Rangers – Fan ownership, or not, as a consequence of Fan Unity.

iang2911

Membership model to support Scouting and Youth development  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is achievable?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you sign up to such a scheme?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the wider global fan base would buy in to it?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested to know why wully?

Just don't think it would work at our club. No one really trusts anyone to use the money wisely and there are no guarantees it would be used properly.

A bit of the above plus I already put enough money into the club as it is. Simply got better things to do with my money than just give it away ontop of buying tickets and merchandise.

There's a credit crunch that is effecting almost every country. Although people on the internet say they would happily hand out there hard earned cash to this and that when it comes to it alot won't.

Just don't think it would work at our club. No one really trusts anyone to use the money wisely and there are no guarantees it would be used properly.

A bit of the above plus I already put enough money into the club as it is. Simply got better things to do with my money than just give it away ontop of buying tickets and merchandise.

There's a credit crunch that is effecting almost every country. Although people on the internet say they would happily hand out there hard earned cash to this and that when it comes to it alot won't.

Thanks Wully,

I am aware of the Trust issue, or lack of, that why I have structured like I have. No-one could then be caused of Bazer chasing and experience professionals with knowledge of the game would run it. I would hope then that trust could be rebuilt, a slow progress I know.

Money is going to be an issue for some people, I cannae ignore that, however the costs required are known and over time, with increased membership number, the membership fee could come down in line with funding needs. I have also given thoughts to family and youth memberships etc. to make it easier for the majority of people to get involved.

Yes, again, this cannae be ignored.

Ok. As I am away on business from tomorrow i passed by Ibrox and handed in an envelope fao Mr Wallace so we can hopefully start discussions around the viability of this project.

I will keep you up to date with what happens.

I have just put in three x yes, it will not be easy but you deserve support in what you are trying to do. Good luck with the plan. (tu)

I have just put in three x yes, it will not be easy but you deserve support in what you are trying to do. Good luck with the plan. (tu)

Cheers mate. Someone needed to stop bumping their gums and just do something. I hope this can get off the ground as it would really secure the future of the club and give a tangible return to the fans.

Interesting story on the clubs website about the youth players as well not getting talked about or getting support. Timing is everything as they say and hopefully this will ring a few bells inside Ibrox as a way forward.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read this and vote.

I'm going to keep it on for 1 week so I can show the results when needed. If anyone who has a blog would like to help please feel free to take the OP and publish it. Permission granted.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read this and vote.

I'm going to keep it on for 1 week so I can show the results when needed. If anyone who has a blog would like to help please feel free to take the OP and publish it. Permission granted.

Interesting set of results bud - I would suspect a successful scheme actually up and running would result in a swing from the "No" to the "yes" camp

Interesting set of results bud - I would suspect a successful scheme actually up and running would result in a swing from the "No" to the "yes" camp

Thanks D'Art. It means a lot coming from you.

It is a far more positive result than I hoped for.

Its interesting to see that whichever forum you visit there is discussion on this subject - though not necessarily the identical model. Perhaps Im wrong but I sense there may be a wind of change sweeping through our support with regard to the prospect - after all we have been through and the failures of other models - its hardly surprising.

Its interesting to see that whichever forum you visit there is discussion on this subject - though not necessarily the identical model. Perhaps Im wrong but I sense there may be a wind of change sweeping through our support with regard to the prospect - after all we have been through and the failures of other models - its hardly surprising.

Agreed

First post so go easy please, I honestly believe fan ownership or a significant number of fans with shares is the way forward, there has to be something there that will make future owners/hedgefund/spivs stop and not see the club as an easy way to line their pockets.

On the question of who would run it, where would the money go etc I am thinking along the lines of how a home owners association works, we all own our home and it is all in our best interests to keep the neighbourhood looking good, protecting our investment in our homes, we appoint an independent company to collect the dues, pay the bills and instruct any work that needs to be done. They produce accounts at the end of year showing us where every last cent went. I am assuming that there are similar companies in Glasgow. Anyone who wishes to be on the board completes a form stating why, at the annual meeting, one house, one vote, we vote for who we want on the board, each person has the opportunity to speak to all the other owners. That board then liases with the management company. Anyone can attend the monthly board meetings if they have a concern, most people only attend or proxy for the annual meeting where we discuss what we want to achieve within the next year, and of course vote for the board.

Now change the neighbourhood and the houses within it to the club and youth development. This does not have to be difficult, if we want to make it work we will.

Ian,

From previous comments you have made I know you have invested a lot of time in this project and i applaud your efforts in attempting this move, however due to our previous as a fan base I do see a divisiveness even amongst ourselves which brings out the cynic in me as to where this project could go.

Certainly without the club officially recoignising this body and making it 100% clear they are going to be the only ones consulted and involved at board level if necessary then the baby trusts are going to throw spanners in the works at all stages.

Maybe i am a bit too cynical in this but should there be no official recoignision by the club and a properly accountable governing body of this trust then I cannot see how people can get past the likes of Mark Dingwall who has all but destroyed fan trust for his own personal agenda.

More power to you mate and I will be keeping an eye on your efforts, should you succeed I will happily eat my words and back this scheme, to you personally however, for all your efforts you should be certainly thanked by most supporters for attempting to put a plan in place to try and unite us. Don't lose faith mate and i sincerely hope you succeed.

The concept is a fine and laudable one but, in reality, it's a pipe dream.

The inescapable fact is that few Rangers supporters would put their faith (never mind their hard earned money) in such a scheme if it were 'fronted' by the groups and individuals that currently purport to speak on their behalf.

Their collective (and individual) behaviour over the past year has been deplorable, and they have amply demonstrated just how devisive and untrustworthy they are, and how destructive they would be if they ever gained power at Ibrox. The controversy currently surrounding the RST is a case in point.

For any such scheme to become a reality there would need to be fundemental and comprehensive change in the structure of our supporter representation; the creation of one all-embracing group and,above all, the permanent removal of all of the discredited individuals that currently inhabit the RST, the Assembly and the Association. I need not comment on the Sons of Struth, suffice to say that I trust they will quietly disappear into the mists of time, never to darken the blue skies of Ibrox ever again!

A clean slate is imperative if trust - and hard earned money - is ever to be invested in a fan ownership scheme.

First post so go easy please, I honestly believe fan ownership or a significant number of fans with shares is the way forward, there has to be something there that will make future owners/hedgefund/spivs stop and not see the club as an easy way to line their pockets.

On the question of who would run it, where would the money go etc I am thinking along the lines of how a home owners association works, we all own our home and it is all in our best interests to keep the neighbourhood looking good, protecting our investment in our homes, we appoint an independent company to collect the dues, pay the bills and instruct any work that needs to be done. They produce accounts at the end of year showing us where every last cent went. I am assuming that there are similar companies in Glasgow. Anyone who wishes to be on the board completes a form stating why, at the annual meeting, one house, one vote, we vote for who we want on the board, each person has the opportunity to speak to all the other owners. That board then liases with the management company. Anyone can attend the monthly board meetings if they have a concern, most people only attend or proxy for the annual meeting where we discuss what we want to achieve within the next year, and of course vote for the board.

Now change the neighbourhood and the houses within it to the club and youth development. This does not have to be difficult, if we want to make it work we will.

thats the spirit mate. Good 1st post imo

Ian,

From previous comments you have made I know you have invested a lot of time in this project and i applaud your efforts in attempting this move, however due to our previous as a fan base I do see a divisiveness even amongst ourselves which brings out the cynic in me as to where this project could go.

Certainly without the club officially recoignising this body and making it 100% clear they are going to be the only ones consulted and involved at board level if necessary then the baby trusts are going to throw spanners in the works at all stages.

Maybe i am a bit too cynical in this but should there be no official recoignision by the club and a properly accountable governing body of this trust then I cannot see how people can get past the likes of Mark Dingwall who has all but destroyed fan trust for his own personal agenda.

More power to you mate and I will be keeping an eye on your efforts, should you succeed I will happily eat my words and back this scheme, to you personally however, for all your efforts you should be certainly thanked by most supporters for attempting to put a plan in place to try and unite us. Don't lose faith mate and i sincerely hope you succeed.

Thanks Malvern,

This is why I put it out now, I am hearing things that are going on that IMO will be very difficult to make successful and does not provide for any long term sustainable support to the Club, no matter who owns it!

I put in my suggestion on Monday past for the attention of Graham Wallace and I am now waiting to hear back. Once I do I will update this thread.

The concept is a fine and laudable one but, in reality, it's a pipe dream.

The inescapable fact is that few Rangers supporters would put their faith (never mind their hard earned money) in such a scheme if it were 'fronted' by the groups and individuals that currently purport to speak on their behalf.

Their collective (and individual) behaviour over the past year has been deplorable, and they have amply demonstrated just how devisive and untrustworthy they are, and how destructive they would be if they ever gained power at Ibrox. The controversy currently surrounding the RST is a case in point.

For any such scheme to become a reality there would need to be fundemental and comprehensive change in the structure of our supporter representation; the creation of one all-embracing group and,above all, the permanent removal of all of the discredited individuals that currently inhabit the RST, the Assembly and the Association. I need not comment on the Sons of Struth, suffice to say that I trust they will quietly disappear into the mists of time, never to darken the blue skies of Ibrox ever again!

A clean slate is imperative if trust - and hard earned money - is ever to be invested in a fan ownership scheme.

This is what I am suggesting mate, it needs to be new and it needs to be transparent but above all it needs to benefit the club and the fans.

:shifty: