Novo: Gers' pain is big news with Barca pals.

The Ibrox idol has watched his former club get dragged through the mire in recent years from his home in Spain, where he is currently playing for Segunda Division side Huesca.

Rangers' financial collapse and journey in the Irn-Bru Third Division has made headlines across the world – and Novo has kept World Cup winners David Villa and Cesc Fabregas up to date with developments.

He said: "Living in Spain, with Rangers playing in the Third Division and still getting 45,000 people at most of their games, people ask me about them all the time.

"It has been a massive story in football and it is one a lot of fans of the game have shown an interest in.

"The situation at Ibrox has been all over the news in Spain because it is so different to anything people have known before.

"They are such a big club and a lot of people can't believe how they have been treated by some people.

"The last time I spoke with David Villa he was asking me about how things were going at Rangers and what was happening. We talked about it and it's something that a lot of people here know about because Rangers are such a big club.

"I get on well with him and sometimes I speak with Cesc Fabregas as well.

"It's natural we will talk about Rangers because I was there for so long and they were both very interested.

"I have always been saying that with the support we have and with the huge backing we get, I am sure we will come out of it all well."

Novo was back in Glasgow this week to star for a Rangers Legends side in a charity clash against Manchester United and is keen to speak to boss Ally McCoist regarding a move this summer.

He is still held in high regard by the Light Blue legions and admits he feels sorry for the fans after two years of hell.

"It has been quite difficult to follow and I've made sure I've found out what has been going on," Novo told Rangers' Matchday Magazine.

"People have been good at keeping me informed about everything at Ibrox.

"It has been a hard situation for everyone and I'm still close to Neil Alexander, so I've been able to understand things.

"This is a massive club and I think the fans deserve more than what they have had to go through at times in the last year.

"They have suffered a lot and they deserve a lot more good things happening to them in the future."

NACHO NOVO has revealed how Rangers' fight for survival has captivated the superstars of Barcelona.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/novo-gers-pain-is-big-news-with-barca-pals-123656n.21019680

Ally wid just huv tae sit doon wae him, look pal we luved yer first time here the support thought ye were brilliant, but your time was up, we still luv ye but if you come back for a second bite who knows what will happen. Dae ye want tae spoil yer legacy.

Nice 1 Nacho, there's a 8k week contract, the daft blue noses will lap you up. I feel really bad for puting this out but does anybody agree or I'm taking the abuse, no problem.

Well you did ask for it.Wee Nacho is a one off he is a Spaniard who loves our club.When he kisses our badge he means it,so im afraid i think you are out of order.