Loyalty - We expect it but dont always give it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we demand loyalty, but we only offer conditional loyalty based on form in return? Realism, but hardly the stuff of a great recruitment campaign.

I dont see how we can possibly begrudge the players the option to have rejected the TUPE, if we would have shit canned them as soon as their form had dropped.

We demand they put the club before themselves, granted very few ever do, yet that is what is asked. They are paid to do a job, which if they do well then they will be rewarded both in material wealth and adoration by 40,000 fans.

If they fail in their job, then they should work harder or move on.

The TUPE option is a red herring. The CLUB needed them to transfer over, the same club that gave them the platform and the wages that allowed them to find alternative employment down South. They took all of that and gave nothing back. I don't understand why you find that difficult.

We demand they put the club before themselves, granted very few ever do, yet that is what is asked. They are paid to do a job, which if they do well then they will be rewarded both in material wealth and adoration by 40,000 fans.

If they fail in their job, then they should work harder or move on.

The TUPE option is a red herring. The CLUB needed them to transfer over, the same club that gave them the platform and the wages that allowed them to find alternative employment down South. They took all of that and gave nothing back. I don't understand why you find that difficult.

I dont believe the club did need them to transfer over. In fact the club did such a shit job of the consultation, that I wonder if it was intentional.

I dont believe the club did need them to transfer over. In fact the club did such a shit job of the consultation, that I wonder if it was intentional.

Why was consultation needed? The club continued on, did ANYONE expect the players to shit on our doorstep? Let's face it, the players saw an opportunity to break contract, get a nice fat signing on fee instead of the club receiving a small transfer fee. I struggle to understand your motive for defending their actions.

In fact, in any ordinary administration and sale of business, almost all employees would be ecstatic at having their contracts honoured. Why was it only the players that refused to TUPE over? Answer, because they could get more out of it personally by breaking contract.

You may or may not be right.

As all the prime movers from that point in our 'journey' have been hounded out, we may never know, nor have access to, the truth of the matter.

You may or may not be right.

As all the prime movers from that point in our 'journey' have been hounded out, we may never know, nor have access to, the truth of the matter.

Sorry I don't buy it. In any administration, employees will not be looking to refuse to TUPE over as they leave employment with NOTHING. It would be expected that all employees would TUPE over.

These players saw an opportunity to break contract, shaft the club out of any transfer fee, however small and line their own pockets with signing on fees.

Why was consultation needed? The club continued on, did ANYONE expect the players to shit on our doorstep? Let's face it, the players saw an opportunity to break contract, get a nice fat signing on fee instead of the club receiving a small transfer fee. I struggle to understand your motive for defending their actions.

Why was consultation needed? Are you serious?

I struggle to see a case where consultation would be required more than here! Whyte's chaotic reign followed by the uncertainty and doubts over the CVA and resulting NewCo left everyone confused as to what was next.

I am the one struggling to see why everyone wants to hate our ex players. I always look fondly upon the achievements these guys made, why are people determined to sour it over something so unimportant? You admit that the fees we would receive would be small, once the wages and loyalty payments came off, we would be lucky to make anything out the deal.

Sorry I don't buy it. In any administration, employees will not be looking to refuse to TUPE over as they leave employment with NOTHING. It would be expected that all employees would TUPE over.

These players saw an opportunity to break contract, shaft the club out of any transfer fee, however small and line their own pockets with signing on fees.

Not true, there are many examples of employees rejecting TUPE agreements outside of football. It is important that the employees are made aware of their rights.

Why was consultation needed? Are you serious?

I struggle to see a case where consultation would be required more than here! Whyte's chaotic reign followed by the uncertainty and doubts over the CVA and resulting NewCo left everyone confused as to what was next.

I am the one struggling to see why everyone wants to hate our ex players. I always look fondly upon the achievements these guys made, why are people determined to sour it over something so unimportant? You admit that the fees we would receive would be small, once the wages and loyalty payments came off, we would be lucky to make anything out the deal.

Small would have been infinitely better than nothing, in case you aren't aware, we're not flush with cash at the moment. The players made a decision to break contract and shaft the club. If they are confused as to why the fans turned on them, then I suspect there is no help for them.

The fans paid their wages, the fans saved this club, the players acted like mercenaries and should fully expect to be treated like mercenaries from the fans.

Small would have been infinitely better than nothing, in case you aren't aware, we're not flush with cash at the moment. The players made a decision to break contract and shaft the club. If they are confused as to why the fans turned on them, then I suspect there is no help for them.

The fans paid their wages, the fans saved this club, the players acted like mercenaries and should fully expect to be treated like mercenaries from the fans.

Your right, we are not flush with cash, so in the unlikely event that we didnt actually make a loss if they transferred over, then it might have helped pay off some of the millions spunked up the wall on the faithful Goian and Boca who took money out of the club yet seem to be regarded by the fans as hero's for 'not walking away'.

Damn right they wouldnt walk away, that was until they had their contracts paid out and they skipped merrily into the distance.

Not true, there are many examples of employees rejecting TUPE agreements outside of football. It is important that the employees are made aware of their rights.

What is it you are arguing about? The law gives them their rights, yes but it is the person they are which would determined whether they would shit on the club or not.

For those that chose to shit on the club, they should fully expect the wrath of the fans. What is right is often overlooked by what is convenient.

What is it you are arguing about? The law gives them their rights, yes but it is the person they are which would determined whether they would shit on the club or not.

For those that chose to shit on the club, they should fully expect the wrath of the fans. What is right is often overlooked by what is convenient.

But I dont think they did 'shit on the club', if anything I think the club 'shat on them'.

It seems that the club woefully fell short in its obligations to these players, for whatever reason, and they exercised the rights offered to each and every other person in the country.

You can hate them if you want, you are entitled to your opinion.

I would welcome back Aluko and McGregor in a heartbeat though, as long as the contracts were good value.

Because it's a business as well, it needs to make money.

Paying top dollar in a pub league is not good business - unless you're making enough money to cover that expenditure, which we are not

This part of the conversation was about sportsmanship and standards not business basics - and we should be demonstrating the highest standards of sportsmanship - a concept ailien to a few prolific posters in here

It's a business business standards apply, if you require Corinthian values stick with the amateurs.

. And you somehow think that being in a business is an excuse for not demonstrating the highest levels of sportsmanship and ethics - feeble - very feeble - I expect more from our club as I think do the majority of our fans

But I dont think they did 'shit on the club', if anything I think the club 'shat on them'.

It seems that the club woefully fell short in its obligations to these players, for whatever reason, and they exercised the rights offered to each and every other person in the country.

You can hate them if you want, you are entitled to your opinion.

I would welcome back Aluko and McGregor in a heartbeat though, as long as the contracts were good value.

Aye, by paying them millions and putting them right on the footballing map in CL games etc, we really shat on them.

. And you somehow think that being in a business is an excuse for not demonstrating the highest levels of sportsmanship and ethics - feeble - very feeble - I expect more from our club as I think do the majority of our fans

I take it you don't apply ethics to players..sportsmanship not to many of them can even spell it, ethics in business you are seriously having a laugh..ever heard of the City when you are turning around whatever it is you turnaround. (tu)

Aye, by paying them millions and putting them right on the footballing map in CL games etc, we really shat on them.

They earned what we thought they were worth. Club still had a duty to keep them informed during the turmoil and it seems this duty was very much ignored.

They earned what we thought they were worth. Club still had a duty to keep them informed during the turmoil and it seems this duty was very much ignored.

Informed of what? What could they possibly have been told that we weren't all aware of? Whole situation with our league status was up in the air for everyone until the votes and negotiations took place.

It's a pitiful excuse tbh but I know you're a big fan of these guys now and are unlikely to change your mind.

I take it you don't apply ethics to players..sportsmanship not to many of them can even spell it, ethics in business you are seriously having a laugh..ever heard of the City when you are turning around whatever it is you turnaround. (tu)

I know that to be a good business you have to keep your word - deliver on time - look after your customers - have a good product - treat your suppliers well - none of that means I am out to shaft my suppliers and fleece my customers, the opposite is true - I look after my clients, customers, and suppliers - businesses that fail to do that do that almost inevitably fail - but then again I am good at what I do ( and no I ain't modest) and not just making it up to sound like I know how it works like the Internet commentators we have - like you!

Informed of what? What could they possibly have been told that we weren't all aware of? Whole situation with our league status was up in the air for everyone until the votes and negotiations took place.

It's a pitiful excuse tbh but I know you're a big fan of these guys now and are unlikely to change your mind.

It might be that I worked in HR and any time dealing with TUPE situations, the guidance was always clear. You keep the staff informed at all times, be as open and honest as you possibly can.

Staff briefings, question and answer sessions, the whole lot. Apparently none of this happened with us.

The club should have went to the players and stated what would their view would be depending on what the outcome of our league status :-

1. Stay in SPL, nothing changes.

2. Drop a division, can leave with good wishes for a certain fee etc.

3. Drop to the bottom tier, leave for a token fee.

4. Club does not get membership, contracts tore up, free to go.

I just think the approach taken by the club was wrong. Greens overly aggressive insistence that he had 'bought the players contracts' just served to antagonise them.