Jig to miss start of pre-season

Allanger

So I ask again; have you been paid to do work related training? It's impossible to say if he will become a good coach and at what level. I know the story fits your jobs for the boys catchphrase, but Jig is one of our employees and should be encouraged to develop his skills.

Develop his skills on the pitch

Regarding your training question the training will relate to your job. If you want to send him on a training course to take set pieces by all means

No gaffer I know has sent anyone on a training course for a new job altogether

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Develop his skills on the pitch

Regarding your training question the training will relate to your job. If you want to send him on a training course to take set pieces by all means

No gaffer I know has sent anyone on a training course for a new job altogether

If you don't fancy Jig as a coach fair enough, but to stifle his development for the sake of a friendly match is rather short sighted.

If you don't fancy Jig as a coach fair enough, but to stifle his development for the sake of a friendly match is rather short sighted.

It's not short sighted at all IMO

It's just simple if he's being paid the big bucks to play then he should

Do coaching badges in his own time

It's nothing against Jig it's the people at Ibrox that ok it

We can agree to disagree tho

It's not short sighted at all IMO

It's just simple if he's being paid the big bucks to play then he should

Do coaching badges in his own time

It's nothing against Jig it's the people at Ibrox that ok it

We can agree to disagree tho

Exactly. Jig doesn't make the decision, and I think if he were told he wasn't being paid for it he would still go on the course. I'm sure we can both agree on that much.

The club will have agreed with him years ago that he could get time off when needed to do these badges. This happens with any players who are still playing and doing their badges.

It wasn't that long ago people on here were hoping he was injured so he wouldn't be in the team, now people are moaning that he'll miss a pointless game.

Difference between missing the odd training session and missing games

What game is he missing? He's back in training on 1st July and has probably been doing more work this close season than any other player. If he comes back with an insight into other training regimes and/or reports on some young prospects it will be time well spent.

I'd rather he was observing in Turkey than eating chicken in Nandos after a couple of hours training.

What game is he missing? He's back in training on 1st July and has probably been doing more work this close season than any other player. If he comes back with an insight into other training regimes and/or reports on some young prospects it will be time well spent.

I'd rather he was observing in Turkey than eating chicken in Nandos after a couple of hours training.

How could you possibly know this or even assume this.

He is not employed as a coach at Ibrox so whatever he takes from this course is of no benefit to Rangers

He is not employed to discover new coaching regimes and unearth young prospects, That is the job of McCoist, Durrant and McDowall and the rest of the coaching staff.

He is not employed as a coach at Ibrox so whatever he takes from this course is of no benefit to Rangers

He is not employed to discover new coaching regimes and unearth young prospects, That is the job of McCoist, Durrant and McDowall and the rest of the coaching staff.

Probably because he's read articles on rangers.co.uk and/or watches RTV. Jig has given numerous interviews stating his individual training over the summer.

Isn't that the point? He is getting his badges now so that it could be a benefit to Rangers.

Some of you on here are just so negative about everything, all the time.

why? if i go on a course thru my employers i get paid, we dont know if its going to benefit us as a club

He is doing this himself and not through Rangers as far as I am aware.

So If I am a Brickie with the council and I want to do a flower arranging course, Do you think the council would give me day release and pay my wages :ph34r: ?

And you know that the club captain will never in any way communicate with the manager or coaching staff about what he has seen or done on the course. You really have to be living in a very different space to believe this.

I know you probably aren't aware of the training that he does to keep himself fit but if you know anything about him you'll be aware of the work he puts in.

He is doing this himself and not through Rangers as far as I am aware.

So If I am a Brickie with the council and I want to do a flower arranging course, Do you think the council would give me day release and pay my wages :ph34r: ?

maybe hes not getting paid then, do we know for a fact he is?

teams put players thru badges but going to turkey is a bit far away, my work sends me to aberdeen for courses , they also do them in dubai but the buggers wont let me do it over there

Probably because he's read articles on rangers.co.uk and/or watches RTV. Jig has given numerous interviews stating his individual training over the summer.

Isn't that the point? He is getting his badges now so that it could be a benefit to Rangers.

Some of you on here are just so negative about everything, all the time.

The relevant word is highlighted above.

Where is it going to benefit Rangers ? If his mate Ally gives him a job.

All proffesional footballers have a duty to maintain their fitness during the close season and McCulloch is no different. especially since he struggles with his weight and pace as most players do in the twilight of their career.

The relevant word is highlighted above.

Where is it going to benefit Rangers ? If his mate Ally gives him a job.

All proffesional footballers have a duty to maintain their fitness during the close season and McCulloch is no different. especially since he struggles with his weight and pace as most players do in the twilight of their career.

It must hurt being you.

And you know that the club captain will never in any way communicate with the manager or coaching staff about what he has seen or done on the course. You really have to be living in a very different space to believe this.

I know you probably aren't aware of the training that he does to keep himself fit but if you know anything about him you'll be aware of the work he puts in.

The club captain may very well communicate with the manager about what he sees or does on the course,, But you would expect the manager of Rangers to be aware of any training regimes and methods already, He should be up to speed on techniques such as speed, agility and fitness and should not be learning these from a coaching novice.

Lee McCulloch is from my home town and I know his brother well through football and also from his attendance on our RSC.

I am not aware of the details of Lee's training regime and I don't think you are either,

Why would that be ?

Strange statement.

Care to explain.

No, not really.

I have neither the time nor inclination to debate with inherently negative people who no matter what reasoning or salient points raised will change their constant negative outlook.

Good day to you.

The club captain may very well communicate with the manager about what he sees or does on the course,, But you would expect the manager of Rangers to be aware of any training regimes and methods already, He should be up to speed on techniques such as speed, agility and fitness and should not be learning these from a coaching novice.

Lee McCulloch is from my home town and I know his brother well through football and also from his attendance on our RSC.

I am not aware of the details of Lee's training regime and I don't think you are either,

I refer you to my learned friend AlBears earlier post!

So you think Ally spends time studying every possible training method that every country in the footballing world uses? The fact that Lee is doing his Pro licence (the highest coaching award in football) would suggest he will be learning the very latest methods that may not have filtered through to Ally or the coaching staff.

I'm a relative novice in my particular job yet I still manage to bring new insights to my colleagues. Its how these things work.

I think you're digging yourself further in as you seem to try to find more bizarre reasoning to justify the stance you have taken.

No, not really.

I have neither the time nor inclination to debate with inherently negative people who no matter what reasoning or salient points raised will change their constant negative outlook.

Good day to you.

Let me know when you raise a sailent point and I may respond.

you can call it a negative outlook, I will call it realism.

The importance of a good pre-season training should never be underestimated, If you do not get one under your belt and in the bank then you are forever playing catch up. especially at the age of 35.

Now that is a sailent point !

I refer you to my learned friend AlBears earlier post!

So you think Ally spends time studying every possible training method that every country in the footballing world uses? The fact that Lee is doing his Pro licence (the highest coaching award in football) would suggest he will be learning the very latest methods that may not have filtered through to Ally or the coaching staff.

I'm a relative novice in my particular job yet I still manage to bring new insights to my colleagues. Its how these things work.

I think you're digging yourself further in as you seem to try to find more bizarre reasoning to justify the stance you have taken.

OMG !

Ally would already possess his UEFA Pro Licence otherwise he would not be able to manage Rangers Football Club as he did in the SPL. I would assume that Kenny McDowall and Ian Durrant are also in possession of this qualification.

A club the size of Rangers should always be up to speed with every possible new training regimes and methods and should not need feedback from a novice coach who is attending the course.

Why would a club like Rangers rely on 2nd hand information and chinese whispers.

I suggest that you are the one digging the hole and doing a might fine job of it, I might add