Ally rages at SPFL and fixture scheduling

nvager

We've got a big enough squad to cope with the schedule. Ally will just have to rotate some of the players we have at our disposal.

think you have missed the point of the article

We've got a big enough squad to cope with the schedule. Ally will just have to rotate some of the players we have at our disposal.

Think you have missed the point of the article , his concern is over the fans

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It hinged on the manager's inability to know his best team .. but you already knew that although you don't like to admit it...

Ok, it has been fun but I do have a life to live so i won't attempt to have any sensible discussions with you in future, your inability to engage is just a little bit too irritating.

Whereas you don't register even as an irritation... :pipe:

C'mon guys be nice to each other -.................the NY has hardly begun.

Bears are too quick to jump on each other. There will always be different opinions. I am always right, but am understanding of others. You guys should be too. :pipe:

It's academic really but I wonder what the reaction of Charles Green would have been to this sort of scheduling. And Craig Mather. As I recall it Green had (rightly) no time for messrs Doncaster and Regan. And Mather was quick enough to say that Rangers' voice would be heard. In all the Boardroom turmoil I do wonder if it has it simply been the case that the voice we have is not effective enough and speaking after the event as Ally has done only serves to highlight that a fixture schedule has be set (dictated) that Rangers does not approve of.

Doncaster and Regan are still there. They've got away with their active harm agendas so far. And behind the scenes still able to engineer fixtures to suit that agenda perhaps (why not have a good old consiparacy theory running on this because after all - they are still there - and no Rangers Board has yet toughened up to them as far as I know, so opportunity to make life difficult for us must surely be there). Having raised the point Ally has (as far as I'm aware) not yet said what he thinks can a and should be done to halt that sort of fixture scheduling that financially disadvantages Rangers Supporters and which disadvantages his squad in having to play so many games in so many days. His views on what can and should be done about this would make welcome reading.

Ally can get a torrid time on this board at times, a lot of its justified but a lot of it is just hyperbole but on occassions like this he just doesn't help himself, 12 other SPFL clubs have had to play 4 games in 11 days, 4 clubs have played 4 games in 10 days, we also moved our fixture 2 weeks ago to Boxing Day when we could have moved it to Sunday the 22nd, thats a club call.

We've also postponed 3 fixtures already this season, whether I agree with those decisions or not is irrelevant but it was the clubs right to have that choice so in choosing to do so it also gives us a problem of fixture backlogs.

I can understand Ally's frustration but its a selfish frustration and when less equipped clubs deal with it then he should really know better.

Ally can get a torrid time on this board at times, a lot of its justified but a lot of it is just hyperbole but on occassions like this he just doesn't help himself, 12 other SPFL clubs have had to play 4 games in 11 days, 4 clubs have played 4 games in 10 days, we also moved our fixture 2 weeks ago to Boxing Day when we could have moved it to Sunday the 22nd, thats a club call.

@splstats ? Ur spot on mate

We've also postponed 3 fixtures already this season, whether I agree with those decisions or not is irrelevant but it was the clubs right to have that choice so in choosing to do so it also gives us a problem of fixture backlogs.

I can understand Ally's frustration but its a selfish frustration and when less equipped clubs deal with it then he should really know better.

An absolutely fantastic post that will get lost in the usual "we love ally who can do no wrong" replies

While its nothing new for us to get shafted fixture wise Allys complaints are a bit late with the games already played and as hes called off a few himself due to the odd call up from Scotland or Norther Iron, hes being a little disingenuous with his indignation here. Normally i would agree with Ally on this but i think he might be trying to take the heat off himself and put it on the ever popular newco SPL.

His real point is the stupidity of playing 4 games in 11 days and then nothing for nearly a week and a half after it. It is stupid for all the teams that have to do it, and not fair on fans who have to shell out a lot in a short space of time - especially if they get paid weekly.

His real point is the stupidity of playing 4 games in 11 days and then nothing for nearly a week and a half after it. It is stupid for all the teams that have to do it, and not fair on fans who have to shell out a lot in a short space of time - especially if they get paid weekly.

That was a club decision though, we could have played on the 22nd of December instead of the 26th, that would have been 4 games in 15 days which is nowhere near as bad and also given the players and fans a chance to spend xmas with their families instead of preparing for a game on Boxing Day

That was a club decision though, we could have played on the 22nd of December instead of the 26th, that would have been 4 games in 15 days which is nowhere near as bad and also given the players and fans a chance to spend xmas with their families instead of preparing for a game on Boxing Day

spot on !!!