A Serious Question

HTSTelfer

Hi All,

This is my first post, I joined the forum specifically to ask this question. First of all, I'm a Chelsea/Rangers fan. I always make a point of watching Rangers on RTV but I suppose I can't call myself a true Rangers fan (I've only made it to about 20 games overall the last one was a 0-0 v Barca at Ibrox)

I have followed the troubles the club has been in through the newspapers and I honestly cant make head nor tail of it. There are so many different accounts and takes on it all (most of which seems to be utter rubbish)

As I understand it:

1) The club were placed into administration

2) Potential buyers were put off due to large amounts of money owed.

3) HMRC rejected an offer of a settlement.

4) Mr Green purchased the club assets and transferred the assets to a new company which now owns the old club continuing the history.

5) The club were not voted back into the SPL and got a place in SFL3

6) The club were forced to accept a transfer embargo in order to get a licence to play (not sure on this one just what i've heard)

7) The club were later found to have not broken rules regarding EBT's in court (meaning they didn't owe all that PAYE in the first place?)

My question is, and sorry for the language, What the fuck have Rangers done wrong? If this HMRC court case had gone ahead earlier would Rangers have come out of administration with another buyer saving the need for the transfer of assets?

I know you guys are probably sick of talking about this now but i just cant get my head around it? As I have said, I don't know much of the story and i can't seem to find a trustworthy source to explain it. Some of the reporting is ridiculously one sided. From my point of view (and i admit again, i am ill informed) Rangers seem to have been tried and convicted before any trial?

Can anyone point me to a source that explains a timeline of everything that has happened or better still, post a reply and correct any mistakes i have made above.

Cheers guys and keep up the good work, unbelievable support.

Oh that's only bits of our punishment mate.

We got Ten point deduction.

Loss of SPL Runners up cash

£50,000 FINE.

And sent to the 3rd Div along with 3 year Ban in Europe for said imaginary debt insolvency event.

We where set up Hook line, and sinker mate.

And got next to hardly any transfer Money for those players who betrayed us.

Hi All,

This is my first post, I joined the forum specifically to ask this question. First of all, I'm a Chelsea/Rangers fan. I always make a point of watching Rangers on RTV but I suppose I can't call myself a true Rangers fan (I've only made it to about 20 games overall the last one was a 0-0 v Barca at Ibrox)

You sound like a True Rangers Fan to me mate. :21:

£50,000 FINE.

And sent to the 3rd Div along with 3 year Ban in Europe for said imaginary debt insolvency event.

Have Dunfermline been fined £50k for entering administration yet?

Ok, had a read through the bulk of the D'Artagnan blog as suggested. Things I have learned:

First of all. Ally McCoist is a hero! (O.K. so I already knew that) but, as a man what he has put himself through for the club surely affords him the time to turn supporter opinion around. I hope one day his ability in the dugout can match his class off it. Absolute Legend.

2)

I hadn't heard of Mr Jim Spence until this morning but I am already confident enough to make the following statement. Jim Spence is a bellend. Just the kind of one sided reporting I was talking about in my original post. His "impartial" journalism seems to be driven by a dislike of Rangers.

Example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jimspence/2010/11/dundee_punishment_is_misguided.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jimspence/2012/04/spl_fair_play_proposals_provok.html

3)

Fans in Scotland seem to hate Rangers more than they care about their own club. "A Daily Record Poll which showed that more than half (55%) would rather see their own club die than allow Rangers back into the SPL." Hahaha... Unbelievable.

4)

The supposedly impartial authorities seem hell bent on punishing the club rather than the individuals who are responsible. The club and fans seem to have done nothing wrong. Administration caused by an individual choosing not to pay tax and a new company formed because of a failure to reach an agreement for a non existent debt.

5)

The BBC... I just don't know what to say. Owing to recent events this broadcaster just has NO credibility left.

6)

The Scottish game is rotten to the core. When are these people running the game going to be held accountable for their mishandling of probably the most important period in Scottish football history?

7) Craig Whyte… pffft! Won’t even waste my energy typing about this criminal.

I'm almost speechless reading through the blog at the level of hatred directed at Rangers from so many angles. I have no doubt that these “fans” will get their comeuppance on the park when Rangers, with their dignity and integrity intact, return to their perch. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Then, now, forever, Rangers!

Ok, had a read through the bulk of the D'Artagnan blog as suggested. Things I have learned:

First of all. Ally McCoist is a hero! (O.K. so I already knew that) but, as a man what he has put himself through for the club surely affords him the time to turn supporter opinion around. I hope one day his ability in the dugout can match his class off it. Absolute Legend.

2)

I hadn't heard of Mr Jim Spence until this morning but I am already confident enough to make the following statement. Jim Spence is a bellend. Just the kind of one sided reporting I was talking about in my original post. His "impartial" journalism seems to be driven by a dislike of Rangers.

Example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jimspence/2010/11/dundee_punishment_is_misguided.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jimspence/2012/04/spl_fair_play_proposals_provok.html

3)

Fans in Scotland seem to hate Rangers more than they care about their own club. "A Daily Record Poll which showed that more than half (55%) would rather see their own club die than allow Rangers back into the SPL." Hahaha... Unbelievable.

4)

The supposedly impartial authorities seem hell bent on punishing the club rather than the individuals who are responsible. The club and fans seem to have done nothing wrong. Administration caused by an individual choosing not to pay tax and a new company formed because of a failure to reach an agreement for a non existent debt.

5)

The BBC... I just don't know what to say. Owing to recent events this broadcaster just has NO credibility left.

6)

The Scottish game is rotten to the core. When are these people running the game going to be held accountable for their mishandling of probably the most important period in Scottish football history?

I'm almost speechless reading through the blog at the level of hatred directed at Rangers from so many angles. I have no doubt that these “fans” will get their comeuppance on the park when Rangers, with their dignity and integrity intact, return to their perch. Good luck and keep up the good work.

(tu) quite a few pieces from D'Artagnan mate , some of it quite shocking from an outside point of view

My question is, and sorry for the language, What the fuck have Rangers done wrong?

I'd love to hear the SFA give us an answer to this question. As far as I could see all we did wrong was not pay PAYE, which was CWs doing, and the SFA had a responsibility to check him out before he bought the club.

Even if he passed the proper persons check, how can a club worth millions and millions of pounds, who's fans raised millions within months, and made £20 million in its first share issue, be closed down for a bill of £9 Million?

£50,000 FINE.

No, we're out of Europe because we newco'd and have yet to have three years accounts.

2)

Example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk..._misguided.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk...als_provok.html

3)

4)

5)

6)

All pretty much spot on, mate (tu)

:shifty:

All new members get the shifty eyes. The only way to get rid of them is by joining the Sponsors' Fund. Hopefully see you there once you get up to speed. :thumbup:

Can I donate and keep the shifty eyes? I quite like them. So what do i do mate just use the donate button in your post and donate a tenner?