SPL debt (reconstruction)

scarkev

This talk of SPL debt is a red herring. As far as I am aware the 12m figure quoted relates to the accumulated debt of the SPL clubs not of the SPL.

In regards the 3m payment to the SFL and the payment to the SFL for our TV rights, I wonder how amalgamating the league will affect that.

I would bet that's the first thing they will stop

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet that's the first thing they will stop

If all the clubs in the SFL below Div 1 are getting the same money and Dive 1 clubs are getting more then the payments due to the SFL will continue.

This is presuming that the SFL paid out all the money they took in from the SPL to the clubs.

it'd be an idea for bears to pose this question in as many online forums as possible - what about the SPL's £11m debt is liability for that going to be shared by all 42 clubs?

i've just posted it on the BBC Sports website. if it gets out there enough some journo might think of asking the question of those who know the answer

Haha. Journo's asking serious probing questions. Mental idea. Will never catch on.

Haha. Journo's asking serious probing questions. Mental idea. Will never catch on.

TBF last time Doncaster appeared on Sportsound, English and Britney asked the right questions. You can, however, bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink!