1. 1. Who was Rangers best defender?

• Cuellar
    • Bougherra
    • Papac

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the Papac love that some fans have. He was decent player for us, served us well, gave his all and was the textbook steady Eddie (tu) but he brought very little to the team, he wasn't any better than michael ball of Oliver Bernard (tu) ...... Hahaha, Christ, no idea why those two popped into my head. No better than Stevie smith would be a better analogy.

Seriously though - decent lad, decent left back, but nowhere near the standard Carlos Cuellar in that one season, he wasn't even the best left back we've had, Robertson, Numan, Gio for a spell, even Wallace are all better.

Papac had one or two games at cb

One against st johnston I mind he was class.

Might have been been captain that day. Cup game maybe. Can't member

Solid left back and made one mistake in a few years. 6 was it?

I'd probably plump for Bougherra as he did it over 3 seasons and contributed to us having a very successful period.

That's taking nothing away from Cuellar and the huge role he played in taking us to Manchester mind (tu)

We won league with Bougie 3 times on the trot .We never won the league under Carlos .That's enough for me .Didn't ever think Papac was anything more than reliable but liked him all the same .Has to be Madjid

:blink:

We were going for 4 trophies and got fucked about in the league with Cuellar ffs.

Cuellar >> Bougherra >>>>>>>> Papac

Cuellar >> Bougherra >>>>>>>> Papac >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cribari

IMO

Best `backs to the wall` defender was Cuellar in his sort time with us, Bougie was easily a more cultured footballer though and often offered something different going forward when we were in need of a lift.

Sasa had a different role to the others, but overall defended the LB position consistently well.

All of them have done us proud, Sasa P is my favourite of the 3 though. :praise: