Players we let go too soon

mearns loyal

Namouchi is a good shout.

Julien Rodriguez never really got a good run of games for us. He was favoured by Le Guen but Walter wasn't interested. Maybe he thought he just couldn't cut it in the SPL in central defence. When he left us he got called up to the French squad a few months later so he couldn't have been that bad, lol.

We should have played Hemdani more often also, instead of just the UEFA Cup games. He didn't seem to mind sitting on the bench picking up a high salary, though. Bit strange that he never even bothered finding a club when he left. He was 30/31 with no injury problems.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virtually the worst player I've ever seen

About the best decision plg made, the fact that Mcleish seemed to love namouchi used to enrage me. Mind he was called the next zidane? And figo said he was our best player? These folk clearly weren't watching the same games I was.

About the best decision plg made, the fact that Mcleish seemed to love namouchi used to enrage me. Mind he was called the next zidane? And figo said he was our best player? These folk clearly weren't watching the same games I was.

He was horrid mate, he used to offer us fuck all.

Yeah can't remember who it was but sure it was an Aberdeen player who caused it. Sorry no it was against Bayern Munich in the CL he got his injury, I'm probably thinking about Durrant?

Correct, Kahn cut down an amazing footballer in his prime, Neil Simpson of Aberdeen done the same to a young Durrant who could have achieved untold in the game, he was functioning at about 60% when he returned, as was Mols.

In my opinion, Namouchi was an excellent team player. Dogged, never stopped running and never hid. He did nothing flashy but was effective at what he did. PLG could've done with more players like him in his team and he might've lasted longer in the job if he'd kept him and Ricksen. Completely forgot about Ricksen, another player gone too soon!