A Rangers Membership Scheme

I think whatever we do we have to get to a stage where we aren't reliant on raising ticket prices and relying on fans buying tickets....the bayern presidents statement really does illustrate how fans should be treated....a membership scheme could work and in time offer some stability and input from real fans....the problem as has been said is getting it off the ground and barring a euromillions win for one of us I can't see it happening unfortunatly!

I like the idea of a membership scheme, but the benefits ur suggesting are way over the top IMO.

The cost if sending out a match day program and monthly magazine is probably more than would be raised

The benefits section is a replication of Bayern Munich's scheme.

They don't make a massive profit from their membership scheme (No club does) but it involves the fans much more with the club and how it is run.

80000 members ?

We can't even get 40000 to sign a free petition nevermind part with £50

But as I said we have over 100,000 people on our database who have a unique rangers number and have been to at least one game in the last 2 years.

We also have lots of overseas fans who cant go to games, but would like to have a say in how the club is run.

Successful membership schemes in Europe have over 200,000 members (Benfica for example).

The petition is a stupid comparison. After a few years 80,000 members would be a realistic target.

But as I said we have over 100,000 people on our database who have a unique rangers number and have been to at least one game in the last 2 years.

We also have lots of overseas fans who cant go to games, but would like to have a say in how the club is run.

Successful membership schemes in Europe have over 200,000 members (Benfica for example).

The petition is a stupid comparison. After a few years 80,000 members would be a realistic target.

It sounds good mate but in today's climate with money tight, I just can't see anywhere near the figure you are quoting

They would need to throw in free RTV for fans abroad etc to get more people

What are people opinions on the viability of such a scheme?

Say for arguments sake a rich businessman bought up 51% of the shares in RIFC Plc and gifted them to the fans.

Basing it on Bayern Munich's scheme (They have around 130,000 member):

Annual Cost:

Adult- £50

OAP/U18's - £25

18-25 year old's - £35

Benefits:

Match-day programme posted out before each home game

Rangers Monthly magazine posted out each month

Ability to buy a ST

Plastic membership card with photo

10% off match tickets

Get to vote in half of the board of RIFC Plc (Don't know if its voted annually or every 2 years)

Priority to buy match tickets before public sale

Can join the away ticket scheme (Possibly could be added in)

Personally I think we could get up to 80,000 members pretty quickly, would also give the fans a massive say in how the club is run, and would involve the fans more via the programmes and magazine. Only problem is acquiring 51% of the club in the first place.

Anyone think this couldn't work in Scotland? Why not?

£50 wouldn't cover the cost of 20 programmes and 12 magazines and that is just the adult price you suggest.

Id be happy and like the concept however the geries make a fortune in tv revenue and european revenue. Our costs are high yet income quite low compared to bayern etc

(tu)

I agree.

But I don't see how our income would go down. It would at least stay the same, it would just be the fans who owned the club collectively rather than the Zeus consortium, Dave King, the Easdales, Whyte, Murray etc.

Murray never put a penny into Rangers that he never got back out, Whyte took out more than he put in. We don't need a big businessman owning us.

I would want a few extra perks not just a mag and i personally like to get the programme at the game and look at it before kick off.

I'm not saying those would be the exact perks we would have.

That's just how Bayern Operate theirs. It was more an example of how these membership scheme aren't there to make the club money, as some people seem to think (i.e. the people who suggest we should charge have a membership scheme that charges £500 a year and expect 20,000 people to join up, as a money making scheme :ohmy:)

I'm not saying those would be the exact perks we would have.

That's just how Bayern Operate theirs. It was more an example of how these membership scheme aren't there to make the club money, as some people seem to think (i.e. the people who suggest we should charge have a membership scheme that charges £500 a year and expect 20,000 people to join up, as a money making scheme :ohmy:)

Here's a link to the Bayern's membership http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/company/club/membership/index.php