North Rd

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our plan is to maintain a playing wage bill in region of 6-7 m. Wallace said out current bill is too high for the top division. Can we win the league on that sort of budget? Resounding NO! We need to wake up to the fact we require funds beyond what we will naturally generate in the next couple of years.

For all those who think DK should just buy the club, how do you suppose he could achieve this?

There are actually very few shares available for sale just now. He could perhaps buy a few for 27p but as soon as the market realises that DK is looking to buy, the share price will rise steeply. Once he accumulated 30% he would then be faced with the added difficulty of being forced by law to offer to buy all the remaining shares at the highest price achieved over the previous 12 months. That is currently 88p. In short, I reckon DK would probably have to spend about £50m if he were to attempt a takeover just now - and not a penny of that would go to Rangers!

Would it not be far more sensible (from his point of view) to wait until there is a new share issue? The current market value of the club is about £18m. If DK were to invest £18m then, on paper at least, the value of the club would immediately double so he would expect to be allocated 50% of the shares. That way both he and the club are winners.

The existing big shareholders, for obvious reasons, are desperate for DK to attempt a takeover. However, they do not have time on their side. As the cash reserves run out, they will have to choose between administration or a new share issue. It trully is a game of cat and mouse.

Must have missed you having a go at Easdales, Wallace, etc for giving interviews to the anti-RFC media.

Feel free to link to any of your posts I missed.

you miss a lot then

though you wont have seen me have a go at wallace directly

i had a go at the requirment for proper rangers fan to be advising people like him and that we do not have any of those in the current RFC setup

though, to be fair, it wasnt posted on here

the lot of them care more for their personal press than the standard that they should adopt

The filth are more important than ever - We need that focus. Focus from a footballing perspective.

King aint daft, he is cutting to the chase with the large majority of fans here.

And if that is the focus of many then we will continue to be this supposed big club when in reality we are nothing more than a joke across Europe. The team the big boys want to face because they know it's a guaranteed win.

The focus should be on Rangers. What we do. What we can achieve and not what others do. The minute we become so obsessed and parochial again is the day we lose the opportunity to become that big club we all think we are.

The guy put 20 million of his own cash into the club and got nothing back.How many of you would still be backing the Gers after that kind of loss? He`s old school.We are Rangers and second best is not an option,good for him. He`ll move in when he sees the opportunity,as he`s on record as saying he`s only interested if he`s calling the shots.Good on ye,Davy boy!

Well said mate

you miss a lot then

though you wont have seen me have a go at wallace directly

i had a go at the requirment for proper rangers fan to be advising people like him and that we do not have any of those in the current RFC setup

though, to be fair, it wasnt posted on here

the lot of them care more for their personal press than the standard that they should adopt

No problem (tu)

There is a huge amount of hypocrisy on here with regards to "interviews with the mhedia".

Do we need to discount King before he's had a chance to get involved, the guy has said he wants to invest in Rangers not buy shares off investers. What we need to do is finish the 120 day assessment stabilise the company and then look at requirements for moving forward.

I have been slightly surprised by the boardroom supporters on here stressing over the 15% wage reduction, these players have Ironclad contracts with Rangers, if there is any reduction it would be an individual choice made during negotiation on a one to one basis with the player and CEO, think this is Wallace using his smarts here.

Has he bought a controlling interest in the business that I have somehow missed?

If h hasn't he should do so or shut up.

What is it with these blokes. Wanting to tell people how to run companies which have absolutely NOTHING to do with them.

You want a say, you get out your cash and buy a say.

Otherwise you are nothing but a rabble rouser.

The problem is mate,that he is giving his viewpoint,just the same as you give yours and i give mine.

Although i accept that mr.wallace should be given his 120 days to let us know where we are.

For all those who think DK should just buy the club, how do you suppose he could achieve this?

There are actually very few shares available for sale just now. He could perhaps buy a few for 27p but as soon as the market realises that DK is looking to buy, the share price will rise steeply. Once he accumulated 30% he would then be faced with the added difficulty of being forced by law to offer to buy all the remaining shares at the highest price achieved over the previous 12 months. That is currently 88p. In short, I reckon DK would probably have to spend about £50m if he were to attempt a takeover just now - and not a penny of that would go to Rangers!

Would it not be far more sensible (from his point of view) to wait until there is a new share issue? The current market value of the club is about £18m. If DK were to invest £18m then, on paper at least, the value of the club would immediately double so he would expect to be allocated 50% of the shares. That way both he and the club are winners.

The existing big shareholders, for obvious reasons, are desperate for DK to attempt a takeover. However, they do not have time on their side. As the cash reserves run out, they will have to choose between administration or a new share issue. It trully is a game of cat and mouse.

So why doesn't he got to his mate Paul Murray's backers and offer to buy there shares then, surely that gives him a foothold and majority share in the club, but really if a new share issue happens then the current investors are offered the chance to buy shares so as not to dilute there shares and what is left would be available to king and what not. All this interview is going to Sonia drive a wedge between the hoard and fans. Also as you point out if Dave king bought some shares it would drive the share price up, ain't that a good thing as it would increase the value of the club and then when it came to the next share issue it wold then result in more money for the club. Or don't you want this to happen cause of your hatred for the current investors

If he buys 50% of.the shares.he will need to buy the rest anyway and only some will come intp the club

The problem is mate,that he is giving his viewpoint,just the same as you give yours and i give mine.

Although i accept that mr.wallace should be given his 120 days to let us know where we are.

i do mine via an online forum that carrys no weight at all.

If i want to speak to wallace i could probably manage it becuase i spend a bit of cash at ibrox but he'd view me, quite rightly, as no more than a punter.

If King wanted to speak to Wallace he could pick up the phone and arrange a date and pop in for a meeting about whatever took his fancy.

Simply put he has no need to bump his gums to the press. Indeed, he is doing so, because he has no intention of getting involved until it suits him and thats a time where he can pick up the club for nowt.

Why don't people grasp the fact that D.King or anyone else who buys shares right now would not be investing in the club but lining the pockets of whoever is selling them.

They would then have to pour money into the club. I doubt that anyone with that amount of money is going to hand It over to current shareholders. They will play a waiting game.

The South Africa-based multi-millionaire believes it will be necessary for his boyhood heroes to have another share issue in the near future.

And the 58-year-old Glasgow-born businessman has suggested that he will come on board when it is.

King said: "A new share issue is 100% inevitable. I expect to be involved in that when the time comes.

"They had one share issue last year where they managed to line up some institutions to invest.

"That's not going to happen again because these institutions were very badly burned.

"I don't think you will find any institutional support for Rangers going forward."

King came to Scotland and met with major players in the Ibrox power struggle before the club AGM in November.

He was keen that any money he invests goes straight to the club and the team, but was unable to broker a deal to return.

The Scot, though, feels the board will have to seek a fresh injection of cash if fans are to part with money for season tickets next season.

He said: "How are the board going to be able to show the fans the way forward when it comes to stump up for season tickets?

"How often can you say to the fans: 'Trust us and give us your money'. What they are saying is: 'We're not putting money in but we want you to pay yours up front.' Cost-cutting isn't going to help us when we get back to the top flight."

i do mine via an online forum that carrys no weight at all.

If i want to speak to wallace i could probably manage it becuase i spend a bit of cash at ibrox but he'd view me, quite rightly, as no more than a punter.

If King wanted to speak to Wallace he could pick up the phone and arrange a date and pop in for a meeting about whatever took his fancy.

Simply put he has no need to bump his gums to the press. Indeed, he is doing so, because he has no intention of getting involved until it suits him and thats a time where he can pick up the club for nowt.

Just like mr.king you're entitled to your opinion.