Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Picked up infamous second son for 24 quid and injustice the day for 30,both preowned.traded watchdogs and wolfenstein and got 58 quid for the both of them out of a new gamestore in clydebank,so didn't have to pay a penny for them.

Watchdogs was great,but couldn't see myself going back to it again.story became too repetitive towards the end and Aiden pierce is one of the most flattest characters I've ever played with.

Only got injustice so it's something for me and the wee yin to play,I'm absolutely shite at fighting games :D

Did they not stop to think that this main character causes more death and destruction than the villain ever would have?

Did they not stop to think that this main character causes more death and destruction than the villain ever would have?

:D I know mate,they try to make him out as a good guy,but he just comes across as a bit of a dick,a quite boring one at that.it's the first game I've played where the side characters where more interesting.

:D I know mate,they try to make him out as a good guy,but he just comes across as a bit of a dick,a quite boring one at that.it's the first game I've played where the side characters where more interesting.

Grand Theft auto series is full of them...

"Claude" never said anything

CJ was a wee bitch

Niko was dull and just as much of a hypocrite.

Grand Theft auto series is full of them...

"Claude" never said anything

CJ was a wee bitch

Niko was dull and just as much of a hypocrite.

fucking hated niko.that accent was like nails on a chalkboard.didn't mind cj tbh mate.

Just got some new headphones, But I can't use the headphones and the mic at the same time as there is 1 3.5mm jack for each and the controller only has 1 port, anybody know what I need to use both?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Startech-com-3-5mm-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B004SP0WAQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1386905684&sr=8-8&keywords=phone+headset+adaptor

Picked up infamous second son for 24 quid and injustice the day for 30,both preowned.traded watchdogs and wolfenstein and got 58 quid for the both of them out of a new gamestore in clydebank,so didn't have to pay a penny for them.

Watchdogs was great,but couldn't see myself going back to it again.story became too repetitive towards the end and Aiden pierce is one of the most flattest characters I've ever played with.

Only got injustice so it's something for me and the wee yin to play,I'm absolutely shite at fighting games :D

What new game shop is this? Where abouts in clydebank?

It's not quite on the same scale as what 343 do with remasters.

Hardly comparable since 343 are remastering games that were released 10+ years ago..

Last of Us is already an ace looking game.. the PS4 version will just be sharper and more fluid version due to the increased resolution and frame rate.

Hardly comparable since 343 are remastering games that were released 10+ years ago..

Last of Us is already an ace looking game.. the PS4 version will just be sharper and more fluid due to the increased resolution and frame rate.

PS4 is around 10-12 times more powerful than the PS3...The PS3 was also an awful console to develop for compared to the piss easy PS4. I dont buy they couldnt do much more to it other than increase framerate and resolution. Remaster? More like very quick port.

PS4 is around 10-12 times more powerful than the PS3...The PS3 was also an awful console to develop for compared to the piss easy PS4. I dont buy they couldnt do much more to it.

10-12 times more powerful doesn't translate into 10-12 times better graphics in real world terms... They've bumped the frame rate up to 1080p and it's running at 60 fps, would you prefer if they just copied everyone else by sacrificing fps or resolution for some additional sparkles?

You should know better than to trust a Yutube video mate.. highly compressed and capped at 30 fps. Also that video is just cut scenes, i'll reserve judgement until i see some comparisons that feature raw GAMEPLAY footage running at 60 fps.

Can't believe you tried to compare this to 343's work.. 'sake. :lol:

10-12 times more powerful doesn't translate into 10-12 times better graphics in real world terms... They've bumped the frame rate up to 1080p and it's running at 60 fps, would you prefer if they just copied everyone else by sacrificing fps or resolution for some additional sparkles?

You should know better than to trust a Yutube video mate.. highly compressed and capped at 30 fps. Also that video is just cut scenes, i'll reserve judgement until i see some comparisons that feature raw GAMEPLAY footage running at 60 fps.

Can't believe you tried to compare this to 343's work.. 'sake. :lol:

Surly these comparisons are the same as your GTA 5 comparisons? 343 Remaster work is amazing...They are the best in the business at it. Im sure most would be happy for ND to take more time to make it look better and make it a worthwhile upgrade to the PS3 version. Maybe we should wait for gameplay but TLOU looked better in cutscenes than gameplay i dont expect that to change.

Surly these comparisons are the same as your GTA 5 comparisons? 343 Remaster work is amazing...They are the best in the business at it. Im sure most would be happy for ND to take more time to make it look better and make it a worthwhile upgrade to the PS3 version. Maybe we should wait for gameplay but TLOU looked better in cutscenes than gameplay i dont expect that to change.

GTA 5 isn't like to run at 1080p 60fps on the next gen.. Rockstar have clearly focused on creating a graphical show piece by putting all their efforts into improving, lighting, textures and environmental details. As for 343, they aren't remastering games that already look awesome. I'm not saying they don't do a good job, but their scope for improvement is a lot larger given what they are working with.

Pretty sure ND have confirmed TLoU will see significant changes in game. Aside from the addition of 1080/60.. lighting improvements and hi res textures are on the cards. They've also mentioned that they have imported the hi-detailed character models and renders from cut-scenes into the actual game.. This is why I think we need to wait for gameplay before making any comparisons!

I suppose for some people who haven't completed GTA or TlOU then it will be worth the upgrade. I will be getting the later due to trading in the PS3 verison a week or so after getting it.

I just feel Rockstar could have taken another 6 months at least to change some things and really give us a next gen GTA that will be different enough to merit the cash. They have already broken records in sales ect so a few months of doing new things wouldn't have hurt them surely?

I suppose for some people who haven't completed GTA or TlOU then it will be worth the upgrade. I will be getting the later due to trading in the PS3 verison a week or so after getting it.

I just feel Rockstar could have taken another 6 months at least to change some things and really give us a next gen GTA that will be different enough to merit the cash. They have already broken records in sales ect so a few months of doing new things wouldn't have hurt them surely?

Who says they haven't? Aside from the game being officially announced nothing else has been said.. we don't even have a release date beyond "the fall"

It's all just speculation and rumors at the moment.. I personally have a feeling that a single player expansion(in the vain of episodes from liberty city) will be included free of charge.