Club Metro: Boycott is only option

DonegalBear

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The recently appointed CEO, Graham Wallace, is the only member of the board who fans were unanimously happy about being re-elected.

How is that conclusion arrived at ? Based on those attending the AGM ? Was a survey done on exit - or is this based purely on speculation ?

There are two options for the fans. The first option is to sit back and watch. The second is for the fans to step up and fight for what they want. The most viable option is to boycott.

How about the fans respect the democratic process and give the board the 120 days they asked for to earn that trust ? How about those who pledged to respect the vote of the AGM stick to their word ? How about as per Jim McColl's suggestion we give the new appointees the opportunity to prove themselves ?

What is "viable" about starving the club so that those malcontented with the democratic process get their way ? What damage will such action do to the prospect of long term investment - if the rule of law is replaced by the rule of mob ?

The players deserve the fans support, Ally McCoist deserves the fans support, but do the board? Not a chance.

The remnants of that board appear to have appointed a CEO who has the respect of even those in the requisitioner camp - so why do they not deserve a chance ?

How is that conclusion arrived at ? Based on those attending the AGM ? Was a survey done on exit - or is this based purely on speculation ?

How about the fans respect the democratic process and give the board the 120 days they asked for to earn that trust ? How about those who pledged to respect the vote of the AGM stick to their word ? How about as per Jim McColl's suggestion we give the new appointees the opportunity to prove themselves ?

What is "viable" about starving the club so that those malcontented with the democratic process get their way ? What damage will such action do to the prospect of long term investment - if the rule of law is replaced by the rule of mob ?

The remnants of that board appear to have appointed a CEO who has the respect of even those in the requisitioner camp - so why do they not deserve a chance ?

Because you have replied without calling me a taig etc. then I am only too happy to respond.

The bit on Wallace goes on stuff I have read on forums and twitter, from what I can see the majority of fans are happy to give him a chance.

The last two I can answer as one, they've had their chance. Brian Stockbridge has been there how long? And seen how much money lost? I can't back him, and I'm disappointed that so many can sit back and watch him.

Because you have replied without calling me a taig etc. then I am only too happy to respond.

The bit on Wallace goes on stuff I have read on forums and twitter, from what I can see the majority of fans are happy to give him a chance.

The last two I can answer as one, they've had their chance. Brian Stockbridge has been there how long? And seen how much money lost? I can't back him, and I'm disappointed that so many can sit back and watch him.

Are you honestly telling me you are making such claims about what the vast majority of our fans want based on what you have read on twitter and forums ?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/21/an-ibrox-boycott-is-the-only-option-left-to-rangers-fans-now-4239066/

Agree? Disagree? Give it a read and share please. All opinions welcome as I'm sure plenty won't agree with it.

Too many suppositions. And I am still not quite sure of the point, if you succeed you will drive the club back into administration and believe it or not Paul Murray will talk a lot and still fail to take control.

Do you know the implications of a boycott? The implications of putting us back into administration or do you just enjoy playing Rangers monopoly?

Are you honestly telling me you are making such claims about what the vast majority of our fans want based on what you have read on twitter and forums ?

Also from the fans polls that have been done elsewhere. I respect your views D'Art, it's not purely twitter and forums, it's also from my interactions with fellow Rangers fans.

Also from the fans polls that have been done elsewhere. I respect your views D'Art, it's not purely twitter and forums, it's also from my interactions with fellow Rangers fans.

Yes but that depends on which fans you mix with dont you agree ?

Furthermore its a quantum leap to suggest that a few online polls (not reknowned for their accuracy) coupled with what you have read on twitter/forums and speaking to a few bears - reflects what the vast majority think.

"Despite the wishes of the majority of Rangers fans"?

How do you know what the majority of Rangers fans wish. I was at the game when the red card protest took place. At least as many refused to take part as actually did,so far as I could see. It's the wishes of the mhedia and a few fans reps who represent a minority your spouting.

Boycotting is not hat about 'opinion' and what not, it's a scummy thing to do end of, no debate

Scummy? Not at all. I am in no way expecting people to read it and think, yeah I'm going to boycott. I'm just giving my opinion on what should happen.

Yes but that depends on which fans you mix with dont you agree ?

Furthermore its a quantum leap to suggest that a few online polls (not reknowned for their accuracy) coupled with what you have read on twitter/forums and speaking to a few bears - reflects what the vast majority think.

It does, but I tend to mix with a range of fans. Plenty agreed with me and some disagreed. I knew a lot would disagree and completely respect that, I just don't appreciate being called a taig or a Celtic fan to be honest. Firstly because taig is a horrible work that shouldn't be used, and secondly cause I'm not a Celtic fan.

The Dundee United experience last season proved that any boycott (no matter how well intended) only tends to split the fans further.

(At the time I thought that boycott was correct, as it appeared to be one of the few weapons we could fight back with, but in hindsight it shows that boycotts tend to have too much of a negative effect)

Scummy? Not at all. I am in no way expecting people to read it and think, yeah I'm going to boycott. I'm just giving my opinion on what should happen.

It does, but I tend to mix with a range of fans. Plenty agreed with me and some disagreed. I knew a lot would disagree and completely respect that, I just don't appreciate being called a taig or a Celtic fan to be honest. Firstly because taig is a horrible work that shouldn't be used, and secondly cause I'm not a Celtic fan.

Are any of them Rangers fans?

Advocating boycotts is advocating the murder of our own club, don't try and dress it up. Without working capital Rangers die.

I didn't call you a taig, fancy responding to my question?

Why you 'boycotters' want to go to war with the club is beyond me. What do you think it will achieve?