Smith, Foster & Peralta cannot feature until September

julescotia

Rangers will not be able field a number of summer signings as trialists ahead of their registration embargo being lifted on September 1.

Manager Ally McCoist has confirmed that Arnold Peralta, Steven Smith and Richard Foster will all have to wait to make a competitive appearance for their new club.

The three have been recruited on free transfers but as their last clubs were all based outside of Scotland, the Scottish FA are not able to request international clearance for them to feature as trialists.

Rangers will have to wait until either a prospective Ramsdens Cup quarter-final on September 7 or the Second Division game with Arbroath at Ibrox on September 14 to field any of the three, by which point they will be registered players.

Nicky Law, Cammy Bell, Nicky Clark and Jon Daly will be able to play as trialists in league matches, and in the first round of the Ramsdens Cup, before September 1.

Rangers can field two trialists in league matches up to a maximum of three times. Two trialists can also be fielded in the Ramsdens Cup first round match with Albion Rovers on Sunday.

Well that makes things clearer.

Just got me wondering ........ is the reason we are perhaps stalling on the Mohsni deal? Save ourselves a months wages?

Risky strategy, but you could well be right.

However we don't know who is doing the stalling; Club, player or players agent...

Scottish FA are not able to request international clearance for them to feature as trialists.

I just asked this question elsewhere

so given you can bring in players from the moon and the SFA will get the clearance required we should change the words 'not able' in your description to 'canny be arsed'

I'd hope things were never that bad we have to take that sort of risk

General consensus is we don't want the club needlessly wasting money and we hear alot from those in charge we will operate within our means.

But agreed, for the sake of 10k or so it would be a strange risk to take with the player.

I hope (and I'm basically leaning towards) that we aren't taking that risk.

It's roughly £30,000 at the most (I think?) ... which is a drop in the ocean at a Club our size.

As for the others, we've plenty of cover at CM for Peralta ... Wallace is our LB, LM can go to a number of players, Aird for one. And our RB can be covered by Faure or Hegarty (fit?)

Rangers will not be able field a number of summer signings as trialists ahead of their registration embargo being lifted on September 1.

Manager Ally McCoist has confirmed that Arnold Peralta, Steven Smith and Richard Foster will all have to wait to make a competitive appearance for their new club.

The three have been recruited on free transfers but as their last clubs were all based outside of Scotland, the Scottish FA are not able to request international clearance for them to feature as trialists.

Rangers will have to wait until either a prospective Ramsdens Cup quarter-final on September 7 or the Second Division game with Arbroath at Ibrox on September 14 to field any of the three, by which point they will be registered players.

Nicky Law, Cammy Bell, Nicky Clark and Jon Daly will be able to play as trialists in league matches, and in the first round of the Ramsdens Cup, before September 1.

Rangers can field two trialists in league matches up to a maximum of three times. Two trialists can also be fielded in the Ramsdens Cup first round match with Albion Rovers on Sunday.

Im sure if it was any team other than Rangers the SFA would bend over backwards to accommodate

them.

Im sure if it was any team other than Rangers the SFA would bend over backwards to accommodate

them.

I am not sure any team should be comparable ( maybe Hearts with Wilson), but we are using the system to get around the transfer embargo (as wrong as it was) so why would we expect the SFA to help us get around their punishment?

Think we could line up this weekend with

Gallacher

Hegarty* Faure* Cribari Wallace

McAusland Law Black Macleod Aird

Mcculloch

Only thing I might see us change around is the centreback/right back combination with McAusland maybe moving back, Hegarty might not even be fit?

edit: Forgot Little, he may go Right mid and McAusland at right back

Think we could line up this weekend with

Gallacher

Hegarty* Faure* Cribari Wallace

McAusland Law Black Macleod Aird

Mcculloch

Only thing I might see us change around is the centreback/right back combination with McAusland maybe moving back, Hegarty might not even be fit?

edit: Forgot Little, he may go Right mid and McAusland at right back

You forgot Daly too :lol: ... Jig will be at CB

I am not sure any team should be comparable ( maybe Hearts with Wilson), but we are using the system to get around the transfer embargo (as wrong as it was) so why would we expect the SFA to help us get around their punishment?

Its just that I think there should have been absolute clarity about the conditions of the transfer

ban right from the day it was imposed then everyone knows where we stand, all of a sudden I'm

hearing conditions I never knew existed. I don't think we are using the system to get around

the ban we are just adhering to the conditions they imposed on us and I don't believe we are

doing anything untoward by signing the players we have brought in.

Its just that I think there should have been absolute clarity about the conditions of the transfer

ban right from the day it was imposed then everyone knows where we stand, all of a sudden I'm

hearing conditions I never knew existed. I don't think we are using the system to get around

the ban we are just adhering to the conditions they imposed on us and I don't believe we are

doing anything untoward by signing the players we have brought in.

We are getting around the ban because we found a loophole. Signing new players and finding a way to play them while that ban is in force is against the spirit of the punishment. Firstly, GOOD, we should do everything we can to beat their illegal ban, but secondly, we can't expect them to help us do it.