Gregg Wylde - success story............not

I'd take him back. Was decent enough, left sided, provided width and had frightening pace. All qualities we lack at the moment.

Also, certainly don't lump him in with McGregor, Naismith etc. completely different situation.

He couldn't cross a ball if his life depended on it! So what was decent about him?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did nothing wrong, he was upfront about it, please don't put him in the same category as McGregor, Lafferty, Naismith etc.

So he offers to leave, giving up his income and lifestyle, just to "save the jobs of the cooks, cleaners etc" then ,within days, miraculously stumbles into a contract with an EPL club that had tried to buy him six months earlier.

You really think he was upfront about it?

He may not quite be in the same category as the others but he still used our misfortune to line his own pockets and look how that worked out for him with the mighty sheep vying to sign him.

The same guy who left to save other people's jobs? Aye. Fuck off. Pathetic attitude towards one of the few men who left during admin who deserves our respect.

Left to save other peoples jobs?

Sure he did.

While I'm on can I interest you in an investment opportunity in a fund being set up to win the Nigerian State Lottery.

Guaranteed winners every week.

All you need to send is your £100 registration fee and your bank details.

I'd take him back. Was decent enough, left sided, provided width and had frightening pace. All qualities we lack at the moment.

Also, certainly don't lump him in with McGregor, Naismith etc. completely different situation.

Templeton is far superior.

So he offers to leave, giving up his income and lifestyle, just to "save the jobs of the cooks, cleaners etc" then ,within days, miraculously stumbles into a contract with an EPL club that had tried to buy him six months earlier.

You really think he was upfront about it?

He may not quite be in the same category as the others but he still used our misfortune to line his own pockets and look how that worked out for him with the mighty sheep vying to sign him.

This is exactly what happened.

The decision of Greg Wylde to terminate his contract without pay was one of the biggest factors in us getting through administration without having to sack any non-playing staff.

That's something I'm very proud of, as a fan.

So it had nothing to do with the actual big earners like Davis, Naismith, Whittaker , McGregor etc agreeing a 75% reduction. It was all to do with saving Wyldes massive salary?

So it had nothing to do with the actual big earners like Davis, Naismith, Whittaker , McGregor etc agreeing a 75% reduction. It was all to do with saving Wyldes massive salary?

Did I say it was all due to Wylde?

If you're going to be an arsehole, at least do it well.

Did I say it was all due to Wylde?

If you're going to be an arsehole, at least do it well.

You said it was one of the biggest factors when clearly it was not. Any one of the people listed above easily saved the club way more than Wylde did, not to mention all the others who stayed,taking huge cuts and still playing for the team.

The fact that some later shafted us does not change the fact they saved us a huge amount compared to him

As for the arsehole comments are you offering lessons on how to do it well?

You said it was one of the biggest factors when clearly it was not. Any one of the people listed above easily saved the club way more than Wylde did, not to mention all the others who stayed,taking huge cuts and still playing for the team.

The fact that some later shafted us does not change the fact they saved us a huge amount compared to him

As for the arsehole comments are you offering lessons on how to do it well?

It was one of the biggest factors.

It was an immediate sacing of ~£10k a week. If that saving wasnt made, sackings would have been made instantly to shop staff, ticket office staff, admin staff.

The sacrifice made later by players taking pay cuts was also huge, but in the early stages, Wylde taking a pay cut saved a huge sum of money and protected the jobs of many of our non-playing staff that otherwise would have been lost.

We will just have to agree to disagree

I believe he quit solely to take up an offer to play in the EPL that had already been indicated to his agent who had spent the summer touting him down south

I do not believe he did it to save anyones job

Only my opinion I know but I ain't going to change it anytime soon.

I dont hate Wylde like I do Mcgregor and Paysmith, but he still jumped ship thinking he could go on to bigger and better teams, and now hes back in the shitty SPL and will be playing against us and losing games instead of playing with us and winning trophies, so get it up him, it serves him right for looking for a quick buck and being full of himself.

If he signs for Motherwell or Hearts he will know deep down that he blew it himself. I wouldnt have him back at Rangers.

Who gives a fuck about Gregg Wylde, I'm glad he left if he had stayed we probably would never have signed Temps who is a better all round player. Wylde was fucking turgid, he could run like fuck granted but all he did was boot the baw oot the pitch at the end of it.

We will just have to agree to disagree

I believe he quit solely to take up an offer to play in the EPL that had already been indicated to his agent who had spent the summer touting him down south

I do not believe he did it to save anyones job

Only my opinion I know but I ain't going to change it anytime soon.

This.

My Dad gets annoyed at me because I say Davis is a rhat the same as Paysmith, he says "we got money for Davis in the end so its not the same"

I say aye but we had to fight for that money, Steven Davis didnt give a shit about us getting money, he maybe felt better that we did, but he was going regardless of us getting a fee or not.

Wyldes situation was a little different, but I wouldnt listen to anyone saying we should be grateful to him and that he left to save the club and peoples jobs. He left because of self-interest.

Think folk forget that the lad had just signed a new 5 year deal with us that had put him around the same wage packet as Ness was earning. I can't imagine Bolton would have offered that much more, though he would likely have earned a decent signing on fee.

I don't exactly see what's wrong with someone leaving the club to save jobs.

If he'd moved to a club like in league 1 or 2 would that have made it acceptable? Ultimately the kid has to find himself a new club to play for doesn't he? I've no grudge against Wylde for leaving. In the end his own career has suffered, which is unfortunate for him.

Think folk forget that the lad had just signed a new 5 year deal with us that had put him around the same wage packet as Ness was earning. I can't imagine Bolton would have offered that much more, though he would likely have earned a decent signing on fee.

I don't exactly see what's wrong with someone leaving the club to save jobs.

If he'd moved to a club like in league 1 or 2 would that have made it acceptable? Ultimately the kid has to find himself a new club to play for doesn't he? I've no grudge against Wylde for leaving. In the end his own career has suffered, which is unfortunate for him.

Whatever happened to Ness is he still just injured at a new club.

He was fucking terrible for us in the first place. An absolute woeful player, who's only attribute was pace. He should never have even made out subs bench.

Don't remember anyone saying that when we went on a great attacking run of games to win the league with him in the side. Made a valuable contribution in terms of shape and counter attacking ability.