McCoist: Green and Ahmad should sell Ibrox shares to fans' favourites

KingBrian

Manager Ally McCoist has urged Charles Green and Imran Ahmad to sell their Rangers shares to people who share the same vision as the fans.

Commercial director Ahmad's departure was confirmed by Rangers today.

The Ibrox side are investigating reports that messages posted on a fans' forum - criticising McCoist and former boss and board member Walter Smith - were linked to Ahmad's official Rangers email account.

Speaking after today's 4-2 win over East Stirling, McCoist said: "I wasn't aware of [Ahmad's departure] to be honest with you.

"I wouldn't comment on it just now because I've literally just found out about that and the investigation is still underway so I would comment after that."

Ahmad was part of the Green consortium which purchased the business and assets of Rangers last summer.

Green resigned as chief executive last week and is reportedly set to sell his shares to bus tycoon James Easdale.

McCoist added: "The fans need somebody to come in that they can relate to and who can agree with their vision in taking the club forward."

A banner unfurled by supporters at the match at Ochilview declared: "Rangers FC our football club, not a commodity for businessmen to plunder. We want our Rangers back!"

McCoist said: "The fans are absolutely right. If anybody deserves their club back, it's the fans.

"The support has been absolutely phenomenal, just when the club has needed them most. It is their club.

"Once one or two individuals start thinking it's all about them, it's not. Far from it.

"The club belongs to thousands and thousands of supporters and they are absolutely right.

"They need to get their club back and we need to get our club back."

He added: "I know for a fact that there are people here who have the club's best interests at heart.

"Their only desire is to make the club better and progress and move forward.

"We've got a fantastic staff and workforce.

"We have to get things right at the top, which goes without saying.

"And, when we do get things right at the top, I know for a fact that the staff and the workforce will continue to do their jobs, which they have done brilliantly."

David Templeton netted a double and Ian Black and Robbie Crawford were also on the scoresheet, with Paul Quinn grabbing a brace for the Shire, who put up a decent fight in what was Rangers' last away match in the Irn-Bru Third Division.

"I wouldn't say I'm glad to see the back of these games," said McCoist, when posed the question about their visits to less salubrious surroundings this term.

"The whole thing has been a massive rollercoaster journey, which we knew it would be. It's been a great experience.

"It's been a lot tougher than a lot of people thought it would be but it wasn't a lot tougher than we thought it would be.

"The away journeys have been fantastic, they have been a great adventure and it's been a real learning curve for everybody within the club."

Manager Ally McCoist has urged Charles Green and Imran Ahmad to sell their Rangers shares to people who share the same vision as the fans.

Commercial director Ahmad's departure was confirmed by Rangers today.

The Ibrox side are investigating reports that messages posted on a fans' forum - criticising McCoist and former boss and board member Walter Smith - were linked to Ahmad's official Rangers email account.

Speaking after today's 4-2 win over East Stirling, McCoist said: "I wasn't aware of [Ahmad's departure] to be honest with you.

"I wouldn't comment on it just now because I've literally just found out about that and the investigation is still underway so I would comment after that."

Ahmad was part of the Green consortium which purchased the business and assets of Rangers last summer.

Green resigned as chief executive last week and is reportedly set to sell his shares to bus tycoon James Easdale.

McCoist added: "The fans need somebody to come in that they can relate to and who can agree with their vision in taking the club forward."

A banner unfurled by supporters at the match at Ochilview declared: "Rangers FC our football club, not a commodity for businessmen to plunder. We want our Rangers back!"

McCoist said: "The fans are absolutely right. If anybody deserves their club back, it's the fans.

"The support has been absolutely phenomenal, just when the club has needed them most. It is their club.

"Once one or two individuals start thinking it's all about them, it's not. Far from it.

"The club belongs to thousands and thousands of supporters and they are absolutely right.

"They need to get their club back and we need to get our club back."

He added: "I know for a fact that there are people here who have the club's best interests at heart.

"Their only desire is to make the club better and progress and move forward.

"We've got a fantastic staff and workforce.

"And, when we do get things right at the top, I know for a fact that the staff and the workforce will continue to do their jobs, which they have done brilliantly."

David Templeton netted a double and Ian Black and Robbie Crawford were also on the scoresheet, with Paul Quinn grabbing a brace for the Shire, who put up a decent fight in what was Rangers' last away match in the Irn-Bru Third Division.

"I wouldn't say I'm glad to see the back of these games," said McCoist, when posed the question about their visits to less salubrious surroundings this term.

"The whole thing has been a massive rollercoaster journey, which we knew it would be. It's been a great experience.

"It's been a lot tougher than a lot of people thought it would be but it wasn't a lot tougher than we thought it would be.

"The away journeys have been fantastic, they have been a great adventure and it's been a real learning curve for everybody within the club."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's Mr rent a quote these days . As a player Ally epitomised Rangers but as an underperforming manager I can't bear to listen to him

So is it mr rent a quotes assessment of todays game your unhappy with ? Or his views on how he sees things behind the scenes ?

can you point out wherehe urges anyone to sell to anyone please?

Lot of quotes there, but none match the headline :lol:

Ally said Charles and Ibrar should sell their Rangers shares to people who share the same vision as the fans

Does he mean him and walter?

OMG hope not

9/1/1 coming up for division 2

Personally Ally I would rather we got things right on the pitch.

Hmmmmm. Trust the views of anonymous posters on an online forum to come up with the best way of taking Rangers forward or trust a club legend who has single-handedly carried the club for the past year? It's a tough one. He is still saying all the right things - the club is the thousands of fans, not one or two people. There have been many times in the past year when Alistair's quotes were the ONLY thing I could believe. Just my opinion.

Hmmmmm. Trust the views of anonymous posters on an online forum to come up with the best way of taking Rangers forward or trust a club legend who has single-handedly carried the club for the past year? It's a tough one. He is still saying all the right things - the club is the thousands of fans, not one or two people. There have been many times in the past year when Alistair's quotes were the ONLY thing I could believe. Just my opinion.

Only wondering about the headline mate. Everything else was fine.

So is it mr rent a quotes assessment of todays game your unhappy with ? Or his views on how he sees things behind the scenes ?

I'm generally unhappy that he as the second highest budget in Scottish football and the best training facilities yet plays the most turgid fuckin football ever.

And behind the scenes I think he has his own agenda with Walter and possibly trying to bring back Martin Bain and all the brown brogue leeches . Also , he is now saying bomber was right about green so why didn't he say that pre season ? possibly cos he wanted high season sales which would benefit him as a shareholder ?

Would you rather posters had no opinions as if that happened the forum would be kinda defunct.

We need the club to run like a business not overspending this last year should have at least taught us that.

I was raging reading that headline but tbf to Ally he doesnt say that at all, still would be better if he just said 'i only want to talk about the match' after all these questions designed to make him say something that they can twist like the headline shows. Dont give them anything Ally.