McCoist: things are looking up now we've settled on 4-1-3-2 formation

The good thing is we have options available

We have Hutton , Peralta and McCulloch who can all play the sitting role

I'm sure Moshni is capable there also

McCulloch can not play the holding role but no doubt if he is not picked elsewhere he will be be put there to the detriment of the team. Black had his best spell when he played that role at Hearts and I still think Hutton would be more effective driving forward from midfield.

Ally does say a lot of things but rarely have we seen any of them actually being seen on the pitch so I will wait and see.

McCulloch can not play the holding role but no doubt if he is not picked elsewhere he will be be put there to the detriment of the team. Black had his best spell when he played that role at Hearts and I still think Hutton would be more effective driving forward from midfield.

Ally does say a lot of things but rarely have we seen any of them actually being seen on the pitch so I will wait and see.

He can play it, it just depends on how you want your defensive midfielder to play

Obviously McCulloch hasn't got the legs to cover in the wider areas but he could easily sit and spread passes all day at ibrox

In my opinionid have him nowhere near that position but I was just saying he could play there if we were struggling

I listened to the Motherwell game on the radio (2-2 I recall) and we must have had about 2 dozen shots. Just makes you wonder if certain individuals hadn't taken umbrage at being asked to be professional whether we woulod have been on to something.

I think we won it 2-1.

One of the best away performances I'd seen in a long time. I was a fan of Buffel and had this game come along two or three weeks later when everyone was match sharp, he would've taken some of the barrel~load of chances he missed that day and we'd have been outta sight.

Instead they pulled one back and it was touch and go towards the end.

He can play it, it just depends on how you want your defensive midfielder to play

Obviously McCulloch hasn't got the legs to cover in the wider areas but he could easily sit and spread passes all day at ibrox

In my opinionid have him nowhere near that position but I was just saying he could play there if we were struggling

I take your point but I have always felt that he just stood off opponents, rarely got near the ball and basically pointed the way to our goal when in midfield; maybe if we were 4 goals up with 5 or 6 minutes left I could almost relax if he played there.

I take your point but I have always felt that he just stood off opponents, rarely got near the ball and basically pointed the way to our goal when in midfield; maybe if we were 4 goals up with 5 or 6 minutes left I could almost relax if he played there.

That's fair mate, I think Peralta will be the mainstay of that role

Can't see McCoist bringing him in and not play him

Tbf mate I think Matt McKay and Fran Stella might disagree but I hope Peralta won't go that way.

Did Ally bring them in though? :ph34r:

Ally went to South America to watch Peralta, didn't he? So he obviously wanted him.

Did Ally bring them in though? :ph34r:

Ally went to South America to watch Peralta, didn't he? So he obviously wanted him.

I'm not sure about Stella as he may of been one of CGs ideas but I'm sure Ally wanted McKay I hope Peralta is going to be a real find, I have a good feeling about him too :D