*** RM Sponsors’ Fund - The Official ‘Let’s Spend The Money’ Discussion Thread

govanblue

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I add a suggestion? It was in the mega store over a year ago when I saw this item, it was quite a large, thick, exquisite looking leather book in one of the glass display cabinets containing old newspaper clippings, think it cost between £50-£100, now I would have bought it there and then, if I could have, but getting it past the Mrs(plus it was match day) would have been near on impossible.

After going on and on and on at her about this elegant piece of Rangers history and just why I should own said piece, she decided to try and purchase it for me as a surprise, but low an behold, when she went to buy it it was no longer there and I got sod all.

There are a couple of different books available on the net but nothing as good looking as the one I saw in the mega store that day, If you could get your hands on the book I saw in the mega store to raffle off, that would be an absolutely fantastic prize for someone to win.

Donate it to the Rangers Disabled Supporters Club?

Hi FS,

This particular fund is ringfenced to be spent solely on Rangers Football Club products, services and merchandise - the money was donated on that understanding, and we have to stick to that..

But don't worry, RangersMedia currently donate around £5000 per year to our favourite charities. Badger will no doubt be launching another thread soon asking us which charities we want to donate to and you can suggest the Rangers Disabled Supporters Club then (tu).

rangersmedia-1356549534-U344.jpg

utf-8BVkFTMTA0NTYuanBn.jpg

May I add a suggestion? It was in the mega store over a year ago when I saw this item, it was quite a large, thick, exquisite looking leather book in one of the glass display cabinets containing old newspaper clippings, think it cost between £50-£100, now I would have bought it there and then, if I could have, but getting it past the Mrs(plus it was match day) would have been near on impossible.

After going on and on and on at her about this elegant piece of Rangers history and just why I should own said piece, she decided to try and purchase it for me as a surprise, but low an behold, when she went to buy it it was no longer there and I got sod all.

There are a couple of different books available on the net but nothing as good looking as the one I saw in the mega store that day, If you could get your hands on the book I saw in the mega store to raffle off, that would be an absolutely fantastic prize for someone to win.

That sounds awesome Bap!

Next time I'm in the Megastore, I'll have a look at the display cases and see if there's something similar there.

If anyone else is in the Megastore, and they see something that catches their eye, please take a photo and post it here, or pass it on to me (tu)

How about a visit to Yorkhill again with an amount of small gifts to little ill Gers fans with a promise of a ticket for them and their parents at a home game when they are well enough?

I know GB did this last year with young Ant and maybe could become a regular thing with a bit of press coverage. Good PR for Rangers & RangersMedia?

Edit.....And a box of goodies for non Gers fans.

There's some stuff here:

http://www.rangers.c...ing-our-history

Some great items there. Expensive but real collectors items. (tu)

Most of those items are out of our league :(

But I did already have my eye on the framed "140 years" and "Ibrox by night" prints - they are both in our price range, and are stunning!

How about a visit to Yorkhill again with an amount of small gifts to little ill Gers fans with a promise of a ticket for them and their parents at a home game when they are well enough?

I know GB did this last year with young Ant and maybe could become a regular thing with a bit of press coverage. Good PR for Rangers & RangersMedia?

Edit.....And a box of goodies for non Gers fans.

Good idea.

At the very least, we could probably manage a sack of Rangers Selection Boxes this Christmas?

Erskine Veterans:

Rangers Hospitality have confirmed that with money spent in the Argyle Restaurant: "By prior arrangement, a percentage of the restaurant income comes back to Rangers FC"

The pensioners' menu is £6.50 for 2 courses, £8.00 for 3 courses.

The stadium tour is £5.50 for pensioners.

So assuming that we could wangle the same price for an Erskine Carer to accompany them:

4 veterans plus 1 carer - tour and 3 course meal - total cost: £67.50

I would hazard a guess that if the Fund members decided that the lunch (but not the tour) was in breach of the Fund's remit, then in that case, a few members (myself included) would probably step up and chip in for the lunch cost themselves (tu)

Over to you...

Erskine Veterans:

Rangers Hospitality have confirmed that with money spent in the Argyle Restaurant: "By prior arrangement, a percentage of the restaurant income comes back to Rangers FC"

The pensioners' menu is £6.50 for 2 courses, £8.00 for 3 courses.

The stadium tour is £5.50 for pensioners.

So assuming that we could wangle the same price for an Erskine Carer to accompany them:

4 veterans plus 1 carer - tour and 3 course meal - total cost: £67.50

I would hazard a guess that if the Fund members decided that the lunch (but not the tour) was in breach of the Fund's remit, then in that case, a few members (myself included) would probably step up and chip in for the lunch cost themselves (tu)

Over to you...

GB, it probably is outside the fund remit so I'll split the costs for the meal with you for them if you like?

That bloody Live Aid need to stop sending money to Africa, you lot are sending it back now :7325:

:lol:

Post of the Day Ed :thumbup:

But also own goal of the day...

Since 'Sir Bob' no longer needs your tenner, there's nothing stopping you donating it to the fund (tu)

GB, it probably is outside the fund remit so I'll split the costs for the meal with you for them if you like?

Cheers NB.

I'm pretty sure there's a few other members who would do the same - so it would probably only come to a couple of quid each (tu)

Would totally support any of the suggestions to do with taking vets to Ibrox. But....

One of the things that has really brought a smile to my face on match day, has been the number of kids being brought along, probably for the first time. I felt compelled this year to get season tickets for my daughters (even though they showed no interest in footie), because they are the future, and wanted to make sure I contributed to the Rangers support of the future. I assume with the number of kids being taken, I am not alone.

So what am I rambling on about - well would there be a way of giving tickets to kids who would not otherwise go to a game? Would it be 'politically correct' these days to give tickets to the closest childrens home to Ibrox?

Would totally support any of the suggestions to do with taking vets to Ibrox. But....

One of the things that has really brought a smile to my face on match day, has been the number of kids being brought along, probably for the first time. I felt compelled this year to get season tickets for my daughters (even though they showed no interest in footie), because they are the future, and wanted to make sure I contributed to the Rangers support of the future. I assume with the number of kids being taken, I am not alone.

So what am I rambling on about - well would there be a way of giving tickets to kids who would not otherwise go to a game? Would it be 'politically correct' these days to give tickets to the closest childrens home to Ibrox?

I had looked at this a while back. I tried a google search on "children's homes in Glasgow" - but that just pointed me to Clyde Furniture in Paisley Road :D

It's possible, but it also fraught with dangers and difficulties, which I won't go into in detail

but one main one is the "Gibson Street scenario" - I don't know if the Sponsors' Fund would really want to get into a media battle with a biased or bigoted malcontent in a social work department.

Add me to that one.

Tours and lunch for veterans is what our Club is all about.

Like the idea of raffling tickets for the POTY Awards dinner too

I think the Erskine will prove to be a winner.

POTY tickets cost £67.50 each (we get a 10% discount), so raffling a pair at £2 a ticket, it shouldn't be too hard to break even on them. Then we have that £135 to spend again (tu)