Is McInnes Back In The Conversation Yet?

BlueSuedeSambas

Do you think we could have beaten Celtic both home and away with our team at present ?

DMI has done more than a decent job with Aberdeen, as high as they can go in the league, one cup final, and favourites to reach the semis in the other..All done with a playing budget which is 2/3 of ours

Not too bad you've got to say.

But with the second biggest budget in the SPL he has managed to lose 8 games, draw 1 and win 16, leaving him a grand total of 21 points behind Celtic so far. Not good you've got to say.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But with the second biggest budget in the SPL he has managed to lose 8 games, draw 1 and win 16, leaving him a grand total of 21 points behind Celtic so far. Not good you've got to say.

I wasn't saying he is the perfect candidate to manage us, however he has improved them in comparison with previous managers. They are never going to finish top so second is as high as it gets for them.

If " year on year" there is continual improvement then he has got to be considered as a candidate, that's assuming Ally doesn't turn into a combination of "Guardiola & Mourinho".

Despite a great result last night it is still a no for me.

Added to my previous comment earlier in this thread I don't think we shodul look at brining any new manager in who previously played for the club. This has been one of the great debate points on mcCoist (if it wasn't McCoist he'd be sacked by now, etc) and exactly the same would befall McInnes or any other former player.

I think we need a complete outsider to come in and shake things up rather than pick up from someone else's misguided trail.

Despite a great result last night it is still a no for me.

Added to my previous comment earlier in this thread I don't think we shodul look at brining any new manager in who previously played for the club. This has been one of the great debate points on mcCoist (if it wasn't McCoist he'd be sacked by now, etc) and exactly the same would befall McInnes or any other former player.

I think we need a complete outsider to come in and shake things up rather than pick up from someone else's misguided trail.

So it is wrong to automatically choose someone because of a Rangers connection but it is OK to automatically discard them for the same reason?

Is it not about the best man?