*** RM Sponsors’ Fund - The Official ‘Let’s Spend The Money’ Discussion Thread

govanblue

How about the Founders Trail which includes the stadium tour for kids (to educate and encourage) and Erskine vets.

http://www.thegallan...-Tour-2013.html

Unfortunately, the Founders' Trail, though fully endorsed and promoted by Rangers, is a private enterprise, and the Fund can only spend its money directly on Rangers FC.

You may have heard me on RangersChat the other night, trying to find out if The Gallant Pioneers had any merchandise on sale in the Megastore - that was me trying to find a way to support them using the Fund - but unfortunately, I couldn't think of a way that didn't break the Fund's spending policy.

I'm a big fan of The Gallant Pioneers, and I'm sure most of the Fund Members are too (and they donated 2 tour tickets to the Fund raffle (tu) ). So if anyone can think of a way we can support them, without breaking our spending rules, I'd be all ears.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the Founders Trail which includes the stadium tour for kids (to educate and encourage) and Erskine vets.

http://www.thegallan...-Tour-2013.html

Also, I'm not sure how kids find it, but from what I've read, I'd guess that it's a bit too strenuous a day out for most elderly folk.

A Christmas treat for the Erskine Vets. Could tie in with the great idea of lunch at Ibrox or something more simpler like selection boxes or sweeties from Rangers shop.

Just thinking with it being that time of year etc.

A Christmas treat for the Erskine Vets. Could tie in with the great idea of lunch at Ibrox or something more simpler like selection boxes or sweeties from Rangers shop.

Just thinking with it being that time of year etc.

Sweeties would be simple and effective - who could say no to a tin of Rangers Humbugs at Christmas?

Regarding lunches, the money doesn't all go to Rangers, so we are limited in what we can do there. But to circumvent that, there's a chance that a new 'sub-fund' may be born, called something like "Erskine Vets - Lunch-money whip-round" and anyone who wants to contribute to buying the vets lunch after their Ibrox tour can just chip in £2 and that way the Fund's spending policy isn't broken.)

Sweeties would be simple and effective - who could say no to a tin of Rangers Humbugs at Christmas?

Regarding lunches, the money doesn't all go to Rangers, so we are limited in what we can do there. But to circumvent that, there's a chance that a new 'sub-fund' may be born, called something like "Erskine Vets - Lunch-money whip-round" and anyone who wants to contribute to buying the vets lunch after their Ibrox tour can just chip in £2 and that way the Fund's spending policy isn't broken.)

Sounds good with sub club. Keep us informed on what's happening with it.

Your doin a fine job there GB . Thanks.

Bump.

Another thing we need to discuss is "who do we sponsor next season"

Because when Rangers offer us our choices, we won't have time to discuss it, we'll need to have one agreed already.

Any player under 22 in the first team, any of the new guys.

What about the other teams (ladies/juniors etc)?

I would have liked wallace, templeton or mcleod but i assume last seasons sponsors get 1st option on renewing so i'm quite happy to go with the majority. it would be good to get a player that we think will be playing most weeks to see RM getting more of a mention when the team is read out.

i don't have any amazing ideas what to spend the money on - as long as it goes to the club in one way or another i'm happy.

when we will we find out who we can sponser?

We won't really - by the time they get the squad list and work out who's available, who's already claimed etc, it will be too late for us to then run a poll and get the answer to them - the best players will all have gone by then

So my suggestion is that quite soon, we run a poll and get our top 3 preferences - we then give that to Rangers as early as possible and beg them to do the best they can for us.