Supporting two clubs?

Paul Ignotus

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a few teams as it gives you an interest In other leagues otherwise its boring like the spl but I could only ever love one club and that will always be the Rangers.

"Otherwise it's boring?!?" Are you fucking kidding?

So you are bored by the team you claim to love? And you like '"a few teams?"

Stop acting like a Tim in the mid-90s, you fuckpig.

Rangers and Scotland for me. Don't understand supporting other teams myself.

I used to go to Queens Park games when I was young or skint but wouldn't call myself a supporter.

I especially don't understand contributing to the EPL, big bug bear if mine as it has drained money out of all of British football. £400M per year generated in Scotland going towards the EPL. They gave us £12M a year back, not good enough!

Rangers and Scotland for me. Don't understand supporting other teams myself.

I used to go to Queens Park games when I was young or skint but wouldn't call myself a supporter.

I especially don't understand contributing to the EPL, big bug bear if mine as it has drained money out of all of British football. £400M per year generated in Scotland going towards the EPL. They gave us £12M a year back, not good enough!

Genuine question. How is 400m pa going from Scotland to the EPL?

I think he means Sky subscriptions I think he plucks the number from thin air

Would rather watch a premiership game that other teams in Scotland get money after the way we've been treated although I see he's a Scotland fan - obviously short memory and anti English anyway

I think he means Sky subscriptions I think he plucks the number from thin air

Would rather watch a premiership game that other teams in Scotland get money after the way we've been treated although I see he's a Scotland fan - obviously short memory and anti English anyway

I know nothing about Sky subscriptions, do you sign up just to get EPL games? How much is that?

I know nothing about Sky subscriptions, do you sign up just to get EPL games? How much is that?

You can get only sports channels but it's impossible to decipher how much of that is then spent on golf, football, formula one etc for your average guy, I suppose

You can get only sports channels but it's impossible to decipher how much of that is then spent on golf, football, formula one etc for your average guy, I suppose

Well if it's 400m from Scotland, it's about 168 quid average for every single household in Scotland. Hopefully Ian will clear it up (tu)

It is the revenue generated through sky sports subscriptions in Scotland. Published by sky and a couple years out of date. Agreed that not all of it will go to the EPL but the point is that even when they did sponsor the spl the £ was never reflective from the income generated in Scotland.

I know that it is not as simple as that as well and that a lot of blame can be placed at Roger Mitchell's door for that but it has helped create a massive funding imbalance that IMO should have received government intervention.

The reason for that is Sky sells UK tv rights but there are 4 footballing nations in the UK that negotiate their own individual deals, there is a disjoin in the administration and negotiation of contracts based because of these issues.

Not domestically but the bigger part of their sponsorship spend is to the EPL. As a business you can select individual channels to purchase and depending whether or not you broadcast that to the public the prices vary. A lot

This includes business contracts as we'll not all domestic. Pubs, clubs bookies etc.

Aye that occurred to me after I posted.

But it doesn't really matter because you obviously worded your post wrongly.

Either way, if I were interested in subscribing to football on TV I wouldn't be interested in Scottish football apart from Rangers. Let's face it, it is a poor product.

Aye that occurred to me after I posted.

But it doesn't really matter because you obviously worded your post wrongly.

Either way, if I were interested in subscribing to football on TV I wouldn't be interested in Scottish football apart from Rangers. Let's face it, it is a poor product.

Would it be if we had had a fairer share of the sponsorship money? Same with NI and Wales?

Same goes for the lower leagues in England. Only recently have they been deciding a better share.