Sour grapes from guy with dodgy name

Carsons Dog

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to the lad, The Sun have sensationalised that story. From his actual quotes, he doesn't seem to be complaining too much about it, no more than Black complained last year anyway.

In regard to his comments about there being better teams than us in the competition and us not being that much better than them and other teams in the championship, he's bang on the money. We are a poor quality side. Having seen some SPL highlights this season on Goals on Sunday, there are teams in there who would play us off the park with ease.

Eh,fuck "the lad".

He is a grunting earl and his viewpoint is tainted by his bigoted upbringing(this is a guess,but that is what sectarian schools generally produce).

Our "poor quality" side will piss this league(with maybe not a point dropped),piss next years league and hand out a doing to any team bar the obvious(and I'm not admitting we would lose that one either!) in the cup.

You're suggesting we'd be played off the park by hibs,st.j,st.m,the sheep,motherw......ah wait,the mighty Albion Rovers saw to them.

Get real!

The wee prick is at it again speaking to Paul Murrays best mate this time

Falkirk star Conor McGrandles: Rangers won't win Scottish Cup.. playing us in the Championship is where they belong

02 December 2013 12:01 AM By Keith Jackson

THE Bairns midfielder was less than impressed with Rangers after the Ibrox side scored two late goals against Falkirk to progress to the fifth-round.

Conor McGrandles challenges Rangers captain Lee McCulloch

YOUNG gun Conor McGrandles has blasted back at Rangers by insisting Ally McCoist’s men are not Scottish Cup-winning material.

Falkirk’s highly rated 18-year-old was left heartbroken on Saturday when two late goals sent the Ibrox side into the hat for today’s fifth-round draw.

Now McCoist and his players are targeting a fairytale run to the final to bring the curtain down on their stroll to the League One title and promotion.

But an unimpressed McGrandles believes when they do make it into the Championship then they’ll have found their level.

The midfielder was part of the Falkirk side which was dumped out of the League Cup this season by a rampant Aberdeen in a 5-0 humiliation.

And he insists Rangers didn’t come close to hitting the same heights.

McGrandles said: “We learned from playing against Hibs in the Scottish Cup semi last year and we learned in a different way from the Aberdeen game earlier this season.

“We learned lessons in a different way against Rangers but they’ve all been good learning experiences.

“Rangers didn’t impress me the way Aberdeen did. I’d say when we played Aberdeen near enough 11 of their players were 10 out of 10. Based on the two performances, Aberdeen were the better team.

“I can’t see Rangers winning the Cup because there are better teams than them in the competition but then we reached the semi-final last year so anything is possible. Sometimes it’s not just about quality – it’s about how much you want it.

“Rangers will do well next season in the Championship because they have top-quality players. I don’t think they’re much better than us but they’ll do well in this league.”

Rangers needed Falkirk to be reduced to 10 men – courtesy of a dubious red card for defender David McCracken – before finally grinding Gary Holt’s youngsters into submission with goals by Nicky Law and David Templeton.

McGrandles added: “Before the match, we really believed we could cause an upset and win.

“The first half gave us a boost because they didn’t really break us down. With the sending-off we had to try to change our game plan, to go for a 0-0 or look for the counter-attack and nick a 1-0.

“It was disappointing to lose the goal and when we pushed people forward we left ourselves exposed at the back.”

Nicky Law celebrates putting Rangers in front late on

As the action raged on, McGrandles was also caught up in a furious exchange with Ian Black. And the youngster believes Black was bang out of order.

He said: “The ball came into me, I let it run through, then I felt he kicked me. He’d done it before twice and I was really unhappy so I thought I’d have a wee go at him. If someone’s going to kick you, you’re not going to let them get away with it. But you’ll do it in the right way and not try to hurt them, just have a wee word in their ear.

“He never said much, he was just staring at me. I was shouting at him.

“I thought it was a malicious tackle, I just thought he’d kicked me for no reason but sometimes players do that. I just need to get on with it.

“I enjoy taking on any player. It was good to play against good quality players. We showed that we’re as good as them so I was glad to play against Black.”

"Dubious red card" - Jacksons a prick anaw

Ian Black got dished out plenty of treatment from falkirk during the game and I don't hear him crying about it anywhere. this flakirk guy is being a big girls blouse. embarrssed for him

tell you what got me laughing the most during the Falkirk game was when one of their players got the ball booted straight into his nuts at high speed leaving him rolling about on the deck checking his goolies out to see if they still all there

he was sufferring alrite :lol:

"I thought it was a malicious tackle, I just thought he'd kicked me for no reason but sometimes players do that. I just need to get on with it.

since when does "getting on with it" involve going crying to the press

fucking idiot needs to grow some balls