Andy Little's role this season

Last season, Little usually either played up-front or on the right of a 4-2-3-1 and it was pretty successful for the most part as he scored 25 goals.

However, McCoist admitted that he's not convinced Little is a striker so his chances may be limited there as it looks like he is testing a partnership between Jon Daly and Nicky Clark.

And there might not be a spot for him on the right as we've played 4-3-1-2 which would most likely involve Templeton playing behind Daly and Clark.

So where do you think he'll fit in? Third choice striker or a change in formation to fit him in? I'm not sure myself. I think it would be a shame if he didn't get as much playing time as he did well last season but if Daly and Clark click and the formation works then he might have to bide his time.

Andy Little, however, is not a winger. Certainly not with Templeton, McKay and Aird all in the squad. I rate Aird really highly, and think he comes across as a really good guy as well so I want to see him feature as often as he can for us this year.

Little may be able to play up front either with the number of forwards we have and I do want to wait and see how Nicky Clark plays in a Rangers jersey.

I think he will be used on a rotation between right mid and up front depending on which formation we are using. In pre season so far we have used 4-1-3-2 and 4-4-2. I don't think Little fits into the midfield in the 4-1-3-2, as it requires the midfielders to play slightly narrower and support the strikers centrally with the full back providing the width. So if we play that formation he will either be up front or on the bench. If we are playing 4-4-2 then I think it's almost a guarantee that he will be playing right mid unless Daly or Clark are injured.

I have liked the look of the 4-1-3-2 in pre season so it will be interesting to see if we stick to that once Templeton is back.

Against Celtic as well. For all of 10 minutes.

Before that horrible "injury" - or as most of us saw it, he shat himself.

Still, that was the day Miller scored two in quick succession in a 2-1 win. A thoroughly enjoyable game, or first 15 minutes anyway, don't remember much else about it.

I think he will be used on a rotation between right mid and up front depending on which formation we are using. In pre season so far we have used 4-1-3-2 and 4-4-2. I don't think Little fits into the midfield in the 4-1-3-2, as it requires the midfielders to play slightly narrower and support the strikers centrally with the full back providing the width. So if we play that formation he will either be up front or on the bench. If we are playing 4-4-2 then I think it's almost a guarantee that he will be playing right mid unless Daly or Clark are injured.

I have liked the look of the 4-1-3-2 in pre season so it will be interesting to see if we stick to that once Templeton is back.

Unless we try a 4-3-3 with Templeton on the left, either Daly or Clark in the centre and Little on the right?

How Ally see's him more as a winger than a striker really confuses me, the boy clearly has goals and the majority of the time he was put out wide he was anonymous last season, I say stick him up top to start with and let the others fight it out for the place beside as that is what he deserves after the amount of goals he got last season.

Did Ally not state he doesn't really see Little as a striker more of a winger.

We should have played Daly& Clark one half then Jig & Little second half see who does the job upfront.

We have been rotating the strikers so far and it seems like Daly and Clark is the best combination based on our 3 games. Against Brora it was Jig/Little and then Daly/Clark, against Elgin is was Jig/Clark and Daly/Little then against Bristol C it was Daly/Clark for most of the game. I don't think there is any doubt that when Daly is fit he will be the no.1 striker. He has been involved in 3 of the 4 goals in pre season and should have had 3 or 4 himself. So we should hopefully start to get a good idea soon as to who is best to play up front with him. Early indications would say it's Clark but with the embargo in place until the start of September, Little has a chance to secure that spot.

Unless we try a 4-3-3 with Templeton on the left, either Daly or Clark in the centre and Little on the right?

I think that's possible, just depends on how good the Daly/Clark partnership is once the embargo ends.

After 20 odd goals last season?

Yeah. I can see that he maybe deserves a chance because of that, but I just don't rate him very highly. Decent finisher, but otherwise a bit clumsy, no vision, head down too much, not the most intelligent footballer. So I'd be a cunt and deny him that chance.

Yeah. I can see that he maybe deserves a chance because of that, but I just don't rate him very highly. Decent finisher, but otherwise a bit clumsy, no vision, head down too much, not the most intelligent footballer. So I'd be a cunt and deny him that chance.

And I thought I was harsh.

And I thought I was harsh.

Just goes to show how a managers personal opinion can have such an impact on a footballers career.

Inigo as manager and he'd be fucked. Simplythebest and he's got a fighting chance.

Comes down to performances.

Jig, Little, Clark, Daly, Black, Hutton, Wallace etc even Bell. No one is guarenteed a spot this season. With the competition for places if you're not performing you won't stay in the team. Hence why I like a relatively big squad. The hunger and desire it creates in the squad will mean higher standards produced more consistently.

Imagine we'll play with one or two up front. Little is third choice striker at best ( maybe fourth behind Jig). Might get a bit of game time if injuries crop up or ally wants rotation. Shame, as I think the boy would get a barrowload again this season.