Supporters Direct chief calls on Rangers fans to unite and steer club into fan

Bothwellbear

Withdraw the clubs main source of working capital then how does it survive? Sorry but there's no possible way that can be a solution.

I'd like to think even if I was more on the cynical side I wouldn't go that far.

Accotding to Brian we are due a 70% increase in sponsor revenue this season (Puma/Blackthorn) as opposed to the Tennants and Umbro deals. We are due an increase in hospitality revenue, The accounts didn't even factor in the 3 kits we released. We also have a 2.5m credit facility available. Our ST income dropped 33% in the 13 months up to June 2013 and at that point in time only 4.5m of the 11m in the bank was from STs. So, its hardly as crucial as its made out to be that we all buy a ST.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would need.to be run sustainably and i dont think it would be as i dont see where the funding to run the club would come from.

All of the current revenue sources plus membership fees from those who are involved in the scheme. It would also be possible to hold a certain % of the overall shareholding for institutional investors to allow further investment in the club. ie 51% fan owners/49% institutions

Rangers fans would happily pay £20 a month. Imagine 36k doing this. Got to laugh when people on here say "we don't agree with each other" the Rangers support hasn't always agreed with the Rangers board the Rangers board hasn't always agreed with the Rangers fans.

It hasn't stopped us being run by investors / board members though. Do you think investors agree with the Rangers support?

A club like Rangers with the fan base etc....... will work.

Also with Rangers being fan owned maybe we will start to grow some balls when it comes to the media?

Accotding to Brian we are due a 70% increase in sponsor revenue this season (Puma/Blackthorn) as opposed to the Tennants and Umbro deals. We are due an increase in hospitality revenue, The accounts didn't even factor in the 3 kits we released. We also have a 2.5m credit facility available. Our ST income dropped 33% in the 13 months up to June 2013 and at that point in time only 4.5m of the 11m in the bank was from STs. So, its hardly as crucial as its made out to be that we all buy a ST.

The club budgets for season tickets every year you're delusional if you're being serious

We should keep all avenues open and not just dismiss them out of hand.

However , is this doable ?

I don't have the figures ( maybe someone can help ? ) , but I'm pretty sure the amount of fans that bought into the IPO was in the low thousands and not tens of thousands. So to hope 20000 put into it , will be a big ask.

While fan ownership may be a path worth pursuing I don't believe the article is in tune with the majority of the support. From the fan groups mentioned to the distrust in the current board. It was of my opinion that most here are willing to give the current board time.

Have Fred Goodwin and Paul Murray got together on this article, and changed first names to confuse us fans ? <cr> .

I personally, would have to know a lot more about this proposed route than just this article, but if the minority supporters groups mentioned in this article, are what are to be put in front of us as an example of unity among Rangers fans', and foisted upon us as credible standard bearers, then to be honest, it is certain fail, before it even has a chance to be offered up.

To be an avenue of positivity, these divisive groups' must have more credible leaders than they have now, to allow this project to bear any fruit. To talk of fan ownership, we must first, have fan unity. This will only be achieved when these groups' throw out their deadwood, and chose leaders who will be acceptable to the majority of fans'.

This process, would surely be acceptable, as it is not that far away from what they proposed the majority of fans' should do,concerning board member elections, prior and upto the recent AGM .

Until this can be achieved, i'm afraid that fan ownership is as far away from being successful as Craig Whyte asking Big Sandy to step outside onto Edmiston Drive for a square go. It just will not happen. :7325:

Great idea and must be done , pity too many of our fans will be pushing an agenda , some of our fans will not participate in this plan , infact they will go out of their way to wreck it or sabotage it , even if its to the detriment of the club they say they love ....already in this thread it has begun, with attacks on supporters groups , i have no doubt some supporters would rather see the club go to the wall , than unite or get on board with certain groups and people ...

Are you referring to the supporters groups there as it was them calling on fans to avoid renewing and starving the club of cash.

You might have got away with that but for those pesky memories :lol:

It was minico and the groups that split the fans with their smear campaigns so you just look foolish calling for unity now and blaming everyone else.

Lest we forget.

All of the current revenue sources plus membership fees from those who are involved in the scheme. It would also be possible to hold a certain % of the overall shareholding for institutional investors to allow further investment in the club. ie 51% fan owners/49% institutions

Not a chance would investers sell more than half the club at a loss though it simply wouldnt work people can barely afford to live at the moment let alone find an extra £20 a month or whatever it is.

All the wee capitalist toadies touching their forelocks to the board might suit the right wing nut jobs and board plants on here who are intent on serving their masters. Notice is served......your P45's are in the post.

"Capital is dead labour, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labour, and lives the more, the more labour it sucks."

The PEOPLE will own our club.....your time is up

that says everything !

No it doesn't

The situations are different

We now have established investors and share holders running the club

Hearts are up for tender with a fans group in the forefront

We had our chance

So called Rangers men with money like McColl, Gillespies, Murray, Smilie, Parl etc had their chance and as fans the fact the fighting fund raised the mere sum of 500k says it all