CRO: The 1930 North American tour

Shane

Pity there wasnt a European Cup in those days!

Was just thinking that. Considering our influence on the game the world at large, there's a good chance we'd have been the premier club not just in Europe but the world over for upwards of two decades.

Was just thinking that. Considering our influence on the game the world at large, there's a good chance we'd have been the premier club not just in Europe but the world over for upwards of two decades.

When you look back at it Shane...Struth MUST be up there as one of the greatest Managers ever.

What a great article. Well done. :clap:

Especially liked this bit

Time was of the essence; extra time in the Cup Final was not! All-Square after 90 minutes meant an additional 30 minutes were required. No goals were scored, and with a replay being impractical as Rangers would be mid-Atlantic, the fate of the Cup would be decided by a toss of a coin. The Celtic captain chose Tails, the Kings Head faced the heavens, and the 'Grand Slam' was won.

What a great article. Well done. :clap:

Especially liked this bit

Time was of the essence; extra time in the Cup Final was not! All-Square after 90 minutes meant an additional 30 minutes were required. No goals were scored, and with a replay being impractical as Rangers would be mid-Atlantic, the fate of the Cup would be decided by a toss of a coin. The Celtic captain chose Tails, the Kings Head faced the heavens, and the 'Grand Slam' was won.

Yep me to; great read, lifted my spirits, what a club, what heritage, we realy are the people.

Enjoyed that article.

Longer version of the video.

Found that footage fasinating.The amount of women that were at the game,as it was rare for them to go to football matches then.Everybody dressed in their Sunday best.I take Ulster united were the local team?The Highland dancer,the Canadian Army pipe band which left me wondering if my Great Grandfather,Donald MacLean,was playing the pipes at it.He was a Pipe Major in the Canadian Army.Many thanks to the poster great feeling looking at this. :7326: :7326:

Found that footage fasinating.The amount of women that were at the game,as it was rare for them to go to football matches then.Everybody dressed in their Sunday best.I take Ulster united were the local team?The Highland dancer,the Canadian Army pipe band which left me wondering if my Great Grandfather,Donald MacLean,was playing the pipes at it.He was a Pipe Major in the Canadian Army.Many thanks to the poster great feeling looking at this. :7326: :7326:

On first viewing I thought the crowd were doing the bouncy...