Live update from meeting

1st_Jan_1994

To be fair, on Stockbridge, once the income is in the bank it is all added to the one big line in the accounts.

There is no way to say how much of the money left is from the IPO and how much is left from the ST from last year.

If he was asked how much of the IPO cash was left, there really is no way to differentiate it from the rest of the money.

People respected the fact he couldn't go into exact figures for various reasons but asked for percentages or approx .... you know, just trying to push it to get an idea what was left of the share issue money and he didn't had no idea ... which I find alarming.

People respected the fact he couldn't go into exact figures for various reasons but asked for percentages or approx .... you know, just trying to push it to get an idea what was left of the share issue money and he didn't had no idea ... which I find alarming.

He definitely knows, no way he can't.

His response is shocking though.

Mather does come across as a good guy to me too. I've been fooled before. He could turn into a cunt, easily, but I can only take people on how I find them and face value. You can't go through life just assuming everyone's a cunt until they do enough to prove you otherwise I suppose.

He does though, if anything ever made it more apparent then it was tonight

Of course he doesn't. It may feel like it to you because you can't get rid of him fast enough, but that is simply not the case. Lets just agree to meet up in, oh, 5 years on here and see if he is still managing us then.

PS - 5 years chosen as > 2 seasons and < 40 season :thumbup:

Mather does come across as a good guy to me too. I've been fooled before. He could turn into a cunt, easily, but I can only take people on how I find them and face value. You can't go through life just assuming everyone's a cunt until they do enough to prove you otherwise I suppose.

I dunno J I get a good vibe from him. It seems to me going on Mcmurdos blog the other day that someone fed him bullshit and Mather went on to prove Lego correct by confirming he was on 300k and not the 560k or there a outs that mcmurdo claimed

If they don't know how much of the IPO was left, they shouldn't be getting the massive salaries they're on. Don't kid yourself, they know....

It really is impossible to say what money was left though!

Imagine you work two jobs. You get paid on the last day of the month. You get £1k from one job, £500 from the other.

A debit comes off on the first of the month for £500.

Someone asks you, how much of the wage from your second job is left?

It is impossible to answer. It could be all of it, it could be none of it, it could be half of it.

Money at this level is basically fictional. Once it becomes income it just becomes a line on a balance sheet.

He could not answer with any specific value without stating exactly how much money was on the accounts. This would have been very against the rules.

Of course he doesn't. It may feel like it to you because you can't get rid of him fast enough, but that is simply not the case. Lets just agree to meet up in, oh, 5 years on here and see if he is still managing us then.

PS - 5 years chosen as > 2 seasons and < 40 season :thumbup:

He might walk before then.... doubt it though

Graeme Hannah to his credit did say to him on the mic that he has serious concerns about his managerial ability and McCoist did take it like a gent and said he understood and respected his opinion but urged to judge him when these players are available to him, which isn't unresonable, but it just alarms me the players he's still got until then and we struggle. That's very telling for me, but I'll shut up about it soon. Everyone knows it and I know it. That's good enough.

Imagine you work two jobs. You get paid on the last day of the month. You get £1k from one job, £500 from the other.

It is impossible to answer. It could be all of it, it could be none of it, it could be half of it.

Money at this level is basically fictional. Once it becomes income it just becomes a line on a balance sheet.

He could not answer with any specific value without stating exactly how much money was on the accounts. This would have been very against the rules.

It's not impossible ... he's been finance director all of last season and he must have known when the share issue cash was running down how much was left a month or so ago before the first lot of season book money came in. Don't insult your own intelligence mate,

Stockbridge didn't confirm or deny anything tbh. That was part of the problem.

He gave probably the most pathetic answer I've ever heard when Fury quizzed him on if the 10 million was season book and Blackthorn money - he just said something along the lines of "I don't know, it's all just in the one pot" ... wtf

and that's our finance director

The one thing he did clarify, was that we are NOT haemorrhaging 1M a month.

Now that is on record, I'll await the accounts and see if he's telling the truth.

If it turns out that figure is averaged over the past year, due to purchases of EH etc..... Then so be it.

No big problem. Bringing the assets back under one umbrella is what we were shouting for.

Now that is on record, I'll await the accounts and see if he's telling the truth.

If it turns out that figure is averaged over the past year, due to purchases of EH etc..... Then so be it.

No big problem. Bringing the assets back under one umbrella is what we were shouting for.

I agree it wasn't all bad in that sense, which you mention. But still enough cause for concern for me. I genuinely think the meeting gave us more questions than answers

what he said was that we don't lose that money per month because some months we make a profit. That is open to interpretation.

It's not impossible ... he's been finance director all of last season and he must have known when the share issue cash was running down how much was left a month or so ago before the first lot of season book money came in. Don't insult your own intelligence mate,

Im not mate, seriously I work in finance. Not an accountant, but do financial reporting.

The problem is that the day we brought in the share money, we will have merged it with the season ticket money and other income from last year.

We will have added £22m with the c£9m (STs) and say £5m (Sponsorship). This would give us a cash pot of £36m. There is no way to say if we had say £5m left at the end of the year, if this was share money or money from STs.

I agree it wasn't all bad in that sense, which you mention. But still enough cause for concern for me. I genuinely think the meeting gave us more questions than answers

You've sounded a bit less impassioned about defending Green since you got back. He is something of a side issue compared to the stuff Stockbridge seems to have been saying but did the meeting give you cause to lose some faith in Green as well?

No one is asking for specific amounts, just a ball park figure would have done. It's been pissed up against a wall, and they are propping it up with this years income. Without seeing how much we have taken in since the end of last season, I would hazard a guess there is less than £5m of the IPO money left. That's £17m of extra income pissed away in less than a year.

We should be on the blower to the bizzies, not having cozy fans forums, full of spin and shite.

I agree.

Which is why I think it was a propaganda exercise.

Too one sided. If CG had been there, we would have a ring and a referee.

This is what worries me, in regards to the running and fight to control OUR CLUB.

You've sounded a bit less impassioned about defending Green since you got back. He is something of a side issue compared to the stuff Stockbridge seems to have been saying but did the meeting give you cause to lose some faith in Green as well?

This has happened under greens watch more than Mather. So in short to me it's left Stockbridge and green not looking to great.

Mather seems to be siding more with Walter and hart going by his responses tonight regarding the last weeks shenanigans

No one is asking for specific amounts, just a ball park figure would have done. It's been pissed up against a wall, and they are propping it up with this years income. Without seeing how much we have taken in since the end of last season, I would hazard a guess there is less than £5m of the IPO money left. That's £17m of extra income pissed away in less than a year.

We should be on the blower to the bizzies, not having cozy fans forums, full of spin and shite.

To be honest, I dont know why i am trying to defend him. Its a political answer.

The important question is actaully just 'How much money is left?' It does not matter a jot if it is IPO money or ST money or whatever. We just need to know the real amount and if this seasons income has been included.