Membership Group Idea

JMorrison1872

http://wp.me/p3XWcg-7

I am a nobody amongst fans, just your regular Rangers diehard who is sick to the back teeth of supporters groups peddling their agendas and using scaremongering tactics to win over fans.

What I've wrote is unfinished, in the early stages in terms of ideas and needs other fan input.

I may get shot down in flames regarding this, but it's worth a shot.

Let me know your thoughts people.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree a club run supporters group is a good idea. It would also open doors to fan representation on the board down the line.

Also with the recent furore over remuneration committees I think it's imperative we push for fan/shareholder representation on these committees. We deserve a say in who takes money out of our club and how much.

To what end is this group? Fan representation to the club? Voice of the fans? Extra cash for the club? I think your idea needs a goal!

I also thing £15 pm is quite a commitment and for that needs real benefit.

If the club wants some sort of fan representation I always thought the idea of a season ticket holders club was a decent idea and the concept on I ticket I vote - and to that end I think you have it right - vote from a short list - season ticket holders vote

Just input and for debate!

I think you need to put a bit more meat on the bones. What would this Board do? I can guarantee that within 5 minutes you will get some punter moaning 'They don't speak for me'.

To what end is this group? Fan representation to the club? Voice of the fans? Extra cash for the club? I think your idea needs a goal!

If the club wants some sort of fan representation I always thought the idea of a season ticket holders club was a decent idea and the concept on I ticket I vote - and to that end I think you have it right - vote from a short list - season ticket holders vote

Would be a voice for the fans, with all proceeds directly Ito the club unlike other groups.

All that has been written is just ideas, that's why I've put it out unfinished for input.

Monthly fee's was a rough price, I do understand its a big commitment for some.

I think you need to put a bit more meat on the bones. What would this Board do? I can guarantee that within 5 minutes you will get some punter moaning 'They don't speak for me'.

I've put it out for opinions to get ideas in for the proposal.

If members are voted on by the fans, then the fans have directly nominated someone as a spokesman, instead of self-appointed representatives.

Would be a voice for the fans, with all proceeds directly Ito the club unlike other groups.

All that has been written is just ideas, that's why I've put it out unfinished for input.

I'd steer clear of that remit, unless you want your idea dead in the water.

Many, especially on here, wont go along with that.

A monthly DD that goes direct to the club would be good tbh. Although maybe leave it as a November to June thing so that people paying ST's via DD aren't out of pocket extra for they 3 months or so? Just a wee thing but always helps

I agree with the idea of having a supporters group aligned directly with the Club. Perhaps an idea similar to RFFF with fans and club legends placed on the board. I also agree that this should be as a replacement for current groups as they aren't really relevant given their small representation.

The membership and benefits would take some consideration as they would have to be attractive to a vast range of supporters but the idea itself is positive. I believe the Club are currently looking into a membership scheme although not sure where we stand on that given recent events.

At £15 a month it would be a voice for about 100 fans.

I like the idea of separation from season tickets.

You might have a season ticket, but can't afford any more.

You might have a season ticket, but would happily pay more directly into the club.

You might live far away, not have a season ticket, but want to help the club and join up

etc, etc.

So this being stand alone and direct to the club has merit.

I like the idea of separation from season tickets.

You might have a season ticket, but can't afford any more.

You might have a season ticket, but would happily pay more directly into the club.

You might live far away, not have a season ticket, but want to help the club and join up

etc, etc.

So this being stand alone and direct to the club has merit.

Agree with this.

It has to allow other fans who cannot afford or require a Season Ticket due to Travel Distance.

Has to be stand alone.

It's the only way to unite all Rangers Fans under the Club.

Only then will we all be represented.

The principle of trying to unite the various supporters' organisations is a sound one, but why not just have an official supporters' association with membership automatically granted to all adult season ticket holders. The association would be entitled to have one member on the Board who would be elected by postal ballot every summer. The term of office would be one year and you would not be allowed serve more than one term.

The principle of trying to unite the various supporters' organisations is a sound one, but why not just have an official supporters' association with membership automatically granted to all adult season ticket holders. The association would be entitled to have one member on the Board who would be elected by postal ballot every summer. The term of office would be one year and you would not be allowed serve more than one term.

That's quite a good idea tbh.

See at times like this when there are questions of the board, us fans should have someone we can turn to. At this moment in time it's certainly not the RST, rsa or anyone else