• Ally is doing a great job in all aspects of management
    • Ally is getting great results, and I?ll back him until he isn?t
    • Ally is doing a good job, given the circumstances
    • Ally is doing a good job, I don?t care about performances
    • Ally is doing an average job, that most could do given our resources
    • Ally is doing an average job, but he is a legend so I back him
    • Ally has potential, but requires a quality first team coach / assistant
    • Ally has potential, but requires more backing in the transfer market
    • Ally has potential, but needs to move away from ?jobs for the boys?
    • Ally has performed poorly so far, given our resources
    • Ally has performed poorly so far, but I back him to improve as our standard of opposition does
    • Ally is holding our club back, due to his short termism
    • Ally is holding our club back, due to his lack of ability

Afternoon all,

Been going through a few of the threads on Ally’s performance as manager, which is rightfully up for discussion at the moment. The subject seems to be the cause of a lot of anger / frustration / upset - however, I actually quite like being able to talk about football and performance, as opposed to directors, GCC deals and wage cuts.

I’ve seen a number of people state that Ally is doing fine and that ‘there are a small (but loud) minority of Ally haters’, however, it seems that more and more people are coming to the conclusion that he just doesn’t have it as a manager.

I’d like to put this poll out, to properly canvas the opinion of our support. Might help with defining the issue someone, and taking away some of the insults and accusations thrown about.

I’ve tried to summarise the general trends of fans and the media as best I can. Vote away gentlemen… :pipe:

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ‘Ally Haters’ thing is pure myth.

If you can give me any sort of valid explanation as to why fans of Rangers FC would hate the man who scored more than anyone else and who won titles for fun then I will listen.

People who question his ability as manager are doing no different to when they questioned others like Greig, McCleish, Dick, PLG ect. That is what happens when a manager is not fulfilling the expectations some fans hold. To make it into some witch hunt for a former player and legend is laughable.

If you can give me any sort of valid explanation as to why fans of Rangers FC would hate the man who scored more than anyone else and who won titles for fun then I will listen.

People who question his ability as manager are doing no different to when they questioned others like Greig, McCleish, Dick, PLG ect. That is what happens when a manager is not fulfilling the expectations some fans hold. To make it into some witch hunt for a former player and legend is laughable.

I've seen him been called a "cunt", "bastard", etc on here quite a few times.

I wish people would stop calling supporters Ally haters just because they question his ability as a manager , there are a few answers

I could put , IMO he does not have the ability and is holding our recovery back , and yes we are performing poorly considering our resources

Que the fuck off and don't come back and the taig comments

I wish people would stop calling supporters Ally haters just because they question his ability as a manager , there are a few answers

I could put , IMO he does not have the ability and is holding our recovery back , and yes we are performing poorly considering our resources

Que the fuck off and don't come back and the taig comments

Fuck off and don't come back, ye giat.

Can we get an explanation why tjere is a sticky re: abuse of McCoist and why he has been referred to as Fat Sally, McSciaf, the enemy within and the pallbearer on here?

I normally call people I hate "cunts" and "bastards"...

Come on now...

You tryin to tell me you never heard Walter get that at times at Ibrox or McLeish ect...

I know for a fact Greig got it and worse yet we dont hate him.

Emotion, booze ect have factors to play and of course it shouldnt be said or happen but it does not mean people 'hate' him.

He's Ally McCoist for goodness sake!

Can we get an explanation why tjere is a sticky re: abuse of McCoist and why he has been referred to as Fat Sally, McSciaf, the enemy within and the pallbearer on here?

As I said it shouldnt happen but people get to wrapped up in it at times.

Most of the abuse I have seen comes from posters who admin have dealt with swiftly and no doubt are not what we think they are.

Abuse IMO is not on but I have heard it before at all managers at the club, legends included.

Greig was called everything under the sun during his spell but he was far from hated.

This whole 'ally haters' thing is a myth and is used as an excuse to cover up the lack of debate on the standard of performances and future direction under his management!

that's bollocks. I've tried on several occasions to discuss what I've seen as positives regards our on pitch product and youth development only be met with the usual 'head in the sand' responses.

I've sadly picked the last option, I'm in no doubt now that Ally isn't the man for the job.

There's been too many matches where I think the failures have been down to him, whether it's team selections or not being able to motivate professional players well enough.

I honestly fear for the man a bit, even in the Championship next season because I think it's going to be clear as day this time next year results wise.

All that being said, I would never insult a legend like Ally and some of the outbursts and names he's been called on here have been ridiculous.

It's because of the Ally haters ...... Oh wait there are none! only a couple of posters who always give a fair perspective when discussing his abilities - such critique includes his lack of waving his hands about, his dress sense, and Durrant not bring told to get his hands oot I' his pockets.

It's because of the Ally haters ...... Oh wait there are none! only a couple of posters who always give a fair perspective when discussing his abilities - such critique includes his lack of waving his hands about, his dress sense, and Durrant not bring told to get his hands oot I' his pockets.

I accept there are some idiots who go down the route if criticising ally for everything and anything and resort to vindictive insults about his appearance etc which is completely out of order! The problem is there is a sizeable chunk of fans who love the guy but are exasperated with his management and the direction we are going as a team and they are grouped as 'ally haters' when in reality they are just offering an opinion and want the best for the club!

Must be the only fans in the world who wants a manager sacked even though we're 23 points clear at the top and only dropped 1 point in 22 games.

Ally's tactics can sometimes annoy me, but as we're winning every game, how can we possibly want our manager out? That's why i've went with the 'Ally is getting great results, and I’ll back him until he isn’t' option for now.

And before anyone comes out with the "its only butchers and posties we're against" usual boring stuff, we can only beat who is put infront of us.

The Ally debate needs to be knocked on the head it's just going round in circles with fellow Bears falling out over it. Time will be the judge of Ally and while I hope he proves me wrong I doubt it very much, as soon as we come up against full time teams we will start to lose games like Saturday. Sadly by then we will have wasted 3/4 years, but Rangers will be going long after all of us are gone so its grin and bear it time until we get something better.

Ally needs to listen to the fans about quality but we are winning. I think he will be here this time next year but he needs to improving the performances. The bears are disgruntled but some forget the job he had on his hands less than two years ago.