A funny wee moment in football

The Mighty Shire

Is that Queen's Park who had a shirt with hoops, before we had a shirt with hoops, before some daft team with an identity crisis copied every cunt and adopted a hooped shirt but still have the audacity to nickname themselves after that shirt design?

I have been trying to convince the Tims in my local pub that we wore hoops before them.Im sure we gave them up because they looked too much like a rugby shirt.

I have been trying to convince the Tims in my local pub that we wore hoops before them.Im sure we gave them up because they looked too much like a rugby shirt.

Na don't be daft everyone knows that they invented everything. As well as the hoops they also invented the huddle in the middle of the pitch and (apparently) the Poznan (also passed off as the huddle). Bizarre claims by a bizarre bunch of inbreds.

Great post!!

But have to agree with alot of others about Queens Park! We packed Hampden park (twice!) as much as we could, they made the most money off of us, and have been absolutely shite! Weird how that's worked out!

They don't pay their players though. They're still amateur.

Thanks a lot mate. We don't get this kind of thing much. Was going to buy the shire shirt years ago (seeing as your a local team, I'm in Bonnybridge) to wear on holiday when you brought out a tartan away strip. Think you's were the first to bring out a tartan top. Ended up a wee bit dear just to wear on holiday. All the best for the rest of the season mate. You's gave us a few wee scares last season.

Na don't be daft everyone knows that they invented everything. As well as the hoops they also invented the huddle in the middle of the pitch and (apparently) the Poznan (also passed off as the huddle). Bizarre claims by a bizarre bunch of inbreds.

They wrote you'll never walk alone.

Rogers and Hammerstein were season ticket holders at the piggery.

Good for you TMS.

I was at the first Game at Ibrox ans was immensely impressed with Shires attitude, and attacking style.

Your Team played very well that Day and I watched your warm up to that game.

I was impressed by your Coaching and style and it comes as no surprise your top now.

For me East Stirlingshire played the best Football of all the Teams I watched apart from Annan.

I was impressed by your left Winger, who caused problems that Day.

Well done, and you never know we may meet in the Cup.

The experience and cash from last season seems to have helped.

Here's hoping the Shire get promoted.

Remember going in with the Shire fans when they lost a Scot Cup tie 2-0 at the Piggery around 79/80.

Funny enough unlike recent inflated attendances the stated attendance was less than what appeared to be there.

Greetings mighty Gers from old chap at East Stirlingshire. As you sit proudly and predictably at the head of League One have you noticed that The Mighty Shire sit proudly at the head of League Two?

Your club has played a part in that I think. Your season with the "no hopers" has boosted our finances together with some sterling work by our Secretary, Chairman and Manager and we've managed to assemble a side which so far is making us feel more confident than for many seasons. For the first time for years we are also running a reserve team which is helping to keep squad players fit /getting injured players back as well as giving the best of our youngsters the opportunity to play in the "real world" outside of youth football (ouch!).

It is a very small step for us and we may well be dislodged from our lofty perch - I'm under no illusions - but if we can get away from "the Scottish League's worst team" for a while that will be a bonus.

Best of luck for the season boys and girls although you don't seem to be needing much help at the moment!

Great to hear you're doing well!

Great post TMS :thumbup: I hope The Shire stay at the top all season and can get a promotion up to League One, lovely to see fellow Scottish football supporters who are not blinded by the mhedia and have true integrity and a true love of the game

good luck to you this season and feel free to pop in for a blether anytime :D

Thanks for all your comments. Although light years away in fitba ability what we have in common is that both clubs were totally shafted by people and have had to pick up the smashed remains and carry on.

Disgrace what happened to your club mate with another crew with the get rich quick mentality,the club is never in their thoughts.But hey like us you have bounced back....so onwards and upwards...