Loyalty - We expect it but dont always give it.

I struggle with this.

The way CG went about his business in dealing with these players was questionable. He clearly wanted the fans on side but the playing budget cut. In some ways his handling of the situation was a masterstroke. The players left, the wage bill was reduced, the players were regarded by all and sundry as traitors and CG, a new comer with no history with the Club, was the Man to fight anyone who stood against Rangers. With hindsight it was perhaps all a little to good to be true.

Scurrilous talk. :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As individuals (albeit some pairing up to gather bravery) a number of self-professed Rangers fans, who also happened to be players, walked away from the club. This was at the precise time the club and its fans needed stability and solidarity. Those employees of the club deserted a ship they thought was sinking. It was not. If they cannot admit they made a terrible mistake, then they really need to question themselves as to their understanding of what it means to be a fan, and the definition of loyalty.

And what about those who stay outwith Glasgow and need to get back home?

I fully understand the NI supporters staying, as they are limited to the ferry times and may enjoy a swift cold one but those who live in Fife, for example, may have children who need their beds (on week night games) or they may have functions to go to on a Saturday evening. Jeez, they may just want to beat the traffic and get home to their wife (although that is pushing it).

It's all well and good stating that leaving a game early is not great but if that person paid their money, they are entitled to leave when they want. They are no less a supporter than those who stay to the end and it has bugger all to do with loyalty!

Well I have to get back to the east coast, and the problem I find with leaving early to beat the traffic is that everyone os doing it and so no one beats the traffic. I'm not trying to say folk should not leave early, I'm just puzzeled as to why they do when they know they've got a match to attend and all the related travelling problems that may cause.

I just feel the players may think the fans are not being as loyal as they'd prefer them to be when they all seem to have other pressing matters to attend to when going to games.

And what about those who stay outwith Glasgow and need to get back home?

I fully understand the NI supporters staying, as they are limited to the ferry times and may enjoy a swift cold one but those who live in Fife, for example, may have children who need their beds (on week night games) or they may have functions to go to on a Saturday evening. Jeez, they may just want to beat the traffic and get home to their wife (although that is pushing it).

It's all well and good stating that leaving a game early is not great but if that person paid their money, they are entitled to leave when they want. They are no less a supporter than those who stay to the end and it has bugger all to do with loyalty!

Part of me thinks it's admirable that folk travel so far for a glimpse of their team.

Another part of me thinks I wouldn't go to a film where I knew I'd have to leave before the end, so why would I do that with football or anything else?

I struggle with this.

The way CG went about his business in dealing with these players was questionable. He clearly wanted the fans on side but the playing budget cut. In some ways his handling of the situation was a masterstroke. The players left, the wage bill was reduced, the players were regarded by all and sundry as traitors and CG, a new comer with no history with the Club, was the Man to fight anyone who stood against Rangers. With hindsight it was perhaps all a little to good to be true.

You mean like Steve Davis who ensured the club got their share?

(If the SFA hadn't stolen it of course)

These guys bolted and pocketed huge signing on fees.

They stole from The Rangers.

I used to be angry at the so called 'traitors' who did not transfer over to us, but I must admit I have mellowed to them all with the exception of 2.

What gets me though is that there seems to be a fair but of hypocrisy in the minds of the fans.

We demand these employees transfer over, yet many fans (including myself) are looking for the club to trim the wage bill by shit canning guys like Perry who are just not good enough. They showed loyalty, but are deemed not good enough to get any from us. Its harsh, but thats the reality of the matter.

We then have our very own Rangers legend managing the club. He transferred over his contract through TUPE, yet more and more of the fan base want him to be replaced. He has continued to show loyalty throughout this period, but at the end of the day its not quite enough to get our support.

I just find there to be a fair bit of hypocrisy in how fans think. I include myself in this category as well, so not aiming this to have a go at anyone in particular.

£800k buys a lot of loyalty, I and everyone I know would jumped at the chance of signing for The Rangers first time, seems not everyone has/had that sort of commitment or loyalty. (tu)

They didnt steal from Rangers.

Boca and Goian are probably closer to having stolen from Rangers, but even that is not fair to say.

I used to be angry at the so called 'traitors' who did not transfer over to us, but I must admit I have mellowed to them all with the exception of 2.

What gets me though is that there seems to be a fair but of hypocrisy in the minds of the fans.

We demand these employees transfer over, yet many fans (including myself) are looking for the club to trim the wage bill by shit canning guys like Perry who are just not good enough. They showed loyalty, but are deemed not good enough to get any from us. Its harsh, but thats the reality of the matter.

We then have our very own Rangers legend managing the club. He transferred over his contract through TUPE, yet more and more of the fan base want him to be replaced. He has continued to show loyalty throughout this period, but at the end of the day its not quite enough to get our support.

I just find there to be a fair bit of hypocrisy in how fans think. I include myself in this category as well, so not aiming this to have a go at anyone in particular.

I didnt expect any loyalty from any player with us when we were in the top league, its a short career and I think theres nothing wrong with them not fancying to play in the 4th tier. My issue is it was done to make sure we never got a fee, they all played up on the fact they were Rangers men during the time they were her but when we could have done with a fee they all looked after number 1

Davis didn't do anything did he? Southampton agreed some compo, he still walked out like the rest.

That hypocrisy exists quite a bit I'm afraid - especially towards Ally - but also folk like Jim Sinclair - bit one of the issues is we do need to transition players - and less often manager - to move forward.

However we also get it when we do thinks like laugh at celtics crowd vs reported attendance - but we as a club so the same - we also expect to be able to 'defend ' our team but get all uppity when other supporters defend their team

At some point we need to remember this is a sport - and it is the highest sporting ideals we should live to and not the morals of some gutter war !

That hypocrisy exists quite a bit I'm afraid - especially towards Ally - but also folk like Jim Sinclair - bit one of the issues is we do need to transition players - and less often manager - to move forward.

However we also get it when we do thinks like laugh at celtics crowd vs reported attendance - but we as a club so the same - we also expect to be able to 'defend ' our team but get all uppity when other supporters defend their team

At some point we need to remember this is a sport - and it is the highest sporting ideals we should live to and not the morals of some gutter war !

It isn't sport it's a business just ask those who make a living from it.

It isn't sport it's a business just ask those who make a living from it.

So? many businesses work to high ethical standards as well - they are not in compatible concepts - we should not strive for the lowest common denominator but the highest

Well I have to get back to the east coast, and the problem I find with leaving early to beat the traffic is that everyone os doing it and so no one beats the traffic. I'm not trying to say folk should not leave early, I'm just puzzeled as to why they do when they know they've got a match to attend and all the related travelling problems that may cause.

I just feel the players may think the fans are not being as loyal as they'd prefer them to be when they all seem to have other pressing matters to attend to when going to games.

Leaving at full-time meant that we were almost an hour later getting home, than if we left 5 minutes before the end. This was from parking in the Albion and having our seats in the Broomloan Rear. I suppose it all depends on where you sit and park.

Part of me thinks it's admirable that folk travel so far for a glimpse of their team.

Another part of me thinks I wouldn't go to a film where I knew I'd have to leave before the end, so why would I do that with football or anything else?

We always left IF we were content with the result. If the result was in doubt, we always remained in our seats and supported the team.

So? many businesses work to high ethical standards as well - they are not in compatible concepts - we should not strive for the lowest common denominator but the highest

What is incompatible is paying top dollar in a pub league or paying for a Roller and getting the value of a Lada. (tu)

What is incompatible is paying top dollar in a pub league or paying for a Roller and getting the value of a Lada. (tu)

But Rangers and Celtic have always had the top budgets in Scotland. The fact that three tiers separated us last term and two this term, should not mean the budget should be reduced - surely? #superally

This is just another pro ally thread.

When you talk about players tupe over, and not cutting it, its harsh but fair.

But theres a hypocrisy when its ally as hes shown loyalty but isnt supported?

Its all about the club and if a player or manager isnt good enough then that is it.

Get better in.

Blind loyalty will do us more harm than harsh reality.

We always left IF we were content with the result. If the result was in doubt, we always remained in our seats and supported the team.

I have a 404 mile round trip, so a few minutes one way or the other means little in the overall scheme of things & I always stay to the end. Travelling that far, I don't want to miss a thing!

I appreciate that others may have a different take on this.

It's not hard. Rangers comes first. We demand loyalty, and with true loyalty to Rangers, players who cannot cut it, or managers, will seek other options for the good of the club.

If they don't do so voluntarily, then we'll move them on.

As someone said above, it is not blind loyality. All players are paid VERY well for playing for us, if they don't cut it, they should move on and find somewhere else, not leech. McCoist should be having a word in a few players ears telling them their time is up at Rangers and they should look for other options.

It's not hard. Rangers comes first. We demand loyalty, and with true loyalty to Rangers, players who cannot cut it, or managers, will seek other options for the good of the club.

If they don't do so voluntarily, then we'll move them on.

As someone said above, it is not blind loyality. All players are paid VERY well for playing for us, if they don't cut it, they should move on and find somewhere else, not leech. McCoist should be having a word in a few players ears telling them their time is up at Rangers and they should look for other options.

So we demand loyalty, but we only offer conditional loyalty based on form in return? Realism, but hardly the stuff of a great recruitment campaign.

I dont see how we can possibly begrudge the players the option to have rejected the TUPE, if we would have shit canned them as soon as their form had dropped.