Bburn M.City/FA Cup Proves

JamieG54

Just watched Man City with a world class team play out a 1-1 draw away at Championship side Blackburn.

Blackburn have burst my coupons getting silly results at home this season yet they can take on and actually be the better side against City. Made me think about us and how the team we play raise their game like a cup match. People dismiss this theory but its true. Yes they are part time teams we play but our quality of player isnt the greatest. If you compare today Toure Silva Dzeko to Blackburn then its levels and levels apart.

It may be an arrogance issue.... City think they will win before they step on the park...some of our players being clear in the league may expect to win without giving 100%. Yet when the little team raises their game it matches the rate of players not being motivated enough.

I'm sure you will see this in other FA cup matches today. Point is we are playing cup matches as these teams may never play us for some time after this season. That's why I think the criticism on here at times with Ally and our team is exaggerated.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a one off game though mate ... not the dross we watch most weeks,

But if you put City in League One for a season there is no way you would get them winning 4-0 plus every match. Just wouldnt happen and it would throw up a lot of poor performances due to teams raising their level. Airdrie have been rank rotten this season. If they played the same way against us as they did Stenhousemuir and Dunfermline then we would have won by quite a fee more goals. Fact is it was their biggest game at home and they upped it by probably 20-30%

Blackburn who were an established top flight team just the season before last?

Yeah, brilliant comparison to our situation....

You don't play 38 cup games either

Thats like me saying did you see our team two years ago? Two years is a long time and Blackburn are poor this year.

Just watched Man City with a world class team play out a 1-1 draw away at Championship side Blackburn.

Blackburn have burst my coupons getting silly results at home this season yet they can take on and actually be the better side against City. Made me think about us and how the team we play raise their game like a cup match. People dismiss this theory but its true. Yes they are part time teams we play but our quality of player isnt the greatest. If you compare today Toure Silva Dzeko to Blackburn then its levels and levels apart.

It may be an arrogance issue.... City think they will win before they step on the park...some of our players being clear in the league may expect to win without giving 100%. Yet when the little team raises their game it matches the rate of players not being motivated enough.

I'm sure you will see this in other FA cup matches today. Point is we are playing cup matches as these teams may never play us for some time after this season. That's why I think the criticism on here at times with Ally and our team is exaggerated.

Blackburn are levels and levels apart from the shite we play against. The EPL and the championship in England is levels and levels apart from every league in Scotland.

Even on the money side of things Blackburn are miles in front of everyone in Scotland.

It's nothing like what Rangers are up against as it's not about hate / religion in England the way it is here. Blackburn are a good side name one side that has played good against us? all there interested in is hacking and making a name for themselves in kicking a Rangers player.

Thats why Scottish football will always be a fucking joke and the English will always laugh at it.

I don't think people get so angry at the odd result, most of allys criticism comes after victory. It's the constant awful football we play, not to mention changing ur team to hold on against part timers. I don't think it's to much to ask to play good football.

But if you put City in League One for a season there is no way you would get them winning 4-0 plus every match. Just wouldnt happen and it would throw up a lot of poor performances due to teams raising their level. Airdrie have been rank rotten this season. If they played the same way against us as they did Stenhousemuir and Dunfermline then we would have won by quite a fee more goals. Fact is it was their biggest game at home and they upped it by probably 20-30%

It's an absolute myth that all these teams, every game, raise their game and play like it's their own wee cup final. That's nonsense IMO ... most of the time they look pish and we get dragged to their level.

Fair point!

Rhats 1 Arbroath 1 last season and Ra Sellick 0 Morton 1 reinforces it.

Two dodgy results ok ... what about the endless 3-0 thrashings against teams like Berwick and Peterhead they've done in other cup games .... if I wanted I could go through the tarriers results and do a proper comparison

Blackburn are levels and levels apart from the shite we play against. The EPL and the championship in England is levels and levels apart from every league in Scotland.

Even on the money side of things Blackburn are miles in front of everyone in Scotland.

It's nothing like what Rangers are up against as it's not about hate / religion in England the way it is here. Blackburn are a good side name one side that has played good against us? all there interested in is hacking and making a name for themselves in kicking a Rangers player.

Thats why Scottish football will always be a fucking joke and the English will always laugh at it.

Man City with the players and money are above more levels in ability v Blackburn or any Championship side than our team v league one this season.

Blackburn. A team who train five days a week, and pay players thousands a week.

Stranraer. A team who train twice a week, and pay their players less than junior teams do. A team whos main defender came off a nightshift a few weeks ago as a fireman to play football.

Aye, what a great comparison.

Blackburn who were an established top flight team just the season before last?

Yeah, brilliant comparison to our situation....

You don't play 38 cup games either

Tell the other teams that - even Andy fking walker has said the smaller team treat playing Rangers like a cup match in the league

I am sure when we look at the da cup results today there will be few big teams who hump smaller teams and that most games are tight and close but on reflection the bigger teams will win more often than not -

Tell the other teams that - even Andy fking walker has said the smaller team treat playing Rangers like a cup match in the league

I am sure when we look at the da cup results today there will be few big teams who hump smaller teams and that most games are tight and close but on reflection the bigger teams will win more often than not -

For the 273744748th time it's not just about results but performances.

Too often we're brutal even if we do win.

Manchester City do not give a shit about the FA Cup. If that is all they win this season then the manager will be sacked. Any comparisons with our situation and the crap stuff that McCoist is responsible for are just not appropriate.

Some right deluded Rangers fans like BP on here. "Aye but we won" So fuck it's agsint a shower of part timers and we were shite.

Thats the point.

When Rangers fans start accepting us playing shite most weeks but just winning is really fucking sad.

We are the club that sets the standard in this country, the club they all hate, but wish they were. When we start to accept mediocrity, we just become another club. If people want to support "just another club" then there's plenty of Dundee Utd's and Aberdeens about the country, go and follow them.

People are forever quoting Bill Struth, let me tell you something this man would be embarrassed at the standards this club is putting forward right now.