bigotry towards Daly

Johnny Hubbard

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did i say that any fan wasn't welcome?

Answer=Nowhere.

Don't think you read my post.

I said i'd support Daly in a blue jersey but i'd rather we were an all protestant team.

Fair enough, if that's all you meant - I interpreted it differently, my bad

Despite not sharing your belief system, I am proud of the history of our club, not least the fact it isn't based on years of systematic child abuse, but that's by the bye.

It was the 'I would rather Rangers were a protestant only team again' - while I appreciate your point was for the team, your earlier point about Rangers being supported by those who shared your beliefs led me to ask, maybe not as well as I could have, that if we were a protestant only team, would your issue, if that's what it was, be solely with the players

Anyway, I didn't mean it to come across the way it did

Also, I don't think anyone would take issue with your point about Daly

Ok then,im not sorry.

Im a proud protestant,unionist and loyalist.

I follow Rangers fc,the team traditionally supported by many who share my beliefs.

I'm a lapsed orangeman and apprentice boy as well as a former band member(DRFB)

I have also taken the Queen's shilling.

I am not ashamed,why should i be?

Im proud of what i am and who i am.

I would rather Rangers were a protestant only team again.

Im sick and tired of people trying to make protestants/loyalists/unionists feel ashamed of our culture.

So if anyone on here thinks that i should feel shame about any of that then that is their problem.

So back to my original point,i'd rather daly wasn't there but he is,so he gets my support when he pulls on that famous blue jersey.

do you live in ayrshire and work for the railway ?

a1sio0.jpg

Mcmurdo is a balloon who is losing credibility by the day with pish like this.

I have been to practically every game this season and have not heard any bigoted criticism levelled against Daly.

I shouted at him on Saturday because of his inability to jump more than 6" off the deck! I didn't mention his country of birth! his religion or even his name. I merely pointed out that my granny can jump higher than this cXnt at times.

Do you sit in the main stand rear?

Where did i say that any fan wasn't welcome?

Answer=Nowhere.

Don't think you read my post.

I said i'd support Daly in a blue jersey but i'd rather we were an all protestant team.

Do you even got to a COS church?

Feel it's worth pointing out that he doesn't need to attenda CoS church to be a protestant.

The CoS are a disgrace to Protestantism. Luther, Calvin and Knox will be turning in their graves at the nonsense that so called Protestant church have been coming out with for years. If I go nowadays its to the local Evangelical church. At least they believe in God and don't cow-tow to the papists.

CoS? Too many pink fag commie subversives suckling at the breast of the papacy for my tastes these days. Hellfire, brimstone and damnation, that's what builds character. No fucking namby pamby getting along with our ecumenical cousins pish!

Good to get that off my chest!

And this isn't a dig at Daly. He can follow any faith he likes, no problem with that. I just despair that the Church I took communion in is now a shadow of its former self, full of liberal tosspots. They've even teamed up with the Humanists to put an end to prayers and such like in assemblies. What on earth is that all about? The fucking Humanists?!?!?!?!?!?!

The CoS are a disgrace to Protestantism. Luther, Calvin and Knox will be turning in their graves at the nonsense that so called Protestant church have been coming out with for years. If I go nowadays its to the local Evangelical church. At least they believe in God and don't cow-tow to the papists.

CoS? Too many pink fag commie subversives suckling at the breast of the papacy for my tastes these days. Hellfire, brimstone and damnation, that's what builds character. No fucking namby pamby getting along with our ecumenical cousins pish!

And this isn't a dig at Daly. He can follow any faith he likes, no problem with that. I just despair that the Church I took communion in is now a shadow of its former self, full of liberal tosspots. They've even teamed up with the Humanists to put an end to prayers and such like in assemblies. What on earth is that all about? The fucking Humanists?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well if you don't like the Church of Scotland, there's always the Free Church of Scotland, The Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland, The Associated Presbyterian Churches of Scotland, The Reformed Presbyterian Church of Scotland, The United Free Church of Scotland, The Free Church of Scotland (Continuing), and many more!

There's a whole world of Presbyterianism out there!

Here's a handy flowchart:

Churches_of_Scotland_timeline.png

Well if you don't like the Church of Scotland, there's always the Free Church of Scotland, The Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland, The Associated Presbyterian Churches of Scotland, The Reformed Presbyterian Church of Scotland, The United Free Church of Scotland, The Free Church of Scotland (Continuing), and many more!

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

I take it HM The Queen is a disgrace to Protestantism too? She is head of the cofe and they kowtow to the rcs tonangreater degree than the cofs. They aren't even a fully reformed church.

I thought you had put up the map of the London Underground on first view!

Just depresses me that the CoS has come to this.

I take it HM The Queen is a disgrace to Protestantism too? She is head of the cofe and they kowtow to the rcs tonangreater degree than the cofs. They aren't even a fully reformed church.

CoE has always had a "Catholic wing", but the national church in Scotland seems to be getting just as bad.

As for the Queen, her many other virtues easily raise her above the rabble and place her beyond reproach. And remember, the Anglicans may be a bit dodgy but they won't let a RC become Monarch. Whereas we are letting them run this country to ruin.

By the way, I am not some Uber Protestant. Not at all. I have some real problems with the way Protestantism in this country has become a byword for liberal namby-pambyism. The CoS want to be all things to all men and they are failing big style, alienating many and allowing the RCs to fill the moral and it has to be said political void. And we can see where that has gotten the country.

Big JD - not got a problem with man at all, when he wears our colours I will give him all my support. The CoS has stopped wearing our colours and is becoming a joke.

CoE has always had a "Catholic wing", but the national church in Scotland seems to be getting just as bad.

As for the Queen, her many other virtues easily raise her above the rabble and place her beyond reproach. And remember, the Anglicans may be a bit dodgy but they won't let a RC become Monarch. Whereas we are letting them run this country to ruin.

By the way, I am not some Uber Protestant. Not at all. I have some real problems with the way Protestantism in this country has become a byword for liberal namby-pambyism. The CoS want to be all things to all men and they are failing big style, alienating many and allowing the RCs to fill the moral and it has to be said political void. And we can see where that has gotten the country.

Big JD - not got a problem with man at all, when he wears our colours I will give him all my support. The CoS has stopped wearing our colours and is becoming a joke.

That's what happens when you have a country full of people who claim to protestants yet haven't seen the inside of a church on years. They need to do something to get people in the doors.

The cofe still adheres to some of the practices of the rc church.

I'm sure all xtian churches share some practices.

What in particular do you have in mind?

I had assumed, again, possibly naively, that accepting Papal authority was the issue, not shared practice.

I'm sure all xtian churches share some practices.

What in particular do you have in mind?

I had assumed, again, possibly naively, that accepting Papal authority was the issue, not shared practice.

Not just papal authority. Things like communion remain in the cofe. Their wasn't as much dissension re the teachings of Rome. And Henry needed an heir so divorce had to be ratified.

Others rejected everything about the church of Rome and wanted a clean break completely.