Best game(non Rangers) you've been too

mrmojorisin

Real Madrid v Eintracht Frankfurt, Hampden 1960. Clinical demolition of a team that had taken 12 goals off Rangers over 2 games in the semi. Although initially gutted that the Gers were not there, on refelection, dread to think what they would have done to us.

This guy.

Just casually strolls in and says "I was at the greatest club football match ever played".

Ha!! I can beat that, went with my mates to that league cup final when the Jags fucked the tims 4-1,

Oh how we danced in Maryhill that night.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayr United vs Killie Scottish Cup 2009 at Somerset that finished 2-2, was in the Somserset Rd end when Ayr got a last minute equaliser. Was a cracking match and a really good atmosphere too. Also Chile vs Nigeria 4-1 was a decent game too with Zamorano tearing it up.

Scotland vs Czechoslovakia 1974, Wales vs Scotland at Anfield 1977 and Hajduk Split vs Red Star Belgrade early 70's in their cup competition, tiny ground with what seemed like the entire country packed in to the stadium, Hajduk winning 3-2 after being 2 - 1 down in the first half, the quality of the football was truly impresive

Been to a good few Man City games over the years and the Qpr game was a day I thought I would never see. I have been going down to see them since 1980 and suffered with a smile on my face. But that Aguero goal was a truly magical experience.

Can also remember gettin pished on bucky one midweek and ending up at Brockville in the Thistle end for a cup replay. Right up at the fence bouncing and staring at the Falkirk fans from half time til the end of extra time doin "Johnnie Lambies regular army!!" think it finished 4-3 to Falkirk. We came oot the ground soaked in sweat you wouldve thought we had been at a Rave..can remember a wee Falkirk fan begging the polis to "get that lot tae shut the fuck up...!!?"

Been to a few Morton games mostly against st mirren.

Went to Morton v Dundee unt last game of the season when both teams were going for promotion 2-2 United went up in the play-offs

Heading down to Stamford bridge next month for Chelsea v Man U. Hopefully be a good game.

Been to a few great Ice Hockey matches...

As far as football goes, I've been to see Wigan, Queens Park, Pollok, and not too many of those games were classics.

The juniors was class in its day. Pollok won the league when I was there and there was a mini pitch invasion haha I remember getting photographed with the cup and the squad for a local paper.