Challenge from Hearts next season?

charlesblue

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Hearts will be a difficult side to play against next season. They will be out of admin by then and be in a better postion to compete. They will also have a team of youngsters who have experience of playing top flight football. Though i doubt they will get close to us, they will be a lot better than most realise. They will also be right up for it.

Hearts are still needing to cut the wage bill, the youngsters they have just now may need to leave at the end of the season.

Hearts are in a far worse nick than we were when we were demoted, they have no hope of keeping any of their better pro's.

They will be worse.

We still retained Wallace, Alexander, Jig, Little, Hutton while adding Shiels, Templeton ect so it won't be the same situation at all IMO.

They won't have the money to bring in any quality and will be goign with their youth and whatever freebies are going.

They will struggle big time.

good points - I hope they do bring something to the table though, It would help the league in terms of interest and we could do with playing at as high a standard as possible prior to re-entering the SPL. But your right if they lose the core of 1st team players they have at the moment it will be a real struggle for them.

good points - I hope they do bring something to the table though, It would help the league in terms of interest and we could do with playing at as high a standard as possible prior to re-entering the SPL. But your right if they lose the core of 1st team players they have at the moment it will be a real struggle for them.

It would be fantastic for us if they remained strong but I just don't see it. They will need to be quick and thorough in the free market to do a job next season.

We are unique in that we kept some good players and had the fan base to attract better ones than the rest, Hearts really don't have that pull.

Personally don't think hearts will be our main challengers next season, I think it will be Dundee, we won't walk it like this season but should win it by 10-15 points. Living in Edinburgh I know a few hearts fans and the majority of them think they are going to run away with it because we are having to sell all our best players and will be in admin by April!!! You couldn't make it up.

I don't see a challenge from Hearts. The main benefit they bring for us is having away games at an OK ground that's easy to get to. We also get to make it clear that they 'done us wrong' and we are not forgiving them. I don't wish the club any long term harm, just a wee taste of what we have had to put up with.

the last time Heart went down it nearly killed the club as the arse fell out of the attendaces and they were in better nick than they are now. I agree with the post that put Dundee FC as our main challenger. Dundee are ok with me but Hearts = :drugang:

tactically hearts are better than us at the moment. In terms of players ability we trounce them. I expect we don't lose against them but wouldn't rule out a draw when we meet.

:lol:

How do you work that one out then? Seen any of their games this season?

:lol:

How do you work that one out then? Seen any of their games this season?

Yep they have this innovative idea of trying different stuff than constant long balls in the air and an 11 man defense at corners. You should watch if u ever get bored of how woeful Ally has us playing.

Yep they have this innovative idea of trying different stuff than constant long balls in the air and an 11 man defense at corners. You should watch if u ever get bored of how woeful Ally has us playing.

When you say trying different stuff you mean?

I've watched Hearts this season, to they they're tactically ahead of us is nonsense. Too many people have got themselves entrenched in pro/anti Ally ways of thinking. It's a myth we have no tactics.

This is also the hearts team on negative three points we're on about here.

If Hearts come out of Admin before the end of the season and we have to make significant cuts to the playing budget, we might find next season difficult generally. On the other hand, we should still have access to resources that dwarf those available to everyone else in the division. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Like getting humped by everybody

Started a thread a while ago about future boycotts and everyone thought it was all water under the bridge.

Still, I struggle to see why anyone would want to go to Tynecastle and fund that lot next season. It could eventually be Rangers Fans' money that helps make the difference and keeps them alive.