we would get into Europe provided the rules stay the same as they are now (tu)

If we win the SC next year we wouldn't get Europe out of it but if we were to win the SC in Division 1 we would get into Europe provided the rules stay the same as they are now (tu)

Right. Cheers for clearing that up. It wouldn't be unrealistic to try and win the Scottish cup when were in division 1.

Right. Cheers for clearing that up. It wouldn't be unrealistic to try and win the Scottish cup when were in division 1.

Agreed although not having to deal with Europe in our first season back in the top flight might be a blessing if we are able to put together a squad strong enough to win the title.

In four of our past five title wins we've been out of Europe by Christmas which probably contributed to us winning the title. During Celtic's 3 in a row spell under Strachan we did well in Europe every season of that three in a row but never won the league (tu)

Agreed although not having to deal with Europe in our first season back in the top flight might be a blessing if we are able to put together a squad strong enough to win the title.

In four of our past five title wins we've been out of Europe by Christmas which probably contributed to us winning the title. During Celtic's 3 in a row spell under Strachan we did well in Europe every season of that three in a row but never won the league (tu)

Aye that's a good point. There is a definite correlation between doing well in Europe and losing the title, not just in Scotland but in most big leagues in Europe. I want to see us fully focused on the league by the time we get back up there. Being in 4 competitions is just not what we need to be frank, it might be financially beneficial but I'd rather we did as well as we can in the SPL.

Aye that's a good point. There is a definite correlation between doing well in Europe and losing the title, not just in Scotland but in most big leagues in Europe. I want to see us fully focused on the league by the time we get back up there. Being in 4 competitions is just not what we need to be frank, it might be financially beneficial but I'd rather we did as well as we can in the SPL.

Agreed ideally I'd like to win the SPL in our first season back even if that means having a Kaunas esque embarassing European exit.

Obviously though as a club in the long term we need to be strong both domestically and on the European stage but our priority on returning to the top flight should be reclaiming our title (tu)

Agreed ideally I'd like to win the SPL in our first season back even if that means having a Kaunas esque embarassing European exit.

Obviously though as a club in the long term we need to be strong both domestically and on the European stage but our priority on returning to the top flight should be reclaiming our title (tu)

Definitely! I can't think of anything sweeter than that :D

Will you be going and how many fans do you think we will take? Obviously depends on the country but I reckon 15-20k folk will make the journey no matter where it is.

No chance.

It’ll be against a small team with next to no tickets, in the middle of nowhere.

Wonder if they’ll start the Travel Club from scratch! That could be interesting.

We've won plenty leagues, and only one European title.

I'll gladly take a poor season in the SPL for a right crack at Europe.

Sadly not, the account have to be lodged before the season starts so they can be submitted to UEFA in order to gain a licence to play in Europe.

We would need to lodge our 3rd year of accounts next summer for this to happen but we have only just lodged year 1 a few months ago and I cant see how we can get to year 3 in 15 months time.