Barcelona Roll Call - Where were you on this day in 1972

I just remember my dad and uncles having a party, that happened quite a lot tbf!!

Was a common thing for me in those days too. My dad or uncle or both would take me to the games but they'd always end up in the pub or at a party later.

Left the Masonic Hall in Baillieston at 1am on the Tuesday morning. Bevvied of course and got the bus from Shettleston to Prestwick. £35 for the flight in a turbo prop - one night (supposed to be 2) in the Samba Hotel in Llloret de Mar and match tickets. Spent a drunken day and night in Llloret on the Tuesday, Travelled to Barcelona on match day. 20p or so for large Bacardi & coke in bars.............. On the pitch at the end of the game, battered by Spanish polis. Airport was a nightmare after the game. Got home Thursday evening, Saw the team with the cup at Prestwick arrivals. Lashing with rain.

Unforgetable :thumbup:

Was at the match,stayed in Santa Susana at the hotel Pinsmar, you had to cross a railway track to get from hotel to the beach. Had a great 4 days Peter Mcloys mum and dad were in our hotel, lovely couple see where the Girvan lighthouse got his height from. Travelled up just for the game absolutely brilliant night apart from the thugs in uniforms. Had a great time when we got back to the resort ,although it was probably stupid going for a swim at 5 in the morning before we went to bed. never thought for a moment it would be 36 years before we got to another european final.

At the game (11yrs old) with my brother, dad and Granddad, my brother got sun stroke and was sick as a dog during the game. Always remember the police that night they were more like an army on manoeuvres hell bent on confrontation.

The last 10/15 minutes were torture, can remember countless we mini pitch invasions, even my Granddad was up for it, and he was in his 70’s

PS flew out from Prestwick Airport, anyone remember why?

Left the Masonic Hall in Baillieston at 1am on the Tuesday morning. Bevvied of course and got the bus from Shettleston to Prestwick. £35 for the flight in a turbo prop - one night (supposed to be 2) in the Samba Hotel in Llloret de Mar and match tickets. Spent a drunken day and night in Llloret on the Tuesday, Travelled to Barcelona on match day. 20p or so for large Bacardi & coke in bars.............. On the pitch at the end of the game, battered by Spanish polis. Airport was a nightmare after the game. Got home Thursday evening, Saw the team with the cup at Prestwick arrivals. Lashing with rain.

Unforgetable :thumbup:

Happy days brother happy days.SMIB.

sat in the house dad wasnt allowed to go so me ma sister brother and my lovely mum got a new coloured tv for it.dad was singing all the songs me and john joined in we new the words.if i had 1 son id have another ten and we will all gro up 2 be orange loyal men if the popes sayed no we will have another go on the banks of the boyne in morning.but any way the tele was great but it was in black and white fae spain but havin saying that rangers is my and your team .church tomorrow abbey paisley 11am nice to see you

I think Glasgow airport was having major work done at that time. even the team used Prestwick.

Unlikely. Glasgow airport (or Abbotsinch as it was called then) was only opened in about 1966. The sheer number of flights to Spain for the game meant Prestwick took a large number of them.

Happy days brother happy days.SMIB.

I remember when we got home i phoned the wife from the airport and said do you want the good news or the bad news.She said just get on with it.Well i have lost all my luggage but the good news is i still have my duty free. :000000082: :000000082: :000000082: