How can you judge Ally as a manager?

KingKirk

I don't understand why the wage budget has to do with Ally as he has no input in how much we pay. He should only be judged on a team of players he has scouted and been allowed to buy. Which as yet he has not been able to do.imo

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not quite. I'm saying that I don't know if we could have kept on their tales or not, no-one does, but to state that the League was over is nonsense because we were in a similar position the year before and rallied. I know this won't make you stop saying that the League was over but it should, because administration makes any argument redundant.

even if we take the league out, allys rangers team were out of 4 tournaments before admin, thats an abysmal record considering it is the same squad and coaching staff that won the double the previous season

we didnt put on any pressure nevermind keep it up, we literally walked over to the piggery at new year and handed them the title without a fight

it was a disgusting capitulation

We were very unlucky, it was an even game we had a goal wrongly not allowed and we conceded a goal to a set piece.

Hardly a capitulation. It was a very tight game (tu)

I'm affraid our club will never be what it should be with McCoist as manager and the longer he remains in place the more obvious that will become. I wonder if those who still support him actually go to the games and watch the same clueless performances against the most modest of opposition that I do. You know today at the end there was hardly even any booing which just shows how far we have sunk into the mire :anguish:

TWB. Look at today's performance by Ally. Centre forward playing on left. Left winger in centre. Brings on a overtly and only left footed player onto the right wing. Defence leaking and Jig up front. Players being outrun and out chased in the 4th quarter of the game. Hardly a forward pass. Wingers always cutting in - never going outside and hitting byline. Nobody, nobody taking anybody on, always easy back pass or square pass and he doesn't seem to know how to change it on the field, bereft of ideas.

The worst of it everybody I know wants him to have it by IMO he just doesn't.

Having been 9 points ahead in mid November.

celtic were well on their way to the title before we even went in to administration.

No they were not, what a stupid thing to say.

We were 4 points behind them with nearly the exact same win/loss ratio. FFS we went on a tear then started dropping points. they dropped points then went on a tear. as soon as adminstration hit, any bit of possible pressure we could ahve put on celtic was gone.

They were ONLY 4 points in front of us, and they are world famous bottle merchants.

TWB. Look at today's performance by Ally. Centre forward playing on left. Left winger in centre. Brings on a overtly and only left footed player onto the right wing. Defence leaking and Jig up front. Players being outrun and out chased in the 4th quarter of the game. Hardly a forward pass. Wingers always cutting in - never going outside and hitting byline. Nobody, nobody taking anybody on, always easy back pass or square pass and he doesn't seem to know how to change it on the field, bereft of ideas.

The worst of it everybody I know wants him to have it by IMO he just doesn't.

It wasn't very good, no. We have a Summer to sort it out before next season starts though, he deserves at least one more season.

i mean the overall 9 point lead throwing away mate (tu)

I've posted here though about our points tally so I don't really want to go through that again in huge detail so will keep it brief.

Ally may have "thrown away" a 9 point tally but there are some mitigating circumstances. Firstly Celtic went on a 17 match winning run, I know we're never allowed to admit they might have done even something minorly good on this forum but that sort of run is hard to keep up with for any team. You go find me a team outside Barca in the last 3 years that have had a run like that?

We had 61 points after 26 games basically before administration, In 08/09 we had 57 points after 26 games, in 09/10 we had 61 points out of 26 games and in 10/11 we had 62 points after 26 games. In each of those seasons we won the title. So Ally's overall points tally was perfectly reasonable, we were in touching distance of Celtic and this was without having Naismith for a good period of time and with Jelavic gone.

The other thing to bear in mind is that football relies partially on luck and we had none of it. We should have had a penalty in the Kilmarnock defeat when the score was 0-0. We had a fair goal disallowed against Celtic in the defeat at Parkhead and Celtic also got very lucky when they went to Tynecastle and the opposing team scored a legitimate goal that wasn't allowed and Celtic raced up the field to open the scoring.

Yes capitulating our 9 point lead was awful however we had bounced back fairly well in the league after that awful run of collecting 10 points out of a possible 21. We won 4 and drew 1 of our next five league matches scoring 14 goals and conceding just three.

We may not have gone on to win the title but being 4 points behind in February is not incontrovertible proof that it was lost either (tu)

TBW. It's really difficult for me to say this but I think we need change. If there was some inkling in the past few weeks that the pressure was of the team and they started playing more free football then I would agree with you but I just don't see it. If he's there next year then he will get my support but I'm afraid it will be a Christmas change and more detrimental to People's view of Ally. Hope I'm wrong but we will see.

Anybody who thinks McCoist is a Manager and going to take Ranagers forward havn't got a clue , he is fucking clueless an sick of the excuses time for

him to go and his pals Durrant and McDowall to go and a new Management team in place no ifs or buts ... Give McCoist 20m and he will still be clueless

anybody want to tell me his Managerial crendentials to take Rangers forward... Would be Interesting to hear...

TBW. It's really difficult for me to say this but I think we need change. If there was some inkling in the past few weeks that the pressure was of the team and they started playing more free football then I would agree with you but I just don't see it. If he's there next year then he will get my support but I'm afraid it will be a Christmas change and more detrimental to People's view of Ally. Hope I'm wrong but we will see.

I find it hard to justify getting rid of Ally when he's getting the job done. I can appreciate critics along the lines of 'anyone can get promoted' and 'there's no entertainment' but that's to a point irrelevant.

Ally is being paid to deliver promotion and win us leagues and football matches. Entertainment would be nice but its not an obligation even if some fans think it should be. His job is to take us up the leagues and win us football matches more often than not this season that is what he has done and therefore unless he fails to get us promoted he'll have my backing.

I think the real test for McCoist's management will come when we return to the top flight as I agree it doesn't require a brilliant manager to get us promoted at this point (tu)

No Tactical Prowess or Ability to Coach and Coach/ Train Players.

A lack of Inspiration when things are going against us ,which is often now.

Poor choice of Players coming in , along with inability to spot Potential.

And I think he has involved himself in the Politics of what has gone on .He shouldn't have .

He tookover an SPL Champions side, and had us thrown out of numerous Tournaments both Domestically and in Europe Playing Poor Football.

Had enough of it now as it is Obvious the Direction he is going, and wanting to throw Money at this Team, shouldn't have to do that as we should be able to compete with what we have at our Disposal.

And I think he has involved himself in the Politics of what has gone on .He shouldn't have .

Do you have any proof? I fear I already know the answer to this question.

I find it hard to justify getting rid of Ally when he's getting the job done. I can appreciate critics along the lines of 'anyone can get promoted' and 'there's no entertainment' but that's to a point irrelevant.

Ally is being paid to deliver promotion and win us leagues and football matches. Entertainment would be nice but its not an obligation even if some fans think it should be. His job is to take us up the leagues and win us football matches more often than not this season that is what he has done and therefore unless he fails to get us promoted he'll have my backing.

I think the real test for McCoist's management will come when we return to the top flight as I agree it doesn't require a brilliant manager to get us promoted at this point (tu)

HAHA You serious McCoist hasn't got a clue ffs wake up and smell the coffee ... I could have Managed and you and won the League Div 3 ffs with the squad he has get a grip against part time postman , bakers, candle stick makers, there is nothing and i mean nothing to suggest McCoist can take us forward it is time for him to go...

Colombo. Here what your saying and we could debate about it for a while but he does not convince me he can raise our game if he had some better players. We shall see what the new board think -moot point until we know.

HAHA You serious McCoist hasn't got a clue ffs wake up and smell the coffee ... I could have Managed and you and won the League Div 3 ffs with the squad he has get a grip against part time postman , bakers, candle stick makers, there is nothing and i mean nothing to suggest McCoist can take us forward it is time for him to go...

Now I'm no scientition but I'm fairly sure that winning promotion is taking the club forward.

Colombo. Here what your saying and we could debate about it for a while but he does not convince me he can raise our game if he had some better players. We shall see what the new board think -moot point until we know.

How do you know whether his coaching is good or not? Tactically he could be doing better I agree but there have been rare instances of success look at the 3-5-2 we adopted in the 3-2 Old Firm victory last year for example.

Must be imaging the fact then that we have been behind in numerous games under McCoist and come back to win them. In the league matches we have played under McCoist we have fallen behind in 21 of those fixtures and have come back to win eight of those games, lost 10 and salvaged a draw in three of them.

Hardly brilliant but to suggest he has no inspiration in turning the team round is over the top. Look at the 4-2 victory over Celtic in the first Old Firm game in 2011/2012 as an example.

There's been good players and there's been bad you have only focused on the bad. Lee Wallace, Sone Aluko, David Templeton and Carlos Bocanegra have all been brilliant.

Players like Dorin Goian have been hit and miss as well although I personally rate him highly.

As for spotting potential Lewis MacLeod, Andy Little and Barrie McKay have all featured prominently this season and Little was utilized towards the end of last successfully. This season numerous youngsters have been used with varying degress of success as you'd expect from young players but he's shown he is capable of spotting a good potential player.

You think? In other words you don't know and you're speculating (tu)

McCoist needs to be removed to help secure the clubs future he is a clueless manager I sat 20 feet from him today and were getting pumped from a team with 50 supporters backing them....not a peep from useless ally.....