Forever 66 (Fan Song)

I am sorry if this has been posted already....I was on twitter and came across this by a fellow fan known as Paul Meikleham @meeky1690(on twitter) and thought it was quite lovely yet sad. I know it is musically from Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars, but the words he has written are a lovely wee tribute to our 66 absent friends.

If it is not to your taste then please try and keep it respectful when leaving feedback.

Two Stories Of Contrast From Older Supporters

HEARTWRENCHING
We will call him Willie, primarily because that is his name. Willie is only nine years older than me, but that nine years holds more to it due to what I recount below. He tells this story now with the same face from whence I first heard it. There is a kind of emptiness behind his normally laughing eyes. I was going to pen my own words for this part of the story, but as he has already had articles printed for him in various publications, I will leave it to an article that the Herald printed a few years ago. By his own admission it is the better of all the articles he has been a part of and one which he can still read. Here is an excerpt of the article below.

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=88&a=two-stories-of-contrast-from-older-supporters' rel="external nofollow">

HEARTWRENCHING
We will call him Willie, primarily because that is his name. Willie is only nine years older than me, but that nine years holds more to it due to what I recount below. He tells this story now with the same face from whence I first heard it. There is a kind of emptiness behind his normally laughing eyes. I was going to pen my own words for this part of the story, but as he has already had articles printed for him in various publications, I will leave it to an article that the Herald printed a few years ago. By his own admission it is the better of all the articles he has been a part of and one which he can still read. Here is an excerpt of the article below.

well worth a read.

HEARTWRENCHING

I can't rep you as I am out, but this was a great article from Non Succumbi (tu)

HEARTWRENCHING

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=88&a=two-stories-of-contrast-from-older-supporters' rel="external nofollow">

Superb read, highly recommend taking 10 minutes to read it for anyone who hasn't already.

HEARTWRENCHING

Fantastic read.Shed a few tears.

:anguish: I love all rangers songs but thats terrible in my opinion (so don't be offended, I like n'sync ffs)

I am completely offended!!!! lol

I didn't expect everyone to like it being everyone's tastes are different. I think the words hit most of us though and it is a very moving effort. I would like to see someone do a song that is entirely their own song. Not me, cause I can't write poetic words/music or sing a note in tune.

• 3 years later...
On 30/07/2013 at 8:18 PM, Sweettartangirl said:

I am sorry if this has been posted already....I was on twitter and came across this by a fellow fan known as Paul Meikleham @meeky1690(on twitter) and thought it was quite lovely yet sad. I know it is musically from Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars, but the words he has written are a lovely wee tribute to our 66 absent friends.

If it is not to your taste then please try and keep it respectful when leaving feedback.

Ā 

It is the "one thing " I have ever saved from Rangers mediaĀ 

Truly beautifulĀ