How can you judge Ally as a manager?

KingKirk

The fans that are saying Ally doesn't have it as a manager. What do you base your opinion on?

Ally has been the boss for two years, The first under whyte, were he was given false promises over signings, Jelavic sold on the last day of the window when no replacement was brought in, Then a few days later we go into admin, blowing any chance of 4IAR.

Then under Charles. He had to bring in a full new team for division 3. All of our top stars walk for nothing costing the club millions. So we have only had free tranfers to work with, Yes most of them have been poor but what did you really expect Ally to do?. Kids along with the players that stayed wouldn't of won SFL3.

Ally has had his hands tied for the last 2year and will have again this summer. With again only free transfers to work with. It's important to remember, free transfers are exactly that for one of two reasons:

1)The player himself wants a new challange.

2) The player is not very good and has been let go.

I don't think he can be judge on free transfer as they come risk free, apart from a wage. If these players prove to be not very good, Ally can't do anything about that atm.

The time to judge Ally is from January, When he will be working under the same conditions as every other manager. I will only judge Ally over the next 18months to 2year when he is given the scope to bring in the payers he wants. He has done his job for this season.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he can do is get payers from category 1

Getting players released because they are not very good would be an act of folly but if the cap fits.

The other thing to consider is that he won't be operating to the same conditions as other managers as he will have substantially more resources available to him than any manager in the ( hopefully ) 2nd Division.

It's the lack of progress that annoys me about Ally. At times we have played good football this season, gave teams an absolute doing and looked hungry and up for it. But surely we can play 4-4-2 in this division, surely to fuck. We battered Queens Park with that formation just recently, and the substitutions are baffling. Why is Little playing right wing? The guy would be our top scorer if he was centre forward without question. Things like this have pissed me off about Ally. I think he deserves another season, but he really has to raise his game in the next 12 months or he will be out.

Tactics, passing and moving, cohesive defences and organisation are how I can judge Ally. He's not doing it. And he's had two years.

Smith for all of his faults, would have nailed all of the above, with the possible exception of pass/move.

It's the lack of progress that annoys me about Ally. At times we have played good football this season, gave teams an absolute doing and looked hungry and up for it. But surely we can play 4-4-2 in this division, surely to fuck. We battered Queens Park with that formation just recently, and the substitutions are baffling. Why is Little playing right wing? The guy would be our top scorer if he was centre forward without question. Things like this have pissed me off about Ally. I think he deserves another season, but he really has to raise his game in the next 12 months or he will be out.

He won the title what more can he do with the cards hes been given.

The fans that are saying Ally doesn't have it as a manager. What do you base your opinion on?

Ally has been the boss for two years, The first under whyte, were he was given false promises over signings, Jelavic sold on the last day of the window when no replacement was brought in, Then a few days later we go into admin, blowing any chance of 4IAR.

Then under Charles. He had to bring in a full new team for division 3. All of our top stars walk for nothing costing the club millions. So we have only had free tranfers to work with, Yes most of them have been poor but what did you really expect Ally to do?. Kids along with the players that stayed wouldn't of won SFL3.

Ally has had his hands tied for the last 2year and will have again this summer. With again only free transfers to work with. It's important to remember, free transfers are exactly that for one of two reasons:

1)The player himself wants a new challange.

2) The player is not very good and has been let go.

I don't think he can be judge on free transfer as they come risk free, apart from a wage. If these players prove to be not very good, Ally can't do anything about that atm.

The time to judge Ally is from January, When he will be working under the same conditions as every other manager. I will only judge Ally over the next 18months to 2year when he is given the scope to bring in the payers he wants. He has done his job for this season.

Good post but every wee negative result brings out those who have never supported him and that gives a false impression as many still fully support him

Same old excuses. I'm basing my opinion on the absolutley horrendous style of football we have been watching under Ally for 2 years. The problem this season is that we don't have a Naismith or Aluko who can do something special and gloss over a poor team performance.

We create nothing, persist in long balls, and are reliant on scoring goals which come from defensive mistakes or a bit of brilliance from distance. We have pacey skilful players who rarely try to get past a man. We persist in playing players out of position.

For two years now I have watched the most dreadful football I have ever seen Rangers play. I struggle to watch a full game now as its absolutley boring, and with the players Ally has been looking at i.e Daly and a DEFENSIVE midfielder from Hondouras, I see no signs of improvement. That's what I'm judging Ally on.

McLeish got dogs abuse for his signings yet a very large amount of them were frees.

also won championships and still got dogs abuse from the fans, right now its not about winning the league its about progression, and so far progression player wise, tactic wise, training wise, fitness wise no progression has been made over the 2 years, its the same old bland stuff, its the same defensive problems, its the same mistakes

He took charge of the cup games when working under smith. Performances were dire!

He got us knocked out of Europe twice before the schools were back by rubbish teams. That was with a championship winning team with no real signs of problems.

He got us knocked out cups by lower league teams filled with teenagers whilst in the spl.

He has signed one good player, a couple of mediocre ones and a huge amount crap. The one good one had to pay his way in. If he chose to sign them, he is a crap judge of ability, if they were forced on them, he is a pushover.

He has been beaten on far too many occasions with guys who play football as a hobby, whilst having a squad of highly paid pro's. he has failed to motivate them. If the players were not trying, he should give them a scolding, but publicly backs them. It's not working. Bad management.

His team look no more fit than the part timers he is up against. Inexcusable.

Now can you list out anything to suggest evidence that he is a good manager?

Tactics are clearly alien to the team and coaching staff

Playing footballers in their recognized positions clearly an alien concept to the coaching staff

Fitness clearly alien to the team and coaching staff

Spouting the same old pish after every poor performance

Peeheeing with the wanky press who he fuken knows will use every word he spouts to their advantage eg show me your medals Charles / The club needs cleansed

Lifting 15 grand a week masquerading as a top notch manager (on top of the millions already accumulated from the club )

Ally lovers defending his stewardship compared to John Greig FFS Greig was tactically aware eg Juventus PSV getting us to the quarters of the European Cup to lose by a single goal and we can't win the Ramsdens.

Spare me any more pish. Time to go whilst there still some goodwill left and don't even think about a payoff

I can judge him on what I have seen this season. If he can not motivate that team then he is not a good manager. I can accept the players being not up to a certain ability but the unbelievable lack of effort and desire is a joke. There was actually people about me at Ibrox today laughing at some of the passes and lack of effort from the players, I think more from a point of if you dont laugh you'll cry. Also when peterhead scored their second goal today I don't think I've ever seen a less surprised reaction to the opposition scoring at Ibrox. Ally Mccoist is a terrible terrible manager.

also won championships and still got dogs abuse from the fans, right now its not about winning the league its about progression, and so far progression player wise, tactic wise, training wise, fitness wise no progression has been made over the 2 years, its the same old bland stuff, its the same defensive problems, its the same mistakes

This is what I've been saying! How many fucking goals are we going to lose from sloppy defending at set peices, and our set peices have been fucking dreadful. Just look at that Ian Black free kick today, absolute shambles.