What If rst Disbanded

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would just be a crap load of smaller groups each trying to recruit the ex RST members and after a few years a few would still be going with the rest folding then another few years down the line all but 1 or 2 would have folded and we would be back to where we started with a trust only with a diff name and leader but more than likely holding the same opinions as the present 1.

I think the op has been bumped by the RST in the past. The only thing i can think of for his obsession with them.

I think the op has been bumped by the RST in the past. The only thing i can think of for his obsession with them.

You are truly shit at reading a situation bud.

As you are trying to be serious. I expect there will always be a section of fans that want the same goals that the RST do. In answer to the OP, yes, something would rise from the ashes. However, imo, regardless of whoever is running the show, they will encounter the same attitudes that the RST currently face.

I think waiting on the RST to disband is counter productive. They've been going now for 10yrs? when imo they haven't had anything really to do. The time we needed a Fans organisation we could all trust was when the club was up for grabs at the princely sum of 5.5M. I admit I was shocked at the figure at the time - less than fans have pumped into the club in terms of ST's year on year. An opportunity has been missed.

That said, there still remains a chance for us to get onto the Club's board. Why can't fans join and take over the RST in a democratic fashion. Oust who they don't like, empower who they do. It's clear that many do not trust MD. He's had his crack at it in any case and appears to have a negative impact on membership numbers.

Folk can bitch and moan all they want but unless they are prepared to get in the mix and rebuild the Trust from the inside out, they are wasting their breath. The vehicle is there, lets not rip it to pieces and start over. Give it a new lease of life, driver and pit crew. ALL democratically voted.

As you are trying to be serious. I expect there will always be a section of fans that want the same goals that the RST do. In answer to the OP, yes, something would rise from the ashes. However, imo, regardless of whoever is running the show, they will encounter the same attitudes that the RST currently face.

I think waiting on the RST to disband is counter productive. They've been going now for 10yrs? when imo they haven't had anything really to do. The time we needed a Fans organisation we could all trust was when the club was up for grabs at the princely sum of 5.5M. I admit I was shocked at the figure at the time - less than fans have pumped into the club in terms of ST's year on year. An opportunity has been missed.

That said, there still remains a chance for us to get onto the Club's board. Why can't fans join and take over the RST in a democratic fashion. Oust who they don't like, empower who they do. It's clear that many do not trust MD. He's had his crack at it in any case and appears to have a negative impact on membership numbers.

Folk can bitch and moan all they want but unless they are prepared to get in the mix and rebuild the Trust from the inside out, they are wasting their breath. The vehicle is there, lets not rip it to pieces and start over. Give it a new lease of life, driver and pit crew. ALL democratically voted.

See my "question campaign" in the other RST thread. We can get this idea of the ground with the right kind of attitudes.

The £5.5m would not have meant the rst would have taken control of the Club, they would also have to show the business plan and funds to see the running of the club.

Look at the hearts equivalent, they are saying we have pledges over the next three years................smacks of mini murray saying if we reach CL 1/4 final you will get more money at that time.

You have hit the nail squarely on the head, if you are in favour of fans representation then join the Trust and change it from within. If you look at all the RST threads that appear on RM the same six or so posters come on and attack and criticise at every opportunity. These posters are against the very notion of fans representation. No matter what is said they just come back with the same stuff over and over again.

If they did I don't think anything would really happen, apart from possibly a couple of the ex board members try to set up a new band of merry men.

I think the RST has had its time and needs to be stripped from top to bottom if it is going to get anywhere near its goal of board representation.

The £5.5m would not have meant the rst would have taken control of the Club, they would also have to show the business plan and funds to see the running of the club.

Look at the hearts equivalent, they are saying we have pledges over the next three years................smacks of mini murray saying if we reach CL 1/4 final you will get more money at that time.

I seen that in General Sports ED and was going to make the same comment. Greens consortium was based on an IPO going forward. Fans could have generated 7M (same as ST income )if it had been gone around in the right manner.

You have hit the nail squarely on the head, if you are in favour of fans representation then join the Trust and change it from within. If you look at all the RST threads that appear on RM the same six or so posters come on and attack and criticise at every opportunity. These posters are against the very notion of fans representation. No matter what is said they just come back with the same stuff over and over again.

I have joined - Just. I know it's the same posters that ask the questions and they are entitled to that but in a gentlemanly manner, however I do not think any fan is against fan representation as a model. We all want our club to be successful. I say pay your money and makes your choice.