rugby league world cup

stourloyal

Similar to Rugby Union and Cricket that due to the small number of teams involved, if Australia are out of form England have a chance of winning it.

Did it not used to be a Great Britain team that took part in this though ?

Has a Scottish player ever won a medal ?

looking forward to it, got tickets to the final...(giving them away if new zealand dont make it) and for the quarters at Headingley which should be New Zealand vs Tonga or Scotland...Im not a proper fan of league but a WC on my door step and the price of a ticket coupled with the fact you can get blotto whilst watching the game appeals to me :beer1:

Used to watch it years ago on BBC Grandstand on a Saturday afternoon, Eddie Waring's commentaries were very entertaining,

Famous for his "Its An Up And Under" catchphrase when a goal was kicked between the posts.

His "Its A Knockout" co-host Stuart Hall was prone to a few up and unders as well (apparently)

It used to be a GB team , saying that most were English . It's only really popular north England , I prefer league to Union

Me too. For me Rugby League is boring and repetitive. Run, bang, up, run, bang, up, run, bang, up, run, bang, up. Union has more variety.

Prefer league to union, especially the way the Scots play union. Kick for touch, come infield, try and get a penalty and then kick the penalty. Been down to watch England a couple of times in league internationals, good crowds, good atmosphere,beer on tap. Would recommend going to a game and having a good night in the north of England to anyone interested.

• 3 weeks later...

This Friday quarter finals start. 15 November: New Zealand v Scotland (20:00) Headingley Carnegie, Leeds don't think its on telly though ? can only find it on radio 5 live on listings . international football on at same time.

16 November: Australia v USA (13:00) Racecourse Ground, Wrexham

16 November: England v France (20:00) DW Stadium, Wigan on bbc 2 7.30

17 November: Samoa v Fiji (15:00) Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington . Seen some cracking games so far (tu) (tu)

Rugby League is complete and utter shite and the RLWC is even more a load of shite and a joke.

Similar to Rugby Union and Cricket that due to the small number of teams involved, if Australia are out of form England have a chance of winning it.

Did it not used to be a Great Britain team that took part in this though ?

Has a Scottish player ever won a medal ?

Yea mate! it used to be a GB team that played against the Aussies/Kiwis etc.... and George Fairbairn played for both England and GB even although he was Scottish. I could never get my head around a Scot playing for the Pommies and in fact, Fairbairn was the only Scot I'd heard of that played thugby league.

Rugby League is complete and utter shite and the RLWC is even more a load of shite and a joke.

Yea mate! it used to be a GB team that played against the Aussies/Kiwis etc.... and George Fairbairn played for both England and GB even although he was Scottish. I could never get my head around a Scot playing for the Pommies and in fact, Fairbairn was the only Scot I'd heard of that played thugby league.

Now we have a full team of scots OZ :D

Although most will probably be players to shite to play with England/Australia/NZ.

Scotland were 25/1 to win one of their group games and I put them in a double, the football team drew :(

rugby league is excellent. .you should all give a "try" honestly though its a skilful , entertaining and sometimes brutal game. Look out for the widnes Vikings in super league. Vikings loyal :7325:

Yeeeees, another Widnes Vikings fan! I grew up in Halewood, just down the road from Widnes so they are my team. I was the Kemik mascot for a while in the late 1990s.

Now we have a full team of scots OZ :D

Although most will probably be players to shite to play with England/Australia/NZ.

Scotland were 25/1 to win one of their group games and I put them in a double, the football team drew :(

Well I won't argue with you mate regards how many Scottish born players are in that team, but i'll sure as fuck find out :pipe:

They were always a shout to gub teams like Tonga and the USA and were worth a punt against Italy, so it's a shame the footballers fucked you up.

Just don't go daft and bet on them to surprise the All Blacks. :lol:

Massive game for Scotland today against NZ. Would be incredible if we got a result against them.

Incredible,Dougie? It will be a miracle. In fact if Scotland even get withing cooee of the Kiwis it will be a bigger miracle than all miracles combined in the bible.