Safe Standing area for Ibrox!

Bad Robot

I disagree with that buddy, people can be more vocal at the games regardless of seating/standing arrangements, they need no certain areas to do so, a lot of people will be against the standing areas in all stands as we have an age group from 60+ who's legs obviously couldn't take 90 mins of standing, i've been to a few away games this season and i'm only 28 and my legs can't take 90 mins of standing, what chance have the pensioners got ?.

They can sit down. It would only be in limited areas. Safe standing has improved German atmospheres by all accounts. The atmoshpere when there was standing in this country was better (although there may have been other factors responsible for this as well). I tend to believe that people are more inclined to get involved if they're not sitting on their arses.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They can sit down. It would only be in limited areas. Safe standing has improved German atmospheres by all accounts. The atmoshpere when there was standing in this country was better (although there may have been other factors responsible for this as well). I tend to believe that people are more inclined to get involved if they're not sitting on their arses.

They can sit down lol ? i'm talking about standing areas, do you think olders bears are just gonna get fucked about into other areas because they want to allocate a standing section ? i'd not be happy if i've sat in an area for many many years and they want to replace it with standing, you can see the point and my point about it.

I disagree with that buddy, people can be more vocal at the games regardless of seating/standing arrangements, they need no certain areas to do so, a lot of people will be against the standing areas in all stands as we have an age group from 60+ who's legs obviously couldn't take 90 mins of standing, i've been to a few away games this season and i'm only 28 and my legs can't take 90 mins of standing, what chance have the pensioners got ?.

Obviously pensioners and people unable to stand for 90 minutes would buy tickets into the seated areas of the ground. It would only be one area of the ground and nobody would be forced to buy tickets there.

Obviously pensioners and people unable to stand for 90 minutes would buy tickets into the seated areas of the ground. It would only be one area of the ground and nobody would be forced to buy tickets there.

But the point i'm making is, that if pensioners sit in the areas that they're wanting to make standing they're not going to be happy about getting fucked about to different stands, as i said above specially if they've sat there as a ST holder for many years.

They can sit down lol ? i'm talking about standing areas, do you think olders bears are just gonna get fucked about into other areas because they want to allocate a standing section ? i'd not be happy if i've sat in an area for many many years and they want to replace it with standing, you can see the point and my point about it.

I can, but I'd punt the old codgers to another area. As I say, the greater good...

the-greater-good.jpg

I have vague memories of the enclosure when it was standing. Did it have an effect on the atmosphere?

Yes. It was consistently the loudest area. The Copland used to do not too badly as well, but the atmosphere there has gone the way of the Dodo.

But the point i'm making is, that if pensioners sit in the areas that they're wanting to make standing they're not going to be happy about getting fucked about to different stands, as i said above specially if they've sat there as a ST holder for many years.

These same pensioners for years enjoyed the atmosphere that Ibrox used to have, and for the sake of awkwardness they'd deny the younger generation the chance to have even a bit of the same?

This'll probably go around and around :lol:

IMO we should just do what most teams do down south and have standing in a few stands anyway. Maybe in the whole of the broomy front and the copland or one of the enclosures. This would help improve the atmosphere in the ground in general and there would be much more singing around the ground instead of relying on the UB/BO to create an atmosphere every game. Problem with this is there is far too many mones who would tell folk to sit down but if most teams down south do it I don't see how it couldn't happen.

Fair enough mate, personally i'd make the full Broomloan standing if it were to happen, and keep it that way when the bheasts come to visit.

Not a bad idea. Instead of the temporary plastic seating that can be fitted in most safe standing areas, we could bring in ripped, pish stained, flea infested green armchairs whenever they visit so they feel at home. (tu)

Concord reached. Make it so!

These same pensioners for years enjoyed the atmosphere that Ibrox used to have, and for the sake of awkwardness they'd deny the younger generation the chance to have even a bit of the same?

This'll probably go around and around :lol:

Mate you've got to remember the last time Ibrox had a standing area was the late 80's 20 odd years ago, those guys who used to bounce around in the enclosures are no longer the same energetic guys they used to be lol probably in their late 60's now with fucked knees from years of standing and bouncing around :lol:

Mate you've got to remember the last time Ibrox had a standing area was the late 80's 20 odd years ago, those guys who used to bounce around in the enclosures are no longer the same energetic guys they used to be lol probably in their late 60's now with fucked knees from years of standing and bouncing around :lol:

That's why they're going into seated areas :sherlock:

Sitting down does my back in...

I'd rather stand the entire game, however like people have already mentioned, I'd be moaned at. The atmosphere at Ibrox is embarrassing in comparison to even 10 years ago. People seem more interested in being on their phone or constantly moaning than singing and cheering their team on. All you have to do is look at the Sheffield Wednesday friendly to get an idea of how impressive our fans are when vocal. More people recorded and or looked at the fans that game than they did the football. Imagine that all around Ibrox, not only would it encourage the players, but it makes the games seem more interesting as well.

I'm not sure how you don't understand that standing sections generate more atmosphere than sitting sections...

I have vague memories of the enclosure when it was standing. Did it have an effect on the atmosphere?

As I recall not for long as over the period the ground was being redeveloped into new stands the Copland end tended to retain the core of the singing bears. The enclosure was the last to be seated and did attract the more vocal / chanters.