9 in a row

Still do not know how we failed to win 10 in a row.

Squad was in need of rebuilding but trying to rebuild after 9 title winning seasons is always difficult to do.

It took losing the tenth for us to rebuild our squad which we did under Advocaat for two successful seasons (tu)

Squad was in need of rebuilding but trying to rebuild after 9 title winning seasons is always difficult to do.

It took losing the tenth for us to rebuild our squad which we did under Advocaat for two successful seasons (tu)

The squad we had was good enough to beat a poor Celtic team.

The squad we had was good enough to beat a poor Celtic team.

We were pushed close the two seasons before, alarm bells should have been ringing but its only human to be a little complacent after 9 successive title winning seasons.

You're right though the Celtic side we finished behind was poor we played them five times that season won 3, drew 1 (last minute equalizer by them) & lost 1.

Dominant over them head to head but far too inconsistent in the league (tu)

We were pushed close the two seasons before, alarm bells should have been ringing but its only human to be a little complacent after 9 successive title winning seasons.

You're right though the Celtic side we finished behind was poor we played them five times that season won 3, drew 1 (last minute equalizer by them) & lost 1.

Dominant over them head to head but far too inconsistent in the league (tu)

When you think that we were unbeaten in our first 8 league games.

When you think that we were unbeaten in our first 8 league games.

We set ourselves up perfectly with back to back victories over Celtic in the league & cup in April but then only won two and lost three of our final five games if you include the Scottish Cup Final

Hate to say but we have only ourselves to blame even Celtic's woeful end of season form (3 wins in their last 7) wasn't enough to save us (tu)

Beating them at Ibrox then losing against Aberdeen the next Week summed up the Season Really.

with the help of a certain Willie young sending Amo off for fuck all .You may remember him , he was the same ref that also cost us extra time in cup final after giving Hearts pen for foul outside the box and denying us a clear one inside the box in the last minute .bastard

with the help of a certain Willie young sending Amo off for fuck all .You may remember him , he was the same ref that also cost us extra time in cup final after giving Hearts pen for foul outside the box and denying us a clear one inside the box in the last minute .bastard

Yep, he did not give Ally a stonewaller at the death of the game.

Back then i would send in my own and a few other away ticket applications from friends who did not travel. I can still remember once i checked all the letters I had every away game in 2nd half of season so knew I would not miss the game if we were going to win our 9th title. Those were very special years

We never replaced Richard gough, and I think that cost us TIAR

amo was meant to be his replacement but he got injured in pre season as did mclaren.

those 2 would have been the first choice CB's i think.

add to that gazza & laudrup not being fit for most of the season & none of the new singings coming off except negri for the first part of the season (gattuso was ok).