Rangers Standard on the BBC

Carsons Dog

Actually, just to be different, I found that a depressing read. To think that these anti-Rangers journos can still come out with all this anti-Rangers blogs and tweets tells me that not only is nothing happening, regards changing their views of Rangers, there is not enough Rangers fans complaining. Most of that I admit is because the complaints procedures for complaining about anything is a sham, as highlighted by the inaction of the institutions being complained against. Maybe we should be complaining that complaining is ineffective due to the cover-up nature of it. <cr>

It would help if the BBC allowed there to be a variety of voices on their shows with differing opinions.

When Spence made his comment, if another pundit on the show had taken him to task on it there would not have been the same furore. The problem is that the freedom of speech argument is one way. The BBC Scotland team have a singular view, and that view is the only one which they deem worthy of freedom of speech.

I don't want to stop them having an opinion, I just want a counter balance to it. The question must be why is that an unreasonable wish?

It would help if the BBC allowed there to be a variety of voices on their shows with differing opinions.

When Spence made his comment, if another pundit on the show had taken him to task on it there would not have been the same furore. The problem is that the freedom of speech argument is one way. The BBC Scotland team have a singular view, and that view is the only one which they deem worthy of freedom of speech.

I don't want to stop them having an opinion, I just want a counter balance to it. The question must be why is that an unreasonable wish?

The 'Freedom of speech' argument is bollox

Try using your freedom of speech to oppose faith schools and see how you get on

Actually, just to be different, I found that a depressing read. To think that these anti-Rangers journos can still come out with all this anti-Rangers blogs and tweets tells me that not only is nothing happening, regards changing their views of Rangers, there is not enough Rangers fans complaining. Most of that I admit is because the complaints procedures for complaining about anything is a sham, as highlighted by the inaction of the institutions being complained against. Maybe we should be complaining that complaining is ineffective due to the cover-up nature of it. <cr>

To be fair I don't think any of us enjoy reading our club getting bashed. Obviously this is a pretty depressing read but the author put together a good article summing up what we are up against.

The 'Freedom of speech' argument is bollox

Try using your freedom of speech to oppose faith schools and see how you get on

I agree with you, and it backs what I am saying. Freedom of speech through the media with balanced debates would be fantastic for the country and democracy in general. Sadly we live in a country of perceived facts and no debate is allowed of them. The irony of those who block debate using a freedom of speech argument would be hysterical if it wasn't so dangerous.

I thought the article set out good well made points. I think we are in a period of time with certain journalists and newspapers who fail to exercise sufficient editorial management of them, that each time they voice their opinion and the opinion is clearly laced with inaccuracy or verbal assault (whether directly or indirectly via innuendo or inference etc) on Rangers then there needs to continue to be a firm response from the Club and from Supporters by setting out the facts or a counter-view and by exercising the right to complain to the relevant authorities / owners of the newspapers. Doing nothing or just letting things pass over (dignified silence) may have been a way of working at one time but in this media-driven poisonous era a different approach seems appropriate until the media calms down and reporting and editorial standards are restored to the levels of professionalism we are all entitled to expect from reporters and newspapers. As for the BBC. Still banned from Ibrox. My view on that is simple - they should stay banned until they have got rid of the influences that create the anti-Rangers agenda and inaccurate reporting and if that means a change of staff reporters and editorial managers and executives then that's what it takes. Speaking personally I would not let them back into Ibrox until they demonstrate they have taken effective action to rid themselves of the anti-Rangers element and have corrected their approach to reporting on Rangers,

The BBC Scotland team have a singular view, and that view is the only one which they deem worthy of freedom of speech.

The BBC in general has a singular world-view.

In England, it has a left-liberal mindset: anti-Tory, pro-Labour, pro-immigration, pro-climate change. Opposing views are marginalised or given no exposure at all.

This left-liberal culture also exists at BBC Scotland, but as the manager class at Pacific Quay appears to be exclusively Roman Catholic, a pro-Celtic, anti-Rangers agenda is added.

Been thinking about the media and have come to the conclusion it's our fault.

We stopped buying their papers and listening to their shows. The upshot should not be a surprise...they cater for the only listeners they have left.

This will not encourage me to go back and I disagree with this statement as they were peddling their nonsense before we then realised what they were doing.

A very well written piece. There are some haters out there that think their opinion is fact, or the truth, when it is only their opinion. They then carry on reporting, this said opinion, it as fact, forgetting that it was just an opinion. This is where we are with these lazy journalists, then when they are challenged, they try to be perceived as victims, & claim that they are being attacked, when what is really happening is that they are being challenged, not attacked. It's a sad, mad, bad world we live in...