Alistair is a very naughty cheekie chappy

bawsburst

Alistair stills thinks we should spend even after Mather told us all it was sell before we buy, something Alistair said Mather didn't say or he Alistair was unaware of if Mather did say it.

Craig Mather warns Ally McCoist: ship out players before you add more new signings

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Rangers interim chief executive Craig Mather has told boss Ally McCoist that more players may have to leave before sanctioning any more new signings.

17/08/2013

ALLY McCOIST has vowed to keep on spending in a bid to strengthen his Rangers squad until he’s told there is no more cash for players.

The Ibrox boss is in talks with Steve Simonsen over the prospect of being back-up keeper to Cammy Bell – and wants to make at least another two signings on top of that.

McCoist is continuing to recruit, despite finance director Brian Stockbridge admitting recently that the £22million raised in last year’s share issue had gone.

Former Rangers director Dave King has claimed the fallen Glasgow giants could be in administration again by December and ex-chairman Alastair Johnston also predicted a bleak future.

McCoist admitted last week those were two respected voices that should be listened to but insists he won’t accept the situation is as dire as it is being made out to be until he’s told that by one of the Ibrox hierarchy.

That’s why he’s pressing ahead with signing targets which he will run past chief executive Craig Mather.

The Rangers boss also hopes the fact the club are negotiating with ex-Dundee man Simonsen proves the situation isn’t as bad as it is being painted.

With a boardroom meeting scheduled for Tuesday which could see Charles Green axed just two weeks after his return, McCoist admitted he hasn’t had the chance to talk to Mather and refused to be drawn on Stockbridge’s admission the share cash had gone.

But asked if his pursuit of Simonsen is a sign that the club aren’t in as bad a place as King suggested, he said: “That’s what I would hope. That’s not my gig, I’d have to take advice on that.

“I’ve spoken to Craig this week but not about budgets as such. I mean, they’ll tell me when enough’s enough, like any other manager.

“I’m no different from any other manager. If you have a budget to work with you are told you can’t do this but we’ll allow you to do that.

“Remember, we’re bringing in free transfers. We’re not spending money on signing targets because of the embargo but we believe we’re bringing in quality.

“When I say that I mean guys who will take us to the next level and improve the team. We’re happy with the boys we have brought in.

“It’s my job to get a winning, attractive team on the park for the fans. I’ll do my best to do that until I’m told otherwise.

“I will go to Craig with targets and he will tell me if it’s possible or not. To be fair to him he’s been busy this week but we’ve spoken most days on the phone.

“It’s our intention to sit down and talk about what we can and can’t do and about one or two coming in, which I’m still keen to do before September 1.

“We’ve got eight in and seven out so you can look at that as one in if you want.

“There might be one or two more as well but in an ideal world I’d bite your hand off for another forward and another defender.

“I’m going to have a chat with Steve Simonsen. He’s shown up well so we’ll see what he’s thought of the place.

“I’m still of the opinion we can get Scott Gallacher out on loan. It’s a bit intricate because in an ideal world, he could play with us until September 1 so we can play two outfield players.

“He could then maybe go out on loan somewhere but that would have to be arranged in the next week or so and we’d need to get another keeper in.”

Ahead of today’s trip to Stranraer, McCoist refused to discuss non-football matters on a day when two million shares in the club changed hands. He said: “I’ve said all along about the transparency thing and it will be great if we get that.

“But in the meantime I’ve said my piece about things other than the football quite a lot recently so it’s football from now on.

“I know there’s a board meeting on Tuesday so I’ll let them get on with it and I’ll get on with the football.”

Meanwhile, Anestis Argyriou could be leaving Ibrox with clubs in Cyprus and his homeland of Greece interested in the full-back. However, McCoist dismissed rumours of interest in former Motherwell defender Tom Hateley.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently that's from the rheble as it matches the headline on newsnow Ally must be told he can't sign anybody else if Mather needs to get tough and spoil his and Allys special relationship so be it, has Ally learned anything from the last two years? I'm uncertain if he's still wanting to spend spend spend.

The question is what is he playing at, how many times does he need told.

Craig Mather warns Ally McCoist: ship out players before you add more new signings

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Rangers interim chief executive Craig Mather has told boss Ally McCoist that more players may have to leave before sanctioning any more new signings.

If you read it he doesn't actually say he wants to or will carry on spending.

In an ideal world he would, as would all managers, but that article is pure spin designed to enrage bears.

I'm no fan of Ally as a manager but that article is stitching him up

In an ideal world he would, as would all managers, but that article is pure spin designed to enrage bears.

I agree most managers would want to bring in more players, but surely in our position and the large squad he now has

Even Ally could work with what he now has!

The thing that sticks out for me is...........we have signed 8 but have shipped out 7 so you can say we have only signed one.

Well Ally how many of that 7 would play more than 1 game if even 1 and how many will the 8 you brought in play and I have no doubt the wages saved apart from Alexander will not make a dramatic difference.

Also you will keep going re players until Mather tells you enough is enough, but you had a budget and surely every time you sign a player and know his deal re signing on fee and wages you deduct from total budget and then you know what's what.

Plus paying off players you gave contracts to a few months ago , well surely that's part of your budget.

I'm glad someone else can take a step back a realise what these rags do! Read the quotes not the headlines lads...paints a very different picture!

I have made my feelings re ally's management skills perfectly clear but these types of stories are pure and simply designed to cause fractions and issues amongst the fans/club!

I will say however should ally want more players in then he really needs to justify why he offered cole and Mitchell new contracts when neither seem to be in his plans plus the pay-off issued to Naismith? We need to be smarter with our money at the moment!

I'm glad someone else can take a step back a realise what these rags do! Read the quotes not the headlines lads...paints a very different picture!

I have made my feelings re ally's management skills perfectly clear but these types of stories are our and simply designed to cause fractions and issues amongst the fans/club!

The quotes are really the point Ally's quotes, why is Ally saying the opposite of what he has already been told by Mather.

The quotes are really the point Ally's quotes, why is Ally saying the opposite of what he has already been told by Mather.

Yes but he does say "in an ideal world" etc.....I agree with Mather that we definetly need to move players out if ally wants more in, the situation with cole for example is a disgraceful waste of money....however going back to the article I think you have to take into account the context/questions asked for both articles!

Yes but he does say "in an ideal world" etc.....I agree with Mather that we definetly need to move players out if ally wants more in, the situation with cole for example is a disgraceful waste of money....however going back to the article I think you have to take into account the context/questions asked for both articles!

He's been told and very publicly in early July, yet he states; “I’ve spoken to Craig this week but not about budgets as such. I mean, they’ll tell me when enough’s enough, like any other manager".

He's been told and very publicly in early July, yet he states; “I’ve spoken to Craig this week but not about budgets as such. I mean, they’ll tell me when enough’s enough, like any other manager".

Was he though? Was the Mather article not a bit ambiguous to what he actually said? I don't disagree with getting a few out before bringing more in but ultimately we don't know what is going on behind the scenes re movement of players, finances etc!

Why this rush to get Gallacher out on loan and waste money on another keeper ?

The guy looks good enough for this division.

If hes not good enough , sell him ...........

I think it's all about placing him with a team where he will be first pick thus getting him more game time and hopefully he will fulfil his potential.

He won't progress as a player if he's sitting on the bench every week.