Safe Standing area for Ibrox!

Bad Robot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Enclosure would be ideal but we would need to consult with the ST holders in there.

Nah, fuck them. The greater goooood.

That goes for the Copland Front as well.

Not till we have the cash though, which may be some time.

Ibrox would look daft with any sort of standing area, let the beadrattlers get on with it, they can re enact the Dundee boxing day game all over again in their new standing areas and fight amongst themselves and pish all over each other like a throwback from the 70's

Naw it wouldn't. Most German clubs have safe standing areas and there's nothing daft looking about their grounds.

Seats can be put back in for European games. I don't see how it'd look stupid having a section that allowed standing if done safely.

Naw it wouldn't. Most German clubs have safe standing areas and there's nothing daft looking about their grounds.

Seats can be put back in for European games. I don't see how it'd look stupid having a section that allowed standing if done safely.

Aye it would, European football is a long way away so not worried about that or the seating/standing arrangements for it either, not worried about Germans either, this is Rangers i'm/we're talking about, no cunt cares about any other club.

Aye it would, European football is a long way away so not worried about that or the seating/standing arrangements for it either, not worried about Germans either, this is Rangers i'm/we're talking about, no cunt cares about any other club.

I'm fully aware we're talking about Rangers and imo it would improve atmosphere at Ibrox. I was using German football as an example of how it wouldn't look daft, I didn't ask your opinion on their football.

This. I've been in a standing section in Germany and the seats were locked (closed) in place. The atmosphere was amazing. The seats can be unlocked and used as seats when necessary. If fact you wouldn't really see much difference to the section with these installed.

Anyone who thinks this is a bad idea doesn't know what they're talking about IMO.

I'm fully aware we're talking about Rangers and imo it would improve atmosphere at Ibrox. I was using German football as an example of how it wouldn't look daft, I didn't ask your opinion on their football.

I'm giving you my opinion on their football, why would standing improve the atmosphere at Ibrox Williamson ? the only atmosphere generated at Ibrox is from BF1 and there is seats there already, the atmosphere is fine, what makes you think the atmosphere would be any better without seats ? the rest of the stadium is silent without the UB/BO so what makes you think the silent majority of ibrox ( 99%) would make noise without seats ?

This is a brilliant idea and something the club needs to seriously press on with. Obviously there would need to be consultations with ST holders but I'd have the entire Copland as a Safe Standing area like the German model which would turn into a seated section for Europe and potentially Old Firm games as I could see that being an issue with the police.

I'm giving you my opinion on their football, why would standing improve the atmosphere at Ibrox Williamson ? the only atmosphere generated at Ibrox is from BF1 and there is seats there already, the atmosphere is fine, what makes you think the atmosphere would be any better without seats ? the rest of the stadium is silent without the UB/BO so what makes you think the silent majority of ibrox ( 99%) would make noise without seats ?

The safe standing areas would give people who want to sing an area to do so. There are many more people within Ibrox that would love to be more vocal on matchday but can't as they'll either be moaned at by people around them or no cunt will join in.

The safe standing areas would give people who want to sing an area to do so. There are many more people within Ibrox that would love to be more vocal on matchday but can't as they'll either be moaned at by people around them or no cunt will join in.

I disagree with that buddy, people can be more vocal at the games regardless of seating/standing arrangements, they need no certain areas to do so, a lot of people will be against the standing areas in all stands as we have an age group from 60+ who's legs obviously couldn't take 90 mins of standing, i've been to a few away games this season and i'm only 28 and my legs can't take 90 mins of standing, what chance have the pensioners got ?.

This is a brilliant idea and something the club needs to seriously press on with. Obviously there would need to be consultations with ST holders but I'd have the entire Copland as a Safe Standing area like the German model which would turn into a seated section for Europe and potentially Old Firm games as I could see that being an issue with the police.

I believe the old SPL were on board with it and although this is about our fans we cdon't want to be second best to the scum on anything.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing

Yes we have pressing matters at the AGM but that doesn't mean all other business objectives come to a stop.

If someone can prove to me there is a real risk and not something mere fanciful based on old type stands then I'm all ears?