John 'Bomber' Brown

Last summer, I attended the protest against the Charles Green takeover outside Ibrox led by John 'Bomber' Brown.

Some of his lines that day were a bit Braveheart-esque and seemed a little mad. But for some reason, the thousands of Rangers fans there actually listened to and believed him.

I mainly believed him because he is a Rangers man through and through and had good links and leads with the Club.

He was also the only person that appeared to be open and honest with us at the time.

But as the last year will show us, Green came in and has done a terrific job since. Obviously, he has a few faults, but who hasn't?

But given the last week's developments, should we have actually listened to Bomber a bit more? In regards to Green and Whyte? And to what Alistair Johnston recently said about Whyte wanting to retain Ibrox and Murray Park in his own name, then lease back them to the Club and cash in a fat cheque every month whilst sticking two fingers up to the lot of us.

It seems like that sentence: "Show us the title deeds!" actually appears to hold up a bit now.

People, I included thought this was just a bitter attempt to grab the club from under Green's nose, but now I'm thinking about it again. Maybe Bomber knew that this was Whyte's plan. And perhaps he knew more than he was letting on.

For the record, that's not me being anti-Green whatsoever. I just think that John Brown knew a bit more than we did at the time and things might have turned out much more differently.

Posters seem to be talking about all different aspects of last year's takeover and I was just wondering what everyone's take on this was.

Folllow your Heart just now, I guarantee whilst Ally and Walter are there don't Panic .

We as Fans Support the Team on the Park, Fuck the Spivs they will Know their Time when it is Ready to go .

Don#t let your Heart be weary ,there are Good Bears on here who will Educate and Keep you aware of what is going on.

See above

Honestly, I apologise for my statements and posts against John Brown, not to say i dont believe Charles Green, but I believe Bomber was right to question him, a lot of fans, including myself, wrongfully ridiculed the man, who was only looking into the interests of the club he loves dearly, just like any real gers man would. Whether he was right or wrong in his accusations, he asked the question long before many of us did, and it looks like it may be the question that needed asking.

I don't think that Bomber had the dough or the intellect to take over at Rangers.

My friend asked him to his face: "You're telling us not to buy our season tickets and the Club is in dire need of cash. What do we do to help the Club?"

Bomber glanced at him and walked on.

I still think he knew a lot more than he was letting on though.

Honestly, I apologise for my statements and posts against John Brown, not to say i dont believe Charles Green, but I believe Bomber was right to question him, a lot of fans, including myself, wrongfully ridiculed the man, who was only looking into the interests of the club he loves dearly, just like any real gers man would. Whether he was right or wrong in his accusations, he asked the question long before many of us did, and it looks like it may be the question that needed asking.

He was not asking questions though, he was ranting and spouting bile all the time.

I have to agree with a lot of this. Sadly Bomber let himself down by the manner in which he went about raising his concerns. Plus the people he was associated with. But he did have the guts to put his head above the parapet.... But then this is a guy nicknamed Bomber... Subtly was never his strongest asset, and a The End Justifies the Means approach can end in tears. A lot of us connected to Rangers have made errors of judgement over recent times- I am more than prepared to move on and forget his.

Last summer, I attended the protest against the Charles Green takeover outside Ibrox led by John 'Bomber' Brown.

Some of his lines that day were a bit Braveheart-esque and seemed a little mad. But for some reason, the thousands of Rangers fans there actually listened to and believed him.

I mainly believed him because he is a Rangers man through and through and had good links and leads with the Club.

He was also the only person that appeared to be open and honest with us at the time.

But as the last year will show us, Green came in and has done a terrific job since. Obviously, he has a few faults, but who hasn't?

But given the last week's developments, should we have actually listened to Bomber a bit more? In regards to Green and Whyte? And to what Alistair Johnston recently said about Whyte wanting to retain Ibrox and Murray Park in his own name, then lease back them to the Club and cash in a fat cheque every month whilst sticking two fingers up to the lot of us.

It seems like that sentence: "Show us the title deeds!" actually appears to hold up a bit now.

People, I included thought this was just a bitter attempt to grab the club from under Green's nose, but now I'm thinking about it again. Maybe Bomber knew that this was Whyte's plan. And perhaps he knew more than he was letting on.

For the record, that's not me being anti-Green whatsoever. I just think that John Brown knew a bit more than we did at the time and things might have turned out much more differently.

Posters seem to be talking about all different aspects of last year's takeover and I was just wondering what everyone's take on this was.

It was all about the money for bomber, place why recommend a tim to take over one and one that was in serious financial problems. Big fat commission payment and he was being used and couldn't see it and when all hell broke loose when everyone discovered the name and background of the guy, bomber suddenly has this other investment from far east, that he recommends as the bees knees.

Yes he played for the club..yes he supported Rangers and with this in mind makes it all the stranger that he gave the two fingers to the fans.

Whatever Bomber heard during that meeting with Green was enough for him to ring the alarm bells, Brown being Brown though and not 'a grass' wanted to do things like you'd do in a pub, he wanted to warn and possibly intimidate Charles Green into some kind of defence yet wasn't willing to tell the fans what he knew.

I believe his heart was in the right place at the time but his brain certainly wasn't, if he came out and told everyone what he was told my Green in the office then things might have been different

I don't think that Bomber had the dough or the intellect to take over at Rangers.

My friend asked him to his face: "You're telling us not to buy our season tickets and the Club is in dire need of cash. What do we do to help the Club?"

Bomber glanced at him and walked on.

I still think he knew a lot more than he was letting on though.

Am I missing something here ?

Your friend asked a fairly relevant question to which he received no answer, only a galance.

Just what were supporters to do ?

Not buy season tickets and watch the club go to the wall.