Andy Mitchell [edit- story not accurate]

Zappa

Apparently Andy Mitchell has been told he can leave if he finds another club. Can anyone confirm?

He was given a new 1 year deal less than 3 months ago.

Opinions will no doubt be quite mixed on this, but I thought the lad did well when given a chance.

Now deemed surplus to requirements?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If true, i would be disappointed in this but not surprised given my views on our manager.

I thought he done really well in games he played in last year, especially v Berwick at home where he was the best player on the park for us, despite being the latest casualty of playing a mile out of position.

Still, we need to free up spaces for the likes of Stevie Smith and Foster who will be in their 30's by the time we get back to challenging for the SPL instead of blooding raw talent who will be hitting their early to mid 20's with their future ahead of them.

Oh, and not forgetting the overspend on SPL players to ensure the exuberant bonuses are paid out to 6 individuals. :drugang:

Still, we need to free up spaces for the likes of Stevie Smith and Foster who will be in their 30's by the time we get back to challenging for the SPL instead of blooding raw talent who will be hitting their early to mid 20's with their future ahead of them.

That's the worrying thing and also is Foster really better at RB than Mitchell? I'd say that's debatable tbh, but what's not debatable is that we can be sure Foster is on more money than Mitchell is on.

Long term I don't think Mitchell will be at the club but I think if this were true it would just highlight ally's mismanagement with money! Naismith was given a 2 year deal less than 6 months ago and has been paid off and holiday daz has been given a new deal yet hasn't made a first team squad throughout pre season.....complete waste!

I quite like Mitchell he is passionate about the club and worked really hard last year, I personally would keep him for the year as he provides decent cover at right back and if certainly be starting him ahead of hegarty, perry or faure in that position albeit I guess ally wouldn't! : (

This is quite similar to the McMillan situation a few years back. We all wanted him to be given more chances as the few he did get he looked good. He was up against a much higher paid not much better RB at the time and he was young, hungry and Rangers daft too. I guess we have to accept the fact management see these guys everyday in training and they might not be as good as we think despite impressing on their rare appearances

Looks like we are trimming anything that is not essential, including future potential

Tbh with ally in charge he will barely get a game as o have said before parent have been advised before that if x player cones back from injury it doesn't matter how well your son playa but he will be dropped.

This is quite similar to the McMillan situation a few years back. We all wanted him to be given more chances as the few he did get he looked good. He was up against a much higher paid not much better RB at the time and he was young, hungry and Rangers daft too. I guess we have to accept the fact management see these guys everyday in training and they might not be as good as we think despite impressing on their rare appearances

That's probably quite a fair assessment, but I can't help feeling that it's highly debatable whether Foster is any better than Mitchell at RB. Maybe Mitchell isn't cut out for RB, but I thought he looked good in that position when given the chance.

I think both are players who would be good enough to get us back up to the premier league, then when we've got cash to buy better quality they move on. In Mitchell's case though, you just never know how he would develop over the next 2 years if given regular games in a single position rather than being a bit part reserve & bench warmer who gets moved around different positions and brought on for the last 10 mins now and again.

This will be disappointing if true.

I thought he looked the part when he played at right back last season.

It may well be that he is now considered as being fourth in line for this position after Foster, the Greek and Cole.

Pity that, as I thought that he would be one for the future.

It cant be surely. Not unless Ally has been told to find a new club as well. :ph34r:

:lol:

I just meant as he was hooked at ht and seemed to struggle. Wouldn't be fair to blame a young lad, especially when our captain lets simple balls go over his head

This will be disappointing if true.

I thought he looked the part when he played at right back last season.

It may well be that he is now considered as being fourth in line for this position after Foster, the Greek and Cole.

Pity that, as I thought that he would be one for the future.

Argyriou has been told he can go mate

IF TRUE!!

The manager sees the players most days in training, reserve games, bounce matches etc. and faced with a choice of strengthening or letting some go may have deemed Mitchell one of the ones to be let go - not a thing wrong with that - that's him job! IF TRUE!