On this day, in 1992...

Essandoh

Season started 1st August, from then until November 4th (Leeds away game) he scored 19 in the league from Aug 1st - Oct 31st, scored 8 goals in 4 games in the league cup from Aug 11th - Sept 22nd and the last 2 to make the 29 goals were against Leeds in both legs. phenomenal record in the space of 3 months in all competitions if you ask me.

Was trying to work that out myself there. That is impressive.

Here are the teams that played out the final. Just look at the Milan team :ohmy:

Maybe one of the best defences ever.

http://www.uefa.com/...eups/index.html

Was trying to work that out myself there. That is impressive.

Here are the teams that played out the final. Just look at the Milan team :ohmy:

Maybe one of the best defences ever.

http://www.uefa.com/...eups/index.html

A defense that could have been breached by Rangers a few times i think if we reached the final, strong all the same, the Rangers team was rather special that season, the best Rangers team i've ever saw and probably likely to see in my lifetime.

A defense that could have been breached by Rangers a few times i think if we reached the final, strong all the same, the Rangers team was rather special that season, the best Rangers team i've ever saw and probably likely to see in my lifetime.

Hateley and McCoist would have caused them problems for sure. All the teams in our group were good. CSKA proved that at Ibrox with a good performance. Brugge were no mugs either.

Willie Waddell and Jock Wallace teams were good. Souness's team v them would have been interesting as would wee Dicks team of 199-2000. Unless there is a Euro league we will never see the likes again.

Hateley and McCoist would have caused them problems for sure. All the teams in our group were good. CSKA proved that at Ibrox with a good performance. Brugge were no mugs either.

Willie Waddell and Jock Wallace teams were good. Souness's team v them would have been interesting as would wee Dicks team of 199-2000. Unless there is a Euro league we will never see the likes again.

The worrying thing for me was that McCoist never scored 1 goal in the group stage, hard to comment on different teams from different eras, what i would have been interested to see is if there was a European cup in Struths time in charge, 70 odd trophies in 34 years as manager, would have been good to see, i'm sure we could have won it in his 34 years in charge.

The worrying thing for me was that McCoist never scored 1 goal in the group stage, hard to comment on different teams from different eras, what i would have been interested to see is if there was a European cup in Struths time in charge, 70 odd trophies in 34 years as manager, would have been good to see, i'm sure we could have won it in his 34 years in charge.

He missed one game though and for two and half games he wasn't playing alongside Hateley.

Would have been interesting to see how football would have developed had Euro comps been introduced earlier. We have done well since it was introduced and maybe the training and coaching of Struths teams would have had a big impact on our Euro success.

Then again they pumped CSKA 6-0 and the CSKA side that we drew with at Ibrox didn't seem to be the same one that travelled to France. When the match fixing came out I now remember we were wondering about that match. Those games were played 4 weeks apart.

Another thing that didn't work in our favour was Marseilles last game away to Bruges. There could have been a real chance of Bruges taking points off them in that last game if it hadn't become meaningless to them. It's all ifs and buts , but I still wish it had been earlier in the group stages.

Another thing that didn't work in our favour was Marseilles last game away to Bruges. There could have been a real chance of Bruges taking points off them in that last game if it hadn't become meaningless to them. It's all ifs and buts , but I still wish it had been earlier in the group stages.

Marseille scored an easy early goal that night and it was obvious they wouldn't slip up. Strange atmosphere at Ibrox that night, saw so many folk in tears at the end, something I only ever saw again at Manchester.

Marseille scored an easy early goal that night and it was obvious they wouldn't slip up. Strange atmosphere at Ibrox that night, saw so many folk in tears at the end, something I only ever saw again at Manchester.

I was greetin myself .McCoist was slumped against the goal post at the Copland when the final whistle was blown. We hd to hope for Brugge to do something and hammer CSKA at the same time. Huge anti-climax to what had been a great adventure. I mind the excitement when we beat Lyngby then drew Leeds. Magic.

You're right. I'd just sat down and the girl next to me said Marseilles had scored. As much as we all hoped , I think deep down we knew it would be an uphill battle after that.

Hateley's goal at Elland Road is still my favourite Rangers goal. A special side back then. Really thought we were going to win it the following year before we got pumped off Levski Sofia.

Last minute winner (or loser) from 40 yards.Fucking gutter.Theyre keeper in the first leg was gash and we only scored 3 against him.Big Peter McCloy lookalike.