A Call For Unity Between Fans

Buzz

A call for unity between the various fans forums  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the owners and operators of this forum to develop a more healthy relationship with the other forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is unnecessary

How do you suggest we 'civilise the relationship?' Are we to ban any negative mention of FF? To be honest, I don't really see much of that anyway. I wouldn't say there's none, but not enough to concern anyone. Are FF to ban any negative mention of FF?

Or is what you're getting at that we should ban any negative mention of the RST? Remember, FF and the RST are completely separate, or so we are repeatedly told. We will continue to allow both positive and negative comment on the RST. They are a supporters organisation with the aim of owning the club, and are therefore wide open to comment and criticism.

I saw as much personal abuse from Chris Graham yesterday as I saw from anyone.

Great points.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The op is right about one thing....we desperately need to try and unify our fan base for the good of the club, especially at this time with the constant negative portrayal in the media and every alledged mole or leaked document driving a wedge between the fans which suits alot of people....we are losing a pr battle at the moment and the fractured nature of our support is perpetuating that!

The problem is there are far too many agendas at work and self serving individuals wanting a piece of the pie for unity to be anything more than a pipe dream....the animosity towards the RST is very evident on here and as long as we are arguing amongst ourselves getting a concencous will not happen....fan representation on the board in theory is a good thing but how is that person chosen? There would need to be some sort of election like they have for president at Real Madrid etc and even then many will argue whoever is chosen doesn't represent them...

It's a sad situation and the closest we have been to unity last summer should have been harnessed and bridges should have been built then....I just can't see it happening but agree it would be beneficial!

The op is right about one thing....we desperately need to try and unify our fan base for the good of the club, especially at this time with the constant negative portrayal in the media and every alledged mole or leaked document driving a wedge between the fans which suits alot of people....we are losing a pr battle at the moment and the fractured nature of our support is perpetuating that!

The problem is there are far too many agendas at work and self serving individuals wanting a piece of the pie for unity to be anything more than a pipe dream....the animosity towards the RST is very evident on here and as long as we are arguing amongst ourselves getting a concencous will not happen....fan representation on the board in theory is a good thing but how is that person chosen? There would need to be some sort of election like they have for president at Real Madrid etc and even then many will argue whoever is chosen doesn't represent them...

It's a sad situation and the closest we have been to unity last summer should have been harnessed and bridges should have been built then....I just can't see it happening but agree it would be beneficial!

The animosity from the RST towards non-members is even more apparent.

'Join us. What do you mean, "no"? You bunch of wankers.'

It's the most bizarre recruitment tactic I've ever seen.

I think this is an undoubted strength of RM and I accept that RM pushes no party line.

I was a bit surprised, though, that you chopped the Gail Force thread last night then locked another thread referring to it. There was no excessive abuse in that thread, just a bit of gentle piss-taking.

I suspect you canned the thread to spare the blushes of a known Rangers figure and RM user who had lost his temper.

Understandable if that was your motivation but you're straying dangerously into FF territory with that type of moderation.

The Bears' Den has to be kept tidy.

The gail force thread was so far off topic, I couldn't justify keeping it open, not to mention the petty arguments within.

Thanks for your feedback though (tu)

The gail force thread was so far off topic, I couldn't justify keeping it open, not to mention the petty arguments within.

I think when Fury reads his contribution in the cold light of day he may be slightly embarassed.

Did you lock it to save him from himself?

Nope. Stay on topic!

OK. I would welcome better relations across the support. In order for it to happen, there will need to be significant movement from each section. I would have to add particularly from the FF/RST wing, who appear smug, all-knowing and far too prickly when questioned.

I know in response they'll say they've been threatened, elements of the support are too extreme, etc. To that I would reply we are a broad church. Either you want to represent the whole support or you want to be a minority clique. You can't say, "We're the voice of the fans but if you don't agree with us unquestioningly, you can fuck off because we're right and you're wankers."

Make your mind up time, RST guys. What is it you want to be?

As our club stumbles from one bitter spat to another it would be wonderfull if as supporters we shoeed them how to behave like Rangers men by ending petty arguments and namecalling, however i wont hold my breath as it seems that as usual we turn on ourselves rather than those who are loving every second of this and no doubt already planning the next move to incapacitate and

humiliate Rangers

As our club stumbles from one bitter spat to another it would be wonderfull if as supporters we showed them how to behave like Rangers men by ending petty arguments and namecalling, however i wont hold my breath as it seems that as usual we turn on ourselves rather than those who are loving every second of this and no doubt already planning the next move to incapacitate and

humiliate Rangers

You have to look at why people have a problem with the Trust, and for most folk, it's petty shite like "I got banned from FF for calling a fellow poster a mong" and other complete rubbish like that.

There's having a well founded opinion that's against the Trust, and there's petty shit like that. I personally don't like the way the Trust has gone, and that's why I intend to change it from within. The democratic way.

Lot of shite IMO.

Most people on here, only have a problem with the trust because of one man and one man alone.

If he was not involved in any way, shape, or form, then we could probably move a long way along the road you are trying to get us to travel.

Lot of shite IMO.

Most people on here, only have a problem with the trust because of one man and one man alone.

If he was not involved in any way, shape, or form, then we could probably move a long way along the road you are trying to get us to travel.

I'm afraid it's very difficult to argue with this. Fairly or unfairly, Mark Dingwall is a figure who represents division, not unity.

I think this is an undoubted strength of RM and I accept that RM pushes no party line.

I was a bit surprised, though, that you chopped the Gail Force thread last night then locked another thread referring to it. There was no excessive abuse in that thread, just a bit of gentle piss-taking.

I suspect you canned the thread to spare the blushes of a known Rangers figure and RM user who had lost his temper.

Understandable if that was your motivation but you're straying dangerously into FF territory with that type of moderation.

I was just annoyed I didn't get the chance to read that thread :P It dissapeared after i read page 1 :(

You could have easily moved it to OT rather than chopping it completely.

I do not like the idea that threads are getting chopped for no real valid reason mate.

I'm afraid it's very difficult to argue with this. Fairly or unfairly, Mark Dingwall is a figure who represents division, not unity.

you mean we finally AGREE on something?

Well I never

Look at the unity we are getting ITT.

You could have easily moved it to OT rather than chopping it completely.

I do not like the idea that threads are getting chopped for no real valid reason mate.

...In your opinion.

Threads are only locked for valid reasons. Keep the discussion about supporter unity please.